Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 4 Jets v Western on Mars

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    The game flowed well, very little was missed, stop acting like there was a problem when there wasn't.
    These apparent refs couldn't even get this decision right. Love how most on here think thats ok. Couldn't handle all-age these knobs.

IMG_20231111_214429.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    These apparent refs couldn't even get this decision right. Love how most on here think thats ok. Couldn't handle all-age these knobs.

IMG_20231111_214429.jpg
    Go back and have a look at the assistant looking into the sun, and that's on the far side of the field to where they are looking through a number of players. Put yourself in their shoes.

You might not accept it but you can see how doubt creeps in. And if there's doubt, the mandate is to defer to VAR.

Look at the Liverpool game this morning. Exact same scenario. Assistant did the exact same thing from a reaponse and this time VAR said it was in.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 13-11-2023 at 06:57 PM.

When the goal was given, Scott was absolutely incensed and ran over screaming to the assistant.

I daresay she made a comment that she thinks the ball was out, because after running over to her, he was quickly appeased and they set up for a goal kick.

I think she did her job.

What I don’t like in this situation: I think she should give the ‘soft decision’ and flag and say she thinks the ball was out and make VAR prover her wrong to give the goal. I guess they have been told to give benefit to the attack.
    And she was not in a position to definitively say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you say in general, JM, and some of what you say in the post but I have to challenge part of this too.

Calling the referee the "diversity ref" isn't ok. The gender of a referee doesn't and shouldn't matter - Casey Reibelt is a professional referee in her own right who has completed the course to achieve such a level. In fact I see that have female referee in the center at the highest levels of the game for both men and women is something that should be celebrated and set our game apart from others.

More broadly to all on this forum, not JM specifically, it's been called out on this forum before that this is not a friendly place for women, and it's time we do it again. Many of know each other, but a lot of us don't know who each other are. No matter who we are, the Jets should be what united us and bring us here regardless of gender or anything else. We should all be better.

As for commentary - couldn't agree more. It's as if there isn't an attempt to hide the clear bias in commentary to the big city teams. The Jets men didn't win that match....WU lost it.
    Hear hear.
    Foz needs a ?like? function.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post

IMG_20231111_214429.jpg
    I'm confused, are you saying that they got this call wrong? Because the referees called this as out, which I agree with. If you think it was in, that's fine. I just want to clarify why you're unhappy with the decision.

I can only assume people are unhappy with the ref because she sits down to pee. I just think people should try it out before they write it off so quickly, sometimes a nice sit down wee is a great way to reset. Especially in the heat when you can get some air down there and cool your giblets before carrying on with your day.

#sitdownonesaresomuchfuns
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I'm confused, are you saying that they got this call wrong? Because the referees called this as out, which I agree with. If you think it was in, that's fine. I just want to clarify why you're unhappy with the decision.

I can only assume people are unhappy with the ref because she sits down to pee. I just think people should try it out before they write it off so quickly, sometimes a nice sit down wee is a great way to reset. Especially in the heat when you can get some air down there and cool your giblets before carrying on with your day.

#sitdownonesaresomuchfuns
    That's very feminine of you and hardly a surprise but you don't need to share that much.

The diversity hire referees were terrible

Stop offering excuses

That shouldn't have went to VAR

You would expect all age officials to get that call right

If these diversity hires are only there to satisfy a quota then it is another blight on the game. Their position is about competence and it should be the most capable at the role.

The diversity hires proved they were out of their depth

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    That's very feminine of you and hardly a surprise but you don't need to share that much.

Stop offering excuses

If these diversity hires are only there to satisfy a quota then it is another blight on the game. Their position is about competence and it should be the most capable at the role.

I love how you still don't know what VAR is and how it's used, completely on point for you.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Stop offering excuses

Im amused you had a choice to take on the message of Jeterpool’s comment, Foz guidelines and generally speaking not be an obnoxious, sexist, disrespectful dinosaur, and went right ahead and ignored it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Im amused you had a choice to take on the message of Jeterpool’s comment, Foz guidelines and generally speaking not be an obnoxious, sexist, disrespectful dinosaur, and went right ahead and ignored it.

