Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Premier Youth Leagues

Quote Originally Posted by Unhappygreek View Post
    who is Foz? and what are you talking about being away for 2 years ?
    Just in relation to your post history.
    Last group of posts were 2 years ago after your child was cut from Olympic - and you were ‘unhappy’ about it and Olympic.

Assume you had a good few years as there were no posts until recently when some of them are in relation to one coach.

Was just saying I was glad you had a good couple of years and didn’t feel the need to come to the forum (the Foz) to call anyone out. That’s all!

Hope 2024 brings you some happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    We're the team from the coast
    We're the team that win the most
    We are the Phoenix - Valentine!
    See, while you lot are out there picking on our man roy and bagging coaches you dont like, your boy plague is getting answers to the big questions.

All the best for the season captain carl. Valo are doing a great job hope the working familes out that way havent let the cost of living crisis hurt them too much and they have some leftover cash for a trumpet or two.

Enjoy your football everyone.

Cheers,
    plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

The reason i have been away is that my Boy left to play league for the mighty Kotara Bears
    and has been happy there for the last 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCorner View Post
    Anyway. Looks like the pre season cup is back in PYL in 2024, if with a slightly different format with three games guaranteed per team.

18th 25th Feb
    3rd Mar

Would have been a logistical nightmare last year but thought that it was a good way to start the season.

Thoughts?

I've been told they are friendlies and not a pre-season cup. A few clubs complained about having to be in a competition which meant that coaches couldn't try out kids in different positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    I've been told they are friendlies and not a pre-season cup. A few clubs complained about having to be in a competition which meant that coaches couldn't try out kids in different positions.
    Makes sense? but if that?s the case do we really need NNSWF arranging trial games for us?

Makes sense? but if that?s the case do we really need NNSWF arranging trial games for us?
    Well indeed, but just have the cup. Any coach or TD who thinks they can't try out kids in different positions in a mickey mouse cup really should look at themselves since their aim is to win a $10 trophy that no one will remember who won by the end of the year.
    Last edited by Taffy; 21-11-2023 at 09:58 AM.

A few clubs complained about having to be in a competition which meant that coaches couldn't try out kids in different positions.
    Any coach worried about this shouldnt be coaching kids at NPL level.

Shame on Northern for buying into it and validating those worries by abolishing the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Any coach worried about this shouldnt be coaching kids at NPL level.
    I agree that as a coach you shouldn't be worried about the score, but you should be concerned as to the training benefit you get from such games. You also seem to have forgotten that this is'nt the NPL, it is a combination of what was the NPL and NL1. They don't exisit in youth anymore.

I question what a total mismatch provides for either team in the way of training benefit. In preseason I want both my attack and defence tested, not just one. I watched a team fall behing 10-0 in the first 15 minutes last year. Neither team gained anything from that game and it was a totally wasted training opportunity.

I would be happy if the pre season competition remained, but perhaps limiting the games to teams in your own division.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    I would be happy if the pre season competition remained, but perhaps limiting the games to teams in your own division.
    The pre-season cup was limited to teams in their own division (with the exception of New Lambton and Cooks Hill having just gone up and to make up the numbers across plate and cup). This year with the groups now as even as possible, it would've been just the Div 2 teams in the plater and just the Div 1 teams in the cup.

Ill give Northern a wrap for trying a youth cup. I thought the preseason cup was a waste of time. Just organise trials against similar opposition.

Very interesting read from Football West

https://www.footballwest.com.au/news...ootball-review

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    Very interesting read from Football West

https://www.footballwest.com.au/news...ootball-review
    Nice to see that Northern weren't the last to adopt this sort of thing. Amazing we still have people who think the old system was better for the kids.

A lot of what these findings are is what Northern are doing/want to do. They really need to just ignore the people who have their own agenda to benefit themselves/their club and those who say "it was better in my day", because it really wasn't

Nice to see that Northern weren't the last to adopt this sort of thing. Amazing we still have people who think the old system was better for the kids.

A lot of what these findings are is what Northern are doing/want to do. They really need to just ignore the people who have their own agenda to benefit themselves/their club and those who say "it was better in my day", because it really wasn't
    You did read they want to basically dismantle npl youth? We havent done that here yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Interesting admin edits in this thread ? somethings okay others not.

Last out turn the lights off.

Historically, iirc, the forum was subject to some legal threats following public naming, allegations and hearsay.
    It’s pretty easy to come on here, make a username, name, slander and make comments on a public forum that are viewable to everyone, and disappear.

If people want to make personal allegations against coaches, committee members or clubs, do it on Facebook or face to face. Anonymity is a privilege and we have a responsibility to respect that and eachother.

For the most part, the forum is a great place with different opinions and ideas. But lately there’s either lots of trolls coming in, multis with an agenda or just keyboard warriors happy to hide and slander.

Seriously, the most childish arguments come from a thread about youth football. Presumably, you aren’t the young players coming on here, you should be the adults, parents or supporters.

Before you post. If you wouldn’t be happy to attach your name at the end to field any complaints or legal teams, maybe think about deleting or rewording the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Historically, iirc, the forum was subject to some legal threats following public naming, allegations and hearsay.
    It’s pretty easy to come on here, make a username, name, slander and make comments on a public forum that are viewable to everyone, and disappear.

If people want to make personal allegations against coaches, committee members or clubs, do it on Facebook or face to face. Anonymity is a privilege and we have a responsibility to respect that and eachother.

For the most part, the forum is a great place with different opinions and ideas. But lately there’s either lots of trolls coming in, multis with an agenda or just keyboard warriors happy to hide and slander.

Seriously, the most childish arguments come from a thread about youth football. Presumably, you aren’t the young players coming on here, you should be the adults, parents or supporters.

Before you post. If you wouldn’t be happy to attach your name at the end to field any complaints or legal teams, maybe think about deleting or rewording the post.
    So you calling someone a "dinosaur" isnt ageist or disrespectful? See, you guys have selected offended syndrome. When its about one of your cry groups its an instant crime. You need to understand that people who were here before you, who set up your society and everything you need to live, have honed their own opinions over many years through experiences. And some will hold onto these. Youll do the same and change the values you have now. Anyway enjoy the hypocritical ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    You did read they want to basically dismantle npl youth? We havent done that here yet
    I read this

Promotion/relegation to occur at every level between U13 and U18
    Provide the opportunity for talented players to play the recommended minimum number of games (30) for developmental purposes
    End the current Boys Junior NPL competition structure and introduce a simple divisional structure, ensuring entry and exit mechanisms between the current Boys Junior NPL and the community competitions. This is set to be implemented from 2025

Almost what has been done here. There is no NPL Youth in NNSWF anymore, they have promotion/relegation, they have increased the number of games (though some people think it needs to be less).

Cool

Yes I noticed this also. Now that comment has been deleted also. You either leave all the comments or delete all the comments. Picking and choosing because one coaches your kid whilst leaving up comments that call NPL coaches and clubs grubs is very hypocritical don?t you think Ageon?
    Threats of exposing our names etc, I don?t care. Hopefully your sucking up gets the young fella a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    So you calling someone a "dinosaur" isnt ageist or disrespectful? See, you guys have selected offended syndrome. When its about one of your cry groups its an instant crime. You need to understand that people who were here before you, who set up your society and everything you need to live, have honed their own opinions over many years through experiences. And some will hold onto these. Youll do the same and change the values you have now. Anyway enjoy the hypocritical ride
    I love dinosaurs.
    Dinosaur is one of the nicer things MFKS has been called. How is it ageist? I have no idea how old he or she is. I’m not discriminating against him because of his age. It was in response directly to his comments.

It’s not ageist to challenge somebodies ideas that I believe are outdated.

Do you think it’s okay to come here name somebody and say bad things about them on the public forum?