Page 79 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Stating the obvious, but a disappointing result this morning. After a fairly even first 20 Liverpool seemed to take the ascendency and got the first goal. A few unlucky handball calls (3 to be exact) went against them - 2 of which would have been penalties.

Second half and Liverpool never seemed to get going. Sevilla dominated and Liverpool couldn't get a foot on the ball. To win the trophy for 3 consecutive years is a phenomenal achievement.

Did anyone else think that throughout the players just seemed on a different wavelength to each other, a lot of flat footed passes, someone nicking a touch which pushed it past the player in a better position and doing the "flair" touch or getting physical (Can) instead of doing the simple thing and playing the ball?

Anyone who says that it's a good thing to not have European football is kidding themselves. This has potential to derail Klopp's recruitment drive for next year. What it may allow is Klopp to be more ruthless in the outgoing's for next season. Without the European football we won't need as big a squad so there will be plenty of movement out.
    To win the trophy for 3 years is not an achievement.

How can they not be good enough to get out of the group stage in the UCL the last two years is more baffling to understand

Also, Kolo was immense. Simply immense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    To win the trophy for 3 years is not an achievement.

How can they not be good enough to get out of the group stage in the UCL the last two years is more baffling to understand
    Why do you think isn't it an achievement?
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Also, Kolo was immense. Simply immense.
    Yeah and without being too rude it's not a great thing that Fat Kolo Toure is your best player on the park.

The fullback (Clyne?) was a great outlet in the first half but Sevilla coach patched that up at halftime and Liverpool didn't seem to have a plan b.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yeah and without being too rude it's not a great thing that Fat Kolo Toure is your best player on the park.

The fullback (Clyne?) was a great outlet in the first half but Sevilla coach patched that up at halftime and Liverpool didn't seem to have a plan b.
    I love how you pretend not to know

Yeah it was Clyne. That's a pretty fair assessment.

I love how you pretend not to know

Yeah it was Clyne. That's a pretty fair assessment.
    Nah just wasn't sure of the spelling. For some reason I didn't think there was an 'e' on the end.

And as we all know, ya gotta be careful with ya typos on the Internet.

Nah just wasn't sure of the spelling. For some reason I didn't think there was an 'e' on the end.

And as we all know, ya gotta be careful with ya typos on the Internet.
    Ure*

Coutinho went missing today. I'm a fan of the guy but he seems to be a little inconsistent tbh.

Kolo Toure was our MOTM as far as I could see and as stated above he really shouldn't be the best on park for us.

I just got asked by someone at work whether this season was a failure and it really made me sit back and reflect.

In terms of trophies, yes it was. But we had the chance to win two of them (even though we lost) against most people's predictions. We changed manager and played the first season without our talismanic skipper.

I'm disappointed how it turned out, but we got a pretty good ride along the way. So yes, a failure by the definition of it, but the bigger picture is starting to come together.

I'm disappointed how it turned out, but we got a pretty good ride along the way. So yes, a failure by the definition of it, but the bigger picture is starting to come together.
    Sounds like something that we've said about the Jets for the past 8 years.

wouldnt ya think if you can win the Eurapa x3 that you should be going deep in the CL. amazement

I am not a Liverpool fan but see alot of games as my boys are.

I don't think a season out of Europe will do them any harm apart from maybe getting one or two players. They have a couple of seasons of instability and at no time in that period have they been consistent. This is what Klopp will work on next season.

He has the time now to instill a culture and start something special - with a quality coach and larger stadium next season I can see them (like West Ham) making gains next year. I do believe there are players out there who want to play for Klopp and for that club. No Europe didn't do Lester any harm, though it will damage them severely next season.

TBH, Liverpool went much further this season than many thought - kudos.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    wouldnt ya think if you can win the Eurapa x3 that you should be going deep in the CL. amazement
    Precisely what I said before. How come they can't get out of group stage ?? Amazing really

Precisely what I said before. How come they can't get out of group stage ?? Amazing really
    prob because most of the teams Sevilla are playing aren't good enough to even make the Champions league.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    prob because most of the teams Sevilla are playing aren't good enough to even make the Champions league.

I eat cat food
    Last edited by hawk; 19-05-2016 at 09:43 PM.

The club have accepted a £15 million offer from Bournemouth for Jordan Ibe.

What are people's thoughts on this? For a player who I would still class as one with potential (not the finished article) and who has come through our academy system, I think this is a good offer.

He would be behind Lallana, Mane and arguably Markovic as well so his potential for game time would be limited.

While much like the Jets, I'm waiting to see the big picture of how the new signings fit with Klopp's plans. I must say I have been impressed with the manner in which Liverpool have been doing their business.

Unlike previous years where transfers seemed to drag on and on we have been simply getting business done. Little fuss and breaks only shortly before it's actually tied up.

I wonder if this a result of minimal influence from the famous "transfer committee".

The club have accepted a £15 million offer from Bournemouth for Jordan Ibe.

What are people's thoughts on this? For a player who I would still class as one with potential (not the finished article) and who has come through our academy system, I think this is a good offer.

He would be behind Lallana, Mane and arguably Markovic as well so his potential for game time would be limited.
    a decent offer and can be replaced unlike sewerez. he will probs put pool out of a cup this season

Reports Smith is off to Bournemouth as well. £6million (I think, or there abouts).
    Liverpool accepted he bid, down to personal terms now.
    Not bad for the kid. Liverpool let his contract lapse the other year. Then he came back and starts for Liverpool and plays some minutes. Now wanted by other Premier League clubs.

As much as I love the idea of having an Aussie playing for LFC, We are just as likely to sign a new left back and he won't get game time and rot away.
    For him, probably a good move and he should play plenty of football and hopefully improve his national Team credentials.
    (A few people don't want to see him near a socceroos team again after his Greece game on sydney).
    Best of luck to him.

Yeah looked like even Ange was jumping on the Smurf/Fuxspurts bandwagon of Alex Gersbach being the greatest young fullback this millenium.