Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 74

Thread: Newysports and the fallout from Ty Stedman's convictions

  1. #41
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Hopefully this guy gets some help

    Don't know him personally but he seems to have some issues he needs some help addressing

    That not agreeing with his behaviour at all

    Just recognising this guy needs some help
    yeah even though its a pretty socially unacceptable crime, this blokes condition is no different to alcoholism, drug addiction, gambling etc. We as a society seem to be more accepting of tolerating people getting 'fixed' of these diseases than we are with the stuff this bloke has been accused (and convicted) of.
    One small, and seemingly pedantic point is that it 'sounded' like he was in possession of illicit material, and not charged with any 'physical' abuse against a kid. Im certain one thing eventually leads to another, but hopefully now that its out in the open he can hopefully get help before the situation becomes worse.
    Regardless, his removal from any contact with kids is the bare minimum. But lynching the bloke at this stage prob isnt the answer either (just on that i dont think Mr Boz is advocating for his death).
    The social media posts def sounds like he was coming to terms with some demons, and his mum could def have said 75% less words and had 750% more impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    One of the post he came out as homosexual.
    Which I think blaming that as the reason for his actions is disgustingly insulting.

  3. #43
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,915,980
    same goat

    and I admit i have rather strong attitudes toward pedos - it is the only crime I believe in capital punishment for - although probably not in 'minor cases like this

  4. #44
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Which I think blaming that as the reason for his actions is disgustingly insulting.
    i didnt see it as 'blaming it'. buddy seemed on a roll letting a LOT of stuff out. hes probably never said these words voluntarily to anyone in his life.
    its prob a big moment and it all just came out in one big hit.
    he prob got a lot off his chest and maybe he can start to deal openly with his issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    same goat

    and I admit i have rather strong attitudes toward pedos - it is the only crime I believe in capital punishment for - although probably not in 'minor cases like this
    There is one other. Proven unprovoked murder must be put in first. We even pay for the bastards to live. Money could be spent on helping victims or medical assistance.

    His mum trying to defend or compare this issue to a traffic offence is a disgrace. Not only did she get banged up with many kids who she couldnt support, dad couldnt have been any better, then she ran home for her mum to work and support her.
    Last edited by traffic light; 30-10-2019 at 12:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    people in general are that spineless that in public they just agree with the left loonies because if you dont you're automatically racist/homophobic/elitist etc.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,679
    Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    Not to mention saying he had been eyeing up kids in the Under 17's
    I originally missed the initial post. But when i read this, it was the worst part for me.

    Without details, from what was written, I could somewhat understand a just 18 year old being in possession. I dare say a large portion of high school kids under 18 have some underage material. By no means do I condone this, just saying that there could have been a misunderstanding or at the bare minimum a naivety on his behalf and need for help.

    The lack of remorse and attempts at justification were frustrating to read. Sometimes itís better not to say anything.
    And I was doing okay, separating these actions from the football side of thing and the work of newysports. But when I read the part about under 17s, it definitely sounded predatory. And showed that it had crossed over to the football community and showed there is ongoing issues and it wasnít just a once off or a mistake made when younger.


    I hope he gets the help he obviously needs. In the meantime, I doubt he would be welcomed to any ground to watch football (is this even allowed as a sex offender?!?!?)


    At the very least, there is awareness that this can happen, has happened and club officials can be mindful of this and it may prompt people to ask for a WWCC in the future if they get bad vibes Which is a good thing and will hopefully help protect our children in football, where they should be safe.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,792
    Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    There is one other. Proven unprovoked murder must be put in first. We even pay for the bastards to live. Money could be spent on helping victims or medical assistance.

    His mum trying to defend or compare this issue to a traffic offence is a disgrace. Not only did she get banged up with many kids who she couldnt support, dad couldnt have been any better, then she ran home for her mum to work and support her.
    This doesn't help or add anything to the discussion at hand. Also, way to throw his mum under the bus needlessly. You seem like a top bloke....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I originally missed the initial post. But when i read this, it was the worst part for me.

    Without details, from what was written, I could somewhat understand a just 18 year old being in possession. I dare say a large portion of high school kids under 18 have some underage material. By no means do I condone this, just saying that there could have been a misunderstanding or at the bare minimum a naivety on his behalf and need for help.

    The lack of remorse and attempts at justification were frustrating to read. Sometimes it’s better not to say anything.
    And I was doing okay, separating these actions from the football side of thing and the work of newysports. But when I read the part about under 17s, it definitely sounded predatory. And showed that it had crossed over to the football community and showed there is ongoing issues and it wasn’t just a once off or a mistake made when younger.


    I hope he gets the help he obviously needs. In the meantime, I doubt he would be welcomed to any ground to watch football (is this even allowed as a sex offender?!?!?)


    At the very least, there is awareness that this can happen, has happened and club officials can be mindful of this and it may prompt people to ask for a WWCC in the future if they get bad vibes Which is a good thing and will hopefully help protect our children in football, where they should be safe.
    Lack of Remorse??

    The bloke has some ****ed up issues going on that most of us can't really grasp what he is dealing with because we ain't walked in his path
    Why you are worried about his level of remorse in a Facebook post is bizarre

    He just getting shit out in the open and off his chest. If anything it does take a degree of bravery to post the stuff he did. The repercussions for him outing himself as he did with that post are going to be a lot more steeper than he thinks

    As for your point about him being interested in people in u17s being that the age of consent in this country is 16 I don't see how old mate is doing anything wrong by being interested in those who are most likely 16 or 17 anyway.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i didnt see it as 'blaming it'. buddy seemed on a roll letting a LOT of stuff out. hes probably never said these words voluntarily to anyone in his life.
    its prob a big moment and it all just came out in one big hit.
    he prob got a lot off his chest and maybe he can start to deal openly with his issues.
    I got the same feeling.
    Considering all the religious connotations and the references from his mum about Israel Folau, I think he's probably hates himself for something he thinks is a sin.
    Absolutely ridiculous in this day and age.

