Page 19 of 97 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Carlos Vella is in good form, we have a buy back clause in his contract of 3.5 mil apparently.

Do we get him goo for berbatov at 2mil?

I reckon we get both.

Last transfer window vela said he doesn't ever want to play for arsenal again, said he's happy in la liga, seems a pea heart if u ask me. Not sure on berbatov, bit lazy but is very intelligent. Does he have the legs?
    Jackson Martinez from benfica looks the goods but is he worth 30plus m pounds

Berbatov is shit in shit teams but can score with good service.
    I think we can give him good service.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Berbatov is shit in shit teams but can score with good service.
    I think we can give him good service.
    Would need berbatov for the extra depth during fa cup rounds and in between champions league games. 2mill is a bargain for such a smart player. We are that short of depth we had to play theo upfront now with him gone I would love to see the cheque book out for another top class attacker, given this is our best chance to win the comp , diego costa would be ideal and his buy out is 30 mill which isnt to bad considering what falcoa went for and costas has a better scoring record

If you think we can get Costa from Atleti you're dreaming imo, or if you even think he'd leave...

He's on fire in a team on top of La Liga in Madrid, why would he leave?

Would take burba, smart player would work well in a smart team.
    Last edited by russjaybee; 08-01-2014 at 10:58 AM.

Berba would be great. Short term fix, yes, but a class act that would be fantastic in the side - particularly when supported by the midfield.

Best other shouts I've heard would be a loan for Morata, or Aboubakar from Lorient (dat Arsene French connection).

Remy would be my personal long-term preference if QPR don't demand 15-20mil.

Mandzukic would be great in the summer also.

Before Arsene signed Ozil I'd say none of these options will ever happen, but nowadays I don't know what/how to think with Arsene & transfers.
    OK

Lots of talk re Draxler, not exactly what we need but would definitely take him.
    Been on fire this season.

With the group of players we have it's more likely that quality smart players are actually only going to be better when they come to us as well, so much quality and creativity around them.

Man I cannot get over how good Rosicky is these days, such a shame he pretty much missed 2 seasons. He's got so much class. Creative, technically excellent but also works bloody hard for the team. Overall looks like a top bloke.

I'm really impressed with this squad and the togetherness in it at the moment, it's really nice to see. The shots of Per carrying theo around and his message after Theo got injured saying he'll be his BFG etc. It seems genuine too. You can see the passion in the games.

Quite a few key players in the squad have been with the club for a long time too, theo, rosicky, rambo, wilshere etc. All these players have gone through tribulations as well and I'm sure it's made them stronger for it and made them connect with the club more.

You have to hand it to Arsene, keeping so much faith and trust with his players, rambo and rosicky particularly with the injuries etc.

Makes me remember why I love this club

Just offer the whole £100m to Liverpool for Suarez and you'll win all the prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Just offer the whole £100m to Liverpool for Suarez and you'll win all the prizes.
    70m apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    70m apparently
    They ain't selling for £70m.

Rumoured release clause

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Rumoured release clause
    Yer, that's a tricky one huh.
    Still to be 100% told it actually exists, other than a 'handshake' deal with Rogers that he'll be playing Champions League football next year. Liverpools decent season so far has complicated matters. If they were rubbish then yeah he'd be gone this January. This is why I think a lot more than a fair price needs to be offered to have any chance of getting him. The kicker is that he can play Champions League this season isn't it? Therefore even more valuable of an asset.
    Liverpool need to gamble that they'll make top 4 this year or risk losing him for less this summer (especially if his form drops off).
    Either way for a buy of £15m to sell him for near £100m would be some good business for the Scousers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Back to the tippy top, for the moment.

Jack involved in both goals, great to see Giroud off the mark again.

Overall a little concerning to see how much we took our foot off the gas at 2-0 and really let the game slip away in the second half.

Kosc was immense for the most part.

article-0-1AA018A900000578-886_306x423.jpg

Arsenal's new signing...Anouk Hoogendijk!

Where's that vuvzela :BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR: when you need it ffs

image.jpg

Winnner
    Amigos Aarau

The people's choice - TGSTEL

Santi <3

First goal was quality.

All you have to do is look at the celebrations by the players when we score, they want it this year. If we have the depth to back it up is another thing, there is no doubting the commitment by the players to the team though.

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    Santi <3

First goal was quality.

All you have to do is look at the celebrations by the players when we score, they want it this year. If we have the depth to back it up is another thing, there is no doubting the commitment by the players to the team though.
    consistency will win it and results within the top 4 - enter capt obvious

March 15, 22, 29 will decide if the drought is over for the Arse