Page 31 of 72 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Test Cricket aka real cricket

The big show is a ****ing no show, even when finch and Warner are out of form, they put the trick shots away and play more orthodox shots and grind out runs, this plonker wouldn't get a run in E Grade at Raymo, most selfish batter in the world, enormous talent, big head.

And somehow he has played in test matches....
    Comes in when the team need to build an innings and scrape some runs out, then does a Pup Clarke in 07 World Cup in the first ****ing over, I hope they drop him and put some plonker in so he wakes the **** up
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Looked like Biraz against the Gypos last year.
    Maxwell prob not fazed either.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Looked like Biraz against the Gypos last year.
    Maxwell prob not fazed either.
    He didn't even dive

Needs to be reposted but geez how good is Kohli going?
    Joy to watch. Both teams have turned it on.
    Love the fact he gives the Aussies the big ones as well.
    Johnson was a punk ass bitch for throwing the ball at his back. Not cool.

I had tix for this Sunday in Sydney but since it got moved I can't make the rescheduled day.
    Bugger.
    Would have been epic.
    Anything to do in Sydney on a Sunday lads? I've got time on my hands it seems.
    Last edited by plague; 29-12-2014 at 04:35 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Needs to be reposted but geez how good is Kohli going?
    Joy to watch. Both teams have turned it on.
    Love the fact he gives the Aussies the big ones as well.
    Johnson was a punk ass bitch for throwing the ball at his back. Not cool.

I had tix for this Sunday in Sydney but since it got moved I can't make the rescheduled day.
    Bugger.
    Would have been epic.
    Anything to do in Sydney on a Sunday lads? I've got time on my hands it seems.
    Totally agree about Kohli.

Watching him live yesterday bat was a ****ing joy. The bloke is class and makes it look easy.

That being said the bloke is a complete tosser and carries on like a pork chop.

In the field the other day he spent the entire game hamming it up to the crowd like he was Hulk Hogan and then after missing a return to the keeper by a good 20 yards claims the it slipped angle.
    Complete twat

Berisha like
    Great Player Absolute **** though

That being said if he was an Aussie we would endorse this bloke something shocking

Has my vote for player of the series so far

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Probably not Oz enough or white enough to win it from the CH9 team tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Still have Smith in front.

3 hundreds and a fifty are no sneezing matter either and being he has been on the winning side his runs have proven crucial at setting up his sides chance for Victory

Still have Smith in front.

3 hundreds and a fifty are no sneezing matter either and being he has been on the winning side his runs have proven crucial at setting up his sides chance for Victory
    Two hundreds in Adelaide, 1 here, maybe one next innings? Looked brilliant every time he has batted, if it wasn't for his incompetent batters underneath him India would have been much better poised to win games. Like Smith

Plus his girlfriend is alright on the eye too. TBH I don't know what's more better looking, his stroke play or her, I bet her stroke play would be pretty good as well

Banned
    Two hundreds in Adelaide, 1 here, maybe one next innings? Looked brilliant every time he has batted, if it wasn't for his incompetent batters underneath him India would have been much better poised to win games. Like Smith

Plus his girlfriend is alright on the eye too. TBH I don't know what's more better looking, his stroke play or her, I bet her stroke play would be pretty good as well
    Biggest issue is not India's batting. It is the lack of intelligence for Test Cricket in their side.

The other day at the ground you can see how poor their captain is.

Mitchell Johnson comes out to bat and they spread the field to all parts when he is 0 and 1 not out. FFS If he wants to play the big shot on that score let him and put the field in positions to actually get him out.

At one stage Haddin was copping the leg side bodyline tactics. Got a single and Smith was on strike yet keeps the same field?? Not only did he do that once but several times. Why??

India just don't quite have it between the ears to win test cricket series V Australia.

The teams are actually quite even yet India's Cricket IQ has cost them big time
    Last edited by GazFish35; 30-12-2014 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Hope it's obvious.

Biggest issue is not India's batting. It is the lack of intelligence for Test Cricket in their side.

The other day at the ground you can see how poor their captain is.

Mitchell Johnson comes out to bat and they spread the field to all parts when he is 0 and 1 not out. FFS If he wants to play the big shot on that score let him and put the field in positions to actually get him out.

At one stage Haddin was copping the leg side bodyline tactics. Got a single and Smith was on strike yet keeps the same field?? Not only did he do that once but several times. Why??

India just don't quite have it between the ears to win test cricket series V Australia.

The teams are actually quite even yet India's Cricket IQ has cost them big time
    Dhoni is the problem, Kohli as captain is much much better and loves to have a go.

Banned
    Not that impressed with Smiths captaincy this morning. Regardless of the result of the game the decision to declare when he did was far too defensive.

India would be doing exceptionally well to have got the 326 on the last day they would have required at stumps

Batting for near on a session with the intent to allow a player a personal achievement possibility at the expense of the team winning was not what I want to see from the future Aussie captain.

I seriously doubt Clarke would have been so defensive and this is a classic example of why when Clarke is fit again he is straight back in as captain.

Smith needs to learn the ropes a bit more

Agree to an extent.
    Should've declared or told marsh to get a hurry on. Made India field for a few overs then have a quick turn around to bat.

However, Australia will not lose this test and will win the series today.

Yeah, we win the series unless we lose today (and that's not going to happen) and the bowlers only have to bowl for two sessions instead of three with a short turn around to SCG test. Really not sure what the drama is, even less so if we win today.

Banned
    Sydney test starts 6January so plenty of time to rest and recover.

You don't play the game to win trophies you play to win tests.

The theory should always be how can we win today not how we can claim a trophy by making sure we don't lose

The highest score chasing last at the MCG to win is 332

No other side has chased 300 and won

History says India would not have won at stumps at end of day 4

If he declares yesterday, he's "silly" for giving India a sniff. If India manage to win, he's even sillier. If India win the 4th, it was stupid.
    I'd rather my record reads 1-1-0 than 1-0-1.
    Kohli the **** is coming off ~170, Rahane is coming off ~150. There's 320. Smith has removed the worst outcome from the equation.

In other news, glad to Haddin dishing it out to Kohli.

2-1-0 in a 4 series is a winning record. yewww

Dhoni has done the Indian team a favour and retired from test cricket

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    If he declares yesterday, he's "silly" for giving India a sniff. If India manage to win, he's even sillier. If India win the 4th, it was stupid.
    I'd rather my record reads 1-1-0 than 1-0-1.
    Kohli the **** is coming off ~170, Rahane is coming off ~150. There's 320. Smith has removed the worst outcome from the equation.

In other news, glad to Haddin dishing it out to Kohli.
    Giving them a sniff is actually needed if you are setting them a declaration where time is limited to bowl them out.You actually want them playing shots chasing the win. Reality is 130 years of test cricket history said India would not chase down 326 and so it proved. Give them another 30 overs and they still wouldn't have got there and Australians most likely have bowled them out.

Gutless captaincy from Smith and I hope he learns a big lesson about being positive and backing his players to win

Gutless captaincy from Smith and I hope he learns a big lesson about being positive and backing his players to win
    ...........the series.

Job done.
    Rock solid.