Page 71 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1927

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Cant beat a shit side like Man U

That aint form for winning the League

So this dark horse for the title shit can stop now

Reality is Arsenal are in the hunt for a UCL spot and it really a case of 2 from 3 between them Spuds and Stannys bunch
    3rd place is our limit this season. Unless the wheels fall off at Liverpool, which looks unlikely.

3rd place, Caraboa cup win and potentially a Europa League win would be effing amazing this year. A top 4 finish would be good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    That Torriera kid is a machine.
    oh hello let me just repost that.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Frodo, you busy stocking up on bulbies at the moment or what?

Spuds going full strength (bar Kane and keeper change for cups) in the Caraboa Cup against us. 2 things.

1. Pochettino has finally worked out that any trophy is better than no trophy.

2. If we win this, it could well trash their entire season. Which could push Poch even closer to United at the end of the year.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Amazing work from the Arsenal fans.

Spuds fans "Harry Kane... He's one of our own."

Arsenal fans reply "Harry Kane.. he's won **** all"

Spuds repeat it again

Arsenal fans "Harry Kane.. he spits when he talks.

Not a great look around the projectile hitting Alli. The person that threw it will be bragging about it but the last time they enter the stadium for a while will be to watch their team lose - if they're caught that it
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Can you stop losing to Spurs. Dont need to give the media more reason to love them

Not a great look around the projectile hitting Alli. The person that threw it will be bragging about it but the last time they enter the stadium for a while will be to watch their team lose - if they're caught that it
    Firstly, absolutely shit house from the "fan" to throw that. But it was from a hell of long way away and it looked like a water bottle. So he should be banned but gotta make sure it's not in the same conversation as the racist ones of late.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Can you stop losing to Spurs. Dont need to give the media more reason to love them
    First time they have won at the Emirates since 2010, so don't act like this is a common thing.

Just be thankful we gave you a better shot at being beaten by City in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    First time they have won at the Emirates since 2010, so don't act like this is a common thing.

Just be thankful we gave you a better shot at being beaten by City in the final.
    We know how to beat City so no problem there. Beating spurs is actually our problem haha

I didn't realise fully how well the home team does in this fixture:
    Home: LWWWDDDWWL
    Away: LDLLWLDLL
    OK

I used to enjoy watching Burnley punch above their weight in the EPL but unless they cut out the bullshit I won't miss them getting relegated. They are both the toughest team and the softest team in the league, constant dirty fouls and slaps/grabs off the ball (which is pretty common and not a huge issue) but then they dive over and cry foul whenever someone brushes up against them. So annoying to watch.

On a better note, Kolasinac is the best. Just the best!

On a better note, Kolasinac is the best. Just the best!
    Sorry, missed the last week of football.

We're gonna win the league!!!!!

We back.

This is the best way to show Arsenal's main weakness compared to other clubs.

Liverpool have sold the following players for good money.

Solanke - £19m
    Sakho - £26m
    Benteke - £27m
    Ings - £20m
    Ibe - £15m
    Joe Allen - £14m

Arsenal have lost the following players for free.

Jack Wilshire - Free.
    Santi Cazorla - Free. (Although he was badly injured so this one is a bit different)
    Lukas Fabianski - Free.
    Robert Pires - Free.
    Sol Campbell was also lost on a free.

Aaron Ramsey is about to move to Juve for free.
    Kieran Gibbs left's for £6 million.

We don't know how to sell players.

This is the best way to show Arsenal's main weakness compared to other clubs.

Liverpool have sold the following players for good money.

Solanke - £19m
    Sakho - £26m
    Benteke - £27m
    Ings - £20m
    Ibe - £15m
    Joe Allen - £14m

Arsenal have lost the following players for free.

Jack Wilshire - Free.
    Santi Cazorla - Free. (Although he was badly injured so this one is a bit different)
    Lukas Fabianski - Free.
    Robert Pires - Free.
    Sol Campbell was also lost on a free.

Aaron Ramsey is about to move to Juve for free.
    Kieran Gibbs left's for £6 million.

We don't know how to sell players.
    Funny enough I was reading the other day in the wake of the Pulisic sale, Dortmund had sold 6 high profile players over the past 18 months for a combined value of (I think) $250m.
    And they are actually getting 'better'.

We can rightly praise the players and coaches but that front office is having it's own purple patch right now.

Funny enough I was reading the other day in the wake of the Pulisic sale, Dortmund had sold 6 high profile players over the past 18 months for a combined value of (I think) $250m.
    And they are actually getting 'better'.

We can rightly praise the players and coaches but that front office is having it's own purple patch right now.

Yes, and we got the guy who scouted them all, Sven Milistant, working for us now. So hopefully this will all change soon.

Yes, and we got the guy who scouted them all, Sven Milistant, working for us now. So hopefully this will all change soon.
    Whilst obviously a smart move to get him, Dortmund 'seems' to have a whole club approach going on. Because someone behind a desk is asking/telling the coach about selling his very best players, and it all just seems to work.

How other coaches like Emery would handle this approach is about to be seen. But when you're the face of winning and losing, having someone sell your players must be a tough position to be in.

Whilst obviously a smart move to get him, Dortmund 'seems' to have a whole club approach going on. Because someone behind a desk is asking/telling the coach about selling his very best players, and it all just seems to work.

How other coaches like Emery would handle this approach is about to be seen. But when you're the face of winning and losing, having someone sell your players must be a tough position to be in.

Selling players would make Arsenal MORE competitive for the title IMO. If we could bring in funds for players before they decline and spend that on new players we could increase the number of signings we make and thus increase our chances of signing players that work. You're always going to have players who don't make the grade. At the moment we can't afford, Tottenham even more so, to have a player not work. So we either buy cheaper players or decline signing expensive players because the risk of losing money is too great.

I'm happy for us to sign 2-3 Guendozi type players each year and sell 1 or 2 of them after 3 years for a nice profit. Then we could buy 1 big name signing each year and move on someone else in the squad (Ramsey/Monreal/Mustafi) who is on the decline for a decent fee.

Money wins you titles nowadays, and we need a bit more coming in from transfers. (All of this is only if Kroenke is happy to leave the money the club makes within the club and not take anything out like the Glazers do.)