If that offends someone........
    Last edited by boz-monaut; 14-11-2023 at 06:09 PM. Reason: yep, that offends about half of the population - banned

Wouldn't it be nice if the mods explained the banning of someone, so that the rest of us may avoid offending them and their associates in the future
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    sexist nonsense, worse than the rest of the crap spouted in this thread

and it wasn't me being offended that led to this ban, it was the multiple reports on the post

we mods and admins rarely bother with this forum anymore now that it's gone to shit

Bugger, I always miss the moments when the member goes full member.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    sexist nonsense, worse than the rest of the crap spouted in this thread

and it wasn't me being offended that led to this ban, it was the multiple reports on the post

we mods and admins rarely bother with this forum anymore now that it's gone to shit
    Thanks boz, I see your point of view. My take on it was, if political parties and big companies have female quotas to fill, some might think that FA is going down that path. As for the forum, I think it is more diverse than it's ever been, if you know what I mean

I'm still not at ease with how this has played out, the original complaint wasn't against the member, several people made the same comment but he got banned. There were multiple complaints but from who? In the interest of an open and honest forum, and considering it caused a banning of a long time member, who made the complaints

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    who made the complaints
    Me.

Then i logged into 22 of my other multis and complained as well.

Then he got banned.

Then i laughed because its the member and thats exactly what he wants.

Now please get out of the way so we can continue the circle of life its derby week ffs.

Hail Griff.

Griff.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    I'm still not at ease with how this has played out, the original complaint wasn't against the member, several people made the same comment but he got banned. There were multiple complaints but from who? In the interest of an open and honest forum, and considering it caused a banning of a long time member, who made the complaints
    What’s difficult to understand?

There were a few comments made regarding the female referee, making the errors because she was a female. More comments about it being diversity hire.
    Jeterpool, called the comments out, in a very respectful and polite manner with an aim to educate and perhaps make people aware how their comments may be portrayed, even if they were not intended that way.

Then immediately after, MFKS continued to use the phrases that were specifically called out and then added a little bit of member for good measure.

Rule number 1 is be respectful. JP respectfully asked that terms not be used and urged us all to be more mindful of our comments and MFKS was deliberately antagonising.

It doesn’t matter who reported it. I wish I did. But what does it matter if I did?

This place used to be a bunch of supporters of the jets to have like minded conversation and banter and chat football.
    We give rugby league a fair bit of shit, but you head on over to their forum…every thread is full of respectful conversation, no arguments or anybody deliberately antagonising people.

What’s difficult to understand?

There were a few comments made regarding the female referee, making the errors because she was a female. More comments about it being diversity hire.
    Jeterpool, called the comments out, in a very respectful and polite manner with an aim to educate and perhaps make people aware how their comments may be portrayed, even if they were not intended that way.

Then immediately after, MFKS continued to use the phrases that were specifically called out and then added a little bit of member for good measure.

Rule number 1 is be respectful. JP respectfully asked that terms not be used and urged us all to be more mindful of our comments and MFKS was deliberately antagonising.

It doesn’t matter who reported it. I wish I did. But what does it matter if I did?

This place used to be a bunch of supporters of the jets to have like minded conversation and banter and chat football.
    We give rugby league a fair bit of shit, but you head on over to their forum…every thread is full of respectful conversation, no arguments or anybody deliberately antagonising people.
    Whats this, League supporters read and write ?.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Whats this, League supporters read and write ?.
    They have grunt to text converter apps on iPhones now.

I was equally amazed. Funnily enough, there was more chat on there about Matilda’s WC than on here. Quite a big interest in the Women’s NRL team and competition too.

What?s difficult to understand?

It doesn?t matter who reported it. I wish I did. But what does it matter if I did?

We give rugby league a fair bit of shit, but you head on over to their forum?every thread is full of respectful conversation, no arguments or anybody deliberately antagonising people.
    A friendly warning and a week off would have been ample. It's like sending someone to the electric chair for a parking infringement, that's all I'll say, carry on