Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Premier Youth League

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    So can we get on with discussing the current youth comp and not the history of current NPL first graders?
    For sure. Tired of having the usual arrogant twats pretending their club develops a player. etc. Its the village that develops every kid

your u6-u9 has more impact than you think. The neighbour whose played a high grade. The school which has a great system. Family who take you to the park to hone skills. Youtube which has more info than any one club here. the small "academies which the club doesnt even know you do. And nearly most of all your parents who picksyou up after "your best club" has told you that your crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

This weeks grand finals:

13's - Edgy v Jaffas (1st v 2nd)
    14's - Jaffas v Weston (1st v 2nd)
    15's - North Coast v Maitland (3rd v 4th)
    16's - Olympic v Edgy (1st v 2nd)
    18's - North Coast v Maitland (2nd v 4th)

Well done to all the teams and players involved.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Reality of football in this region is it?s who you know, and reputations of coaches and clubs with those affiliations goes a long way. Not all the way?.but a long way. .
    Well said. One other. Player attitudes. Ive seen some teams with a toxic group that is very bad to be around. Usually the team does split at some point but avoid this. Having blues on the training pitch doesnt bring a team together to achieve.

This weeks PYL grand finals:

13's

Div A- Edgy v Jaffas (1st v 2nd)
    Div B - Lake Macqaurie V Adamstown (1st v 2nd)
    Div C - NIAS v West Wallsend (1st v 2nd)

14's

Div A - Jaffas v Weston (1st v 2nd)
    Div B - Charlestown V Lake Macquarie (4th v 3rd)
    Div C - NIAS v West Wallsend (1st v 3rd)

15's
    Div A - North Coast v Maitland (3rd v 4th)
    Div B - Mid Coast V New Lambton (1st v 3rd)
    Div C - NIAS v Thornton (3rd v 1st)

16's
    Div A - Olympic v Edgy (1st v 2nd)
    Div B - New Lambton v South Cardiff (1st v 2nd)
    Div C - Thornton v Kahibah (1st v 3rd)

18's
    Div A - North Coast v Maitland (2nd v 4th)
    Div B - New Lambton v Adamstown (1st v 3rd)
    Div C - Kahibah V West Wallsend (1st v 2nd)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Disagree. Magic have gone backwards. The culture is a big part of that. You can ask around. Playing kids up isnt that big a deal. Happens at all clubs. Not saying that only this club has these issues either.

But agree that other clubs have become stronger. So many reasons from recruitment to coaches moving etc. Creates a better comp for everyone

It?s one big constant revolving football bubble. Everyone looking to get their child into best place for their own success. 99.9% end up playing local league anyway.
    If the Jets academy folded tomorrow and all the players went back to the last club they played for where do you think most will be going? I think you know the answer. They haven?t gone backwards they are just better at developing players and their best go to the Jets more often. They are doing it right and if that?s a bad culture then you have issues or are just salty.
    What?s more important, developing players or winning youth trophies?
    Eventually when you develop so often it?s going to hurt your club and you?ll have people that don?t know what they are talking about say you?ve gone backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    . They are doing it right .
    Dont you mean ?we? ?. Or are you still pretending you dont coach there?

Quote Originally Posted by TopCorner View Post
    Dont you mean ?we? ?. Or are you still pretending you dont coach there?
    You really have an obsession with this coach don?t you? He must have made an impression but sorry I can?t help you.
    So are you going to enlighten us with your football brain or you wanna keep playing guess who?

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    If the Jets academy folded tomorrow and all the players went back to the last club they played for where do you think most will be going? I think you know the answer. They haven?t gone backwards they are just better at developing players and their best go to the Jets more often. They are doing it right and if that?s a bad culture then you have issues or are just salty.
    What?s more important, developing players or winning youth trophies?
    Eventually when you develop so often it?s going to hurt your club and you?ll have people that don?t know what they are talking about say you?ve gone backwards.
    The 14s wouldnt be going there. coach is a negative douche. Culture is toxic. Stop picking on kids as well.