    Hopefully accepting his own sexuality is the next step in him never committing despicable crimes again.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    As for your point about him being interested in people in u17s being that the age of consent in this country is 16 I don't see how old mate is doing anything wrong by being interested in those who are most likely 16 or 17 anyway.
    Except for the fact that the age of consent (in NSW) for homosexuals is 18. Not 16 like in heterosexuals.
    Last edited by Roundball Enthusiast; 30-10-2019 at 10:16 AM.

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    304
    Many teenagers, some as young as 13 & 14, willingly and knowingly send explicit images of themselves via socials. It happens a lot.

    I think we would all be surprised how many teenagers have such images of people under legal age on their phones.

    Not in anyway condoning his behavior and very disturbing predatory comments no doubt on his page before deletion, but reality is many many young people have explicit images on their phones

  12. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Except for the fact that the age of consent (in NSW) for homosexuals is 18. Not 16 like in heterosexuals.
    That may well been the case in the past but that has been changed now for approx 15 years to make heterosexual and homosexual consent offences the same

    So you may want to check your sauces on that one

  13. #53
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,328
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    That may well been the case in the past but that has been changed now for approx 15 years to make heterosexual and homosexual consent offences the same

    So you may want to check your sauces on that one
    Sauce check

    https://www.humanrights.gov.au/our-w...997#Heading145

    Age of consent laws
    There is no consistency in the laws of the States and Territories on the age of consent to sex.

    In the ACT the age of consent for both heterosexual and homosexual intercourse is 16 years. In NSW and Queensland the age of consent is 16 years for heterosexual sex and 18 years for homosexual sex. In South Australia the age of consent for both heterosexual and homosexual sex is 17 years. In the Northern Territory the age of sexual consent is 16 years for girls and 18 years for boys.
    OK

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    That may well been the case in the past but that has been changed now for approx 15 years to make heterosexual and homosexual consent offences the same

    So you may want to check your sauces on that one
    Always sauce check before getting yourself covered in mayo.
    Last edited by Roundball Enthusiast; 30-10-2019 at 11:49 AM.

  15. #55
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Always sauce check before getting yourself covered in mayo.
    Probably an inappropriate time for a humble brag considering the topic and also the fact that it doesn't really change the members point much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Probably an inappropriate time for a humble brag considering the topic and also the fact that it doesn't really change the members point much.
    Except for the fact it completely changes his point. He was talking about the fact its 'ok to look and think about people who are 17 because it's legal', when in fact its completely ILLEGAL.

    And as for your humblebrag comment, I'll brag all ****ing night and day about ensuring people know ITS ILLEGAL TO TARGET PEOPLE WHO ARE UNDERAGE.

  17. #57
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,792
    Fair bit of conjecture in here regarding what he did and how far along the scale of bad it was. We don't know exactly what the pictures were of and/or if he acted on any thoughts that came into his head when in the vicinity of the boys who were old enough to share a locker with the adults in the team. Hopefully no one has been hurt by his actions in the past and that him getting caught stops anything from moving further down that scale of bad.


    As someone said earlier, what he did was wrong and obviously illegal but it is a positive that he knows himself that what he did was wrong. Hopefully no one on this forum is sending him death threats or telling him to commit suicide, etc. I'd be more than happy to personally explain to someone who has wished him harm for this the reasons why that's a disgusting thing to do to anyone. I hope he gets help and the fact that he walked away from something that we can all tell meant a lot to him in order to do so is also a good start.

    Hopefully one effect of this story is that clubs may start pushing for WWC checks for all involved. As an outsider who has never been involved in the running of a football club, I assumed they were mandatory for anyone working at a junior level. I can definitely see why they aren't tho, not trying to blame anyone for the current standard.

    Also, Having organised them for crews going into schools to do construction work and having a teacher as a partner, I can tell you that they are very quick and easy to do. It's a very small check that could hopefully save some poor kid from something unthinkable happening to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Hopefully one effect of this story is that clubs may start pushing for WWC checks for all involved. As an outsider who has never been involved in the running of a football club, I assumed they were mandatory for anyone working at a junior level. I can definitely see why they aren't tho, not trying to blame anyone for the current standard.
    To be a coach/manager of a junior team or a fulltime volunteer, you need to have a WWC check. As a tag-along/volunteer not involved daily, you don't need to have one. I think that's where the issue lies.

    It's hard to get people who occasionally help out to get one or force everyone who turns up on match day to have one...

    However, we're talking about CHILDRENS safety, so I don't think there should be a conversation around the increased effort to ensure children are safe from predators.

  19. #59
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Except for the fact it completely changes his point. He was talking about the fact its 'ok to look and think about people who are 17 because it's legal', when in fact its completely ILLEGAL.

    And as for your humblebrag comment, I'll brag all ****ing night and day about ensuring people know ITS ILLEGAL TO TARGET PEOPLE WHO ARE UNDERAGE.
    Ok, firstly here's a gold star for explaining that there is a difference between that age that a heterosexual teenager and a homosexual teenager are legally allowed to consent to sex. Seems kid of odd that two 17 yr old guys can't do the horizontal tango when their straight counterparts can hump away for an extra 2 years.

    But don't forget that no one knows about any sexual relationships between him and these kids or anything even approaching that. So your outrage is pretty unwarranted either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  20. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Sauce check

    You are presenting a paper written in 1997 as your sauce



    Might go check your sauce before you get covered in it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •