Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: General Horse Racing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post

R1 - Signposted: An absolute filth pig, loves the muck. Blaike McDougall on board claiming 3 - pile in
    away in number 1 here at 2.80, hope you filled your boots boys

R2 Dowdstown Charlie... Sorry lads but makes a good start to the day for me!

yeeeesh what a disaster in the end

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Ladbrokes oddsboost with Winx to win the Cox Plate currently @3's just put some more money on her.
    Just specked a bit on Tosen Stardom at $13 on the back of yesterday's run, will be a ripping battle if it all goes to plan

righto VJ, plagueos, skip and leftrightout - question time

can the people's champ - under the louvre - deal with the weight penalty he's copping on xtravagant?

my take on it: xtravagant is a serious horse, but there are major question marks on him in australia, and especially first up on softer ground. i believe it's hammering down in melbourne tonight and tomorrow, surely UTL is a ringer here and at $5, my play is UTL in to Black Heart Bart.

what's the good word gents?

i sniffed around Kinglike but at 5's even the lightweight mightn't be enough value.
    Wont bet UTL out of respect for VJ.

go well lads.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

they aren't seriously setting xtravagent for the Cox Plate are they?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

madness if so.

speaking of a madness, i'll be in melbourne plate weekend, are any of you trendsetters going?

I don't know what it is but I'm not sold on Xtravagant. Has so much ability to run fast times but just not reliable enough for me when it's going to be wet. UTL probably shades it for me but I am often wrong, just ask Mr Sportsbet haha

he's a super looking horse and has brained some decent fields back in NZ, but this is his first time down a straight track, same with UTL actually

durendal at 26 looking worth a cover

madness if so.

speaking of a madness, i'll be in melbourne plate weekend, are any of you trendsetters going?
    are you going?
    I've been to Cox Plate 4 times. its the best race day. everyone there for a punt, none of your fancy dress/end of season footy trips etc.
    great race day.
    Seems like I am WRONG

yeah mate, have a conference that starts on the monday so off to dig in.

shaping up to be a rip snorter imo. winx, tosen stardom, the US, lucia valentina et.al carrrn

let me know if you're off the leash. i'll be on it with my sweet angel but she picked 5 winners last derby day on the flemmo minefield so i'm happy to have her around.

will probably hit randwick next week for the george main stakes to see TS v Winx round 1 if anyone's about

Won't make it to plate weekend.

But may have talked the boss into getting a Marquee on Cup Day + jump in the private jet down keep your fingers crossed for me lads even if I have to fly down with Jetstar it would be worth it.

Last time I went to the cup cleaned up on Fiorente, one of the guys from hockey was a part owner and had the trifecta.

At least they bought Xtravagent out earlier than the day before a race what a balls up that was, apparently doesn't like the heat and if it plays up in the Mounting Yard its in for a dodgy run.

Its hard to back against VJ though, prob a little on UTL and a roughie is the play, Astro Castro is back or Genralife the cat will be as likely as anything to steal my money.

Carn UTL
    OK

Tough race for UTL given that this is a Quality Hcp (so he is poorly weighted relative to the lesser horses). Kinglike is the danger, with Santa Ana Lane and Xtravagent filling out the First Four. Kinglike gets no weight for a Group 2 winner and is flying in his trackwork - but if Dwayne tags him in the run, UTL is a superior horse even at the weights.

Those in the media knocking UTL's record down the straight six at Flemington don't realise that in the Bobbie Lewis last year he was poorly ridden by Zahra (as always - swear something fishy was going on). He got caught in behind horses when he didn't have to, and dropped the right rein in the last 100m. He recorded one of the fastest closing sectionals of the millennium.

I am nervous this week given the weight scale and Kinglike's apparent form reversal, but the Rupert Clarke awaits (will walk that in) and then on to the Manikato to take on Chautauqua. The People's Champ (aka the Nicky Carle of Racing) will be at least a dual G1 winner by the end of spring.

Yankee Rose getting absolutely crunched in, who knows something?

Yankee Rose getting absolutely crunched in, who knows something?
    Had a gallop up at the coast on the weekend, Blinkers on etc DVD reckon it switched it right on.

Glad I got in early.

Dunno if I can trust her on the back of some of those shocking trials but 6 is still decent based on her clear talent. Not sure on old mate moreira on Omei Sword based on his Strayan record but you can only ride what's put under you I guess

Dunno if I can trust her on the back of some of those shocking trials but 6 is still decent based on her clear talent. Not sure on old mate moreira on Omei Sword based on his Strayan record but you can only ride what's put under you I guess
    Yeah he is ordinary in Aus, I'm happy with 11's on Yankee and Impending.

Wide open this year aye