This weeks PYL grand finals (so far)

13's

Div B - Adamstown 1 (4) def Lake Macqaurie 1 (2)
    Div C - NIAS 3 v West Wallsend 2

14's

Div B - Charlestown 4 def Lake Macquarie 0
    Div C - West Wallsend 3 def NIAS 2

15's
    Div B - Mid Coast 5 def New Lambton 1
    Div C - Thornton 3 def NIAS 2

16's
    Div B - New Lambton 1 def South Cardiff 0
    Div C - Thornton 2 def Kahibah 0

18's
    Div B - New Lambton 2 def Adamstown 0
    Div C - Kahibah 2 (5) def West Wallsend 2 (3)

"It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    This weeks PYL grand finals (so far)

13's

Div B - Adamstown 1 (4) def Lake Macqaurie 1 (2)
    Div C - NIAS 3 v West Wallsend 2

14's

Div B - Charlestown 4 def Lake Macquarie 0
    Div C - West Wallsend 3 def NIAS 2

15's
    Div B - Mid Coast 5 def New Lambton 1
    Div C - Thornton 3 def NIAS 2

16's
    Div B - New Lambton 1 def South Cardiff 0
    Div C - Thornton 2 def Kahibah 0

18's
    Div B - New Lambton 2 def Adamstown 0
    Div C - Kahibah 2 (5) def West Wallsend 2 (3)

good luck to the teams playing today, shame to be missing it today, the games last week were cracking!

Edgy 13s and Jaffas 14s get the quadruple. What's with Edgeworth and their 16s though? Top 4 team (have been for years), go and win the grand final convincingly against a dominant Olympic but was told by a few people yesterday that every player has been told to retrial.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Edgy 13s and Jaffas 14s get the quadruple. What's with Edgeworth and their 16s though? Top 4 team (have been for years), go and win the grand final convincingly against a dominant Olympic but was told by a few people yesterday that every player has been told to retrial.
    The jump from 16s to 18s can be a big one, and I guess it also depends on how many may age out of their 18s, there may not be a whole lot aging out and therefore not a lot of spots available.

Whilst sitting atop the umpires chair at Adamstown tennis courts yesterday, bored with the ever increasing incidents of sexual assault inflicted on me by bored middle aged housewives, I turned my attention to the football goings on next door. So without further ado, lets hand out some awards for the mums, dads, bored siblings and attention seeking clubmates who didnt make it to the final day.

Supporters of the year awards.

Best referees: Edgeworth 13s. An amazing display of knowing every rule inside and out as written in stone by the forefathers of the game. In an amazing turn of events it turned out every foul on one of their players was a justified and correct decision, but anything awarded against them was in fact completely wrong and an affront to officialdom everywhere. To be the only team to go through the day without committing a real foul is a testament to the team and leaves no one in doubt as to why they were clearly the best team in the grade for the year.

Most respectful: Jaffas 14s. The care taken by parents watching the game knowing that the person to their rights kid got cut was wonderful to see. Although half of them were asleep anyway after 3 mins with the result being in the bag.

Worst haircuts: Maitland. Seriously, do we have that bad a labour shortage in the country that there are people wielding scissors up that way who have never taken a lesson? Ive seen shearers take more care with the end result of a job.

Best signs: Maitland. "Go Maitland". Simple yet effective. Because Maitland did, in fact, go. Well done on the 2 titles.

Worst fans: North Coast, and its not even close. Some highlights: complaining about the sun being in their eyes (but refusing to walk to the other side of the ground where there was no issue), to complaining about every call, to threatening the safety of some Maitland fans (good luck with that one Superdad), to not knowing how penalty shootouts work there was so much ignorance on show it was amazing. To think that these people are in charge of protecting one of Australia's most important assets (Bonville golf club) frightens me no end.

But the highlight of the day was this idiot lady cheering and commenting on a kid for a good 15 mins, calling him out and encouraging his efforts, only to be told by another parent later that the kid she was cheering on wasnt in fact the correct kid, but was in fact a Maitland player and her lad was wearing a different coloured shirt altogether. We dont need prison reform in this country, we need anyone caught breaking the law to ride the bus both ways to and from Coffs with these parents every 2nd week until they are scared straight.

Most shocked fans: Joint winner!!!! Olympic and Edgeworth 16s. Because who the hell saw that performance coming.

Best fans: Easy, Kev Davidsons rocket gave the people what they wanted. Maso's went off. Proper football moment.

Enjoy your football, no doubt some clubs already have the 12 year olds back in the gym. Excellence never sleeps, but I do. Leave me alone.

Cheers,
    plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Whilst sitting atop the umpires chair at Adamstown tennis courts yesterday, bored with the ever increasing incidents of sexual assault inflicted on me by bored middle aged housewives, I turned my attention to the football goings on next door. So without further ado, lets hand out some awards for the mums, dads, bored siblings and attention seeking clubmates who didnt make it to the final day.

Best referees: Edgeworth 13s. An amazing display of knowing every rule inside and out as written in stone by the forefathers of the game. In an amazing turn of events it turned out every foul on one of their players was a justified and correct decision, but anything awarded against them was in fact completely wrong and an affront to officialdom everywhere. To be the only team to go through the day without committing a real foul is a testament to the team and leaves no one in doubt as to why they were clearly the best team in the grade for the year.

