Page 55 of 72 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1426

Thread: Test Cricket aka real cricket

I don't know where the "express" fast bowlers have gone though it has alot to do with the workload and types of games played.

As mentioned above Thomson and Holding were out of this planet. Thommo was frightening at his peak and there is no way any of those "official" timings of Akhtar, Tait or Lee were faster than Thomson. Thommo himself reckons he clocked nearer 180kph than 160kph (now we jump at a ball of 145kph). He was a naturally superb athlete.

Thommo bowled deliveries that would bounce over the keeper and hit the sight screen on the full. Marsh would stand halfway to the boundary. Some deliveries you just didn't see. Holding was close in pace but his natural action was less scary.

Plus, Thommo was a khunt who enjoyed hitting blokes on the scone. Great days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I don't know where the "express" fast bowlers have gone though it has alot to do with the workload and types of games played.

As mentioned above Thomson and Holding were out of this planet. Thommo was frightening at his peak and there is no way any of those "official" timings of Akhtar, Tait or Lee were faster than Thomson. Thommo himself reckons he clocked nearer 180kph than 160kph (now we jump at a ball of 145kph). He was a naturally superb athlete.

Thommo bowled deliveries that would bounce over the keeper and hit the sight screen on the full. Marsh would stand halfway to the boundary. Some deliveries you just didn't see. Holding was close in pace but his natural action was less scary.

Plus, Thommo was a khunt who enjoyed hitting blokes on the scone. Great days.
    Not doubting his pace or anything like that, no matter how hard you try some people just are naturally talented and their biomechanics or natural technique is just excellent and makes them stand out.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    It was a joke member.
    I aware it a joke

I was just getting in the opportunity to confirm how soft the Nintendo generation is

Watch the ****ers squirm today in this heat.
    Wonder how they would have survived in the last 80s with no Air Conditioning

Poor ****ers can't handle the heat

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    What I would challenge though is that the top 1% I reckon would be on par or exceeding previous generations. Advancements in sports science, technology, understanding of the body etc as well as the ramping up of professionalism allowing more people to more fully dedicate themselves to athletic and sporting pursuits. I dunno, I just find it hard to imagine that blokes who have busted their gut since they were 10 under modern training regimes and coaching would fall short of blokes who spent more time surfing and riding bikes.
    And you forgot to mention drugs.

A genuine question - how many athletic-based world records (i'm now thinking along the lines of Olympics style events) have lasted 20+ years? My very casual understanding says every few years a world record gets broken for most things athletically. Surely the 1% as you mention Macca are ahead of past athletes.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I aware it a joke

I was just getting in the opportunity to confirm how soft the Nintendo generation is

the only thing worse than millennials is people complaining about millenials

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    it's all the damn baby boomers fault.
    OK

not content with ruining the world they have to whinge about it as well

Rodger Bannister broke the 4 minute mile in 1954, today the world record for the mile 3:43.13, that is a full 16 seconds quicker.
    Just let that sink in.

Yeah nah the current generation are slower then the generations that preceded them.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Standard terrible millennial strain of thought

Millennials or (Gen Y but tried to be a bit more special) are responsible for the 'over the top' PC brigade which has nearly fkd the country. Only now are the assholes being put to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Rodger Bannister broke the 4 minute mile in 1954, today the world record for the mile 3:43.13, that is a full 16 seconds quicker.
    Just let that sink in.

Yeah nah the current generation are slower then the generations that preceded them.
    You do realise track technology has a lot to do with the falling mile time in the 1950's / 60's - also they shaved 6 seconds off Bannisters time within 10 years, and within another 10 years [1975] Walker had taken Ten seconds off Bannisters time to make it around 3'49".

I might also add that Steve Crams British mile record is 32 years old, and that the current World Record you mention is also 18 years old.

So the question is what the hell has happened in the last 18 years ?

The last two one-mile world record holders are 43 and 47 years old now - and Cram the holder before them is now 57 years old.

So much for your example. Try again.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 20-12-2017 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Standard terrible millennial strain of thought

Millennials or (Gen Y but tried to be a bit more special) are responsible for the 'over the top' PC brigade which has nearly fkd the country. Only now are the assholes being put to bed.
    ah, the classic moan of an X'er who can't deal with getting called out for his terrible opinions

who is the real snowflake here

Just to balance it up.

ah, the classic moan of an X'er who can't deal with getting called out for his terrible opinions

who is the real snowflake here
    rofl And another millennial douchebag atrocity...cant handle the opinions of anyone older.

Snowflake? lol the gen Y attempt to pigeon hole an opinion that doesnt suit their faux beliefs. Keep coming with the cool labels.

Get back to work ya righteous pinkos lolol oh wait lifes too hard
    Last edited by hawk; 20-12-2017 at 04:59 PM.

You do realise track technology has a lot to do with the falling mile time in the 1950's / 60's - also they shaved 6 seconds off Bannisters time within 10 years, and within another 10 years [1975] Walker had taken Ten seconds off Bannisters time to make it around 3'49".

I might also add that Steve Crams British mile record is 32 years old, and that the current World Record you mention is also 18 years old.

So the question is what the hell has happened in the last 18 years ?

The last two one-mile world record holders are 43 and 47 years old now - and Cram the holder before them is now 57 years old.

So much for your example. Try again.
    I love how in your little rant you proved yourself wrong.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I aware it a joke

43c at Maitland today and still 41.4c at 4pm. Storm building - looking forward to the cool change.
    You mean like this one from Nintendo generation?
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Looking forward to a cool change and Nintendo's worried about heat - two different things.

Generation war brewing here boys - back to the crickit!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    You mean like this one from Nintendo generation?
    I'm old. I have no dramas admitting I can't handle the heat. Pretty good on Nintendo though just quietly.

Last edited by The Dunster; 20-12-2017 at 09:27 PM.

i dont know what generation im from but am damn sure im ****ing right about everything.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i dont know what generation im from but am damn sure im ****ing right about everything.
    I'll be following your KOTH tips this week then.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    but every genno is wrong.

this wait till the 4th test has wrecked everything