Most respectful: Jaffas 14s. The care taken by parents watching the game knowing that the person to their rights kid got cut was wonderful to see. Although half of them were asleep anyway after 3 mins with the result being in the bag.

Worst haircuts: Maitland. Seriously, do we have that bad a labour shortage in the country that there are people wielding scissors up that way who have never taken a lesson? Ive seen shearers take more care with the end result of a job.

Best signs: Maitland. "Go Maitland". Simple yet effective. Because Maitland did, in fact, go. Well done on the 2 titles.

Worst fans: North Coast, and its not even close. Some highlights: complaining about the sun being in their eyes (but refusing to walk to the other side of the ground where there was no issue), to complaining about every call, to threatening the safety of some Maitland fans (good luck with that one Superdad), to not knowing how penalty shootouts work there was so much ignorance on show it was amazing. To think that these people are in charge of protecting one of Australia's most important assets (Bonville golf club) frightens me no end.

But the highlight of the day was this idiot lady cheering and commenting on a kid for a good 15 mins, calling him out and encouraging his efforts, only to be told by another parent later that the kid she was cheering on wasnt in fact the correct kid, but was in fact a Maitland player and her lad was wearing a different coloured shirt altogether. We dont need prison reform in this country, we need anyone caught breaking the law to ride the bus both ways to and from Coffs with these parents every 2nd week until they are scared straight.

Most shocked fans: Joint winner!!!! Olympic and Edgeworth 16s. Because who the hell saw that performance coming.

Best fans: Easy, Kev Davidsons rocket gave the people what they wanted. Maso's went off. Proper football moment.

Enjoy your football, no doubt some clubs already have the 12 year olds back in the gym. Excellence never sleeps, but I do. Leave me alone.

Cheers,
    plague.
    Hope that mum cooked something nice ? back to the computer in the basement 🤦*♂️

@doopche youd be a fair chance at getting the Head Coach gig in 2024 wouldn?t you now that old mate has moved on?

Quote Originally Posted by TopCorner View Post
    @doopche youd be a fair chance at getting the Head Coach gig in 2024 wouldn?t you now that old mate has moved on?
    I thought you said I was already the coach? And now I?m applying for a Job? Sorry but the jokes gone over my head you?ll have to fill me in. Whose old mate.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

Cheers,
    plague.
    LOL was wondering how GF day went as I couldn?t get there myself but this helped thanks. Did see that Kev goal but. Some strike

I've seen the "success" of the PYL celebrated by NNSW with select stats justifying the decision to change the competition. Here are some more figures to throw into the mix:
    40% of PYL div B grand finalists, including two winners, are now destined for Div 2.
    While 0 Cooks Hill teams made a grand final, and 100% play Div 1 next year.
    Olympic
    Div 1 clubs started early recruitment with an advantage as they could guarantee div 1 football and poach as they please. Same will happen next year, making it difficult to retain talent to bring teams back up.

There may have been fewer blowouts but it's not an unqualified success.

Quote Originally Posted by Largesse View Post
    I've seen the "success" of the PYL celebrated by NNSW with select stats justifying the decision to change the competition. Here are some more figures to throw into the mix:
    40% of PYL div B grand finalists, including two winners, are now destined for Div 2.
    Olympic
    Div 1 clubs started early recruitment with an advantage as they could guarantee div 1 football and poach as they please. Same will happen next year, making it difficult to retain talent to bring teams back up.

Only in your opinion. New format was awesome and a success.

Clubs sitting idle on youth getting found out now. Either get active or deservedly go to B or C grade. Valo, Maitland have done ok outside of the "big" 4.

Now getting fair and equitable recruitment is a different story. Its dodgy at best but keep in mind its the parents who take their kids to the usual clubs for trophies. It used to be 2 clubs but now probably 6 or 7 including North coast

Quote Originally Posted by Largesse View Post
    Olympic

So 60% of Div B finalists will be in Div 1? Sounds pretty good.

And does that mean Cooks Hill performed well throughout all grades? To not have one grade propping up the rest. A measure of success is not making grand finals, it’s consistency and improvement. And they must have done alright if they are in div 1 still.

Nobody has to play for clubs. If a club can build a strong culture and improve players and work towards something, they will flourish.

Not meaning to cast aspersions, but it sounds like you’re part of one of those 40% made the grand final but won’t play Div 1 clubs.
    I agree, while working on a club championship model, there will be some successful teams that don’t get the reward or division they deserve. And conversely, some underperforming teams remain in a high division due to other teams performing well.

The fairest is a separate comp for all ages. But the logistics would be very tricky and I really like, and hope clubs are embracing, the idea of creating a club culture.