Page 14 of 79 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: The endless (and probably pointless) GK debate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Bk was the scapegoat for many many lazy armchair "Monday experts" who think playing in goals with the kids in the back yard makes them a goalkeeping expert, some of the abuse he copped a few years back was atrocious... And a hangover of that continues.
    A few years back, every single time the ball went near BK, whether from our own team or the opposition, I got nervous we'd concede a goal. BK's few appearances last year were the first ever I didn't feel that nervousness.

OK so can we settle the debate by saying the best in-form player should play?

Biraz training and travelling with the WC squad to Brazil, training and playing with the Allstars against Juve, basically all while BK was in off-season, sounds pretty form-like to me.
    OK

http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/arti...x13rxknl0jonau

BK looked pretty average for Juves goal - I hope he isn't too phased by it.

Biraz looked to make some great saves in the second half.
    Last edited by pv4; 14-08-2014 at 07:23 AM.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Both in form, birraz > BK.

If both not in form, birraz > BK.

BK in form >>> birraz out of form.

Birraz in form >>>>> bk out of form.

Bk was the scapegoat for many many lazy armchair "Monday experts" who think playing in goals with the kids in the back yard makes them a goalkeeping expert, some of the abuse he copped a few years back was atrocious... And a hangover of that continues.

The gap between the two is not massive.

Starting spot v CCM round one should go to whoever is in form, AND in that "form" calculation must be how we'll they work with, and as a part of, the whole defensive unit.
    100% agree

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/arti...x13rxknl0jonau

BK looked pretty average for Juves goal - I hope he isn't too phased by it.

Biraz looked to make some great saves in the second half.
    Oh congrats. That is some MFKS level trolling right there pv4.
    Well in.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Oh congrats. That is some MFKS level trolling right there pv4.
    Well in.
    No trolling intended.

Although it does raise the question - who is the in form keeper at the moment?
    OK

No trolling intended.

Although it does raise the question - who is the in form keeper at the moment?
    I think of bigger concern was the way the Juve bloke walked past your boy Madaschi (sry 4 splng) before laying any blame at BK getting beat one on one.
    Also the 2 Biraz 'saves' on the video were smashed straight at him.

I haven't seen anywhere near enough of either of them to know who is in form but yeah like erryone else on here I just want the best prepared bloke come week 1 to be standing between the sticks.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Biraz just got called up to the national team, and was second-choice keeper in the HAL allstars behind another Socceroo. Anyone who thinks BK deserves the number 1 position ahead of him I have no hope for, honestly.
    You're deluded if you honestly think this.

I couldn't stand BK in goals for us 2 years ago. We had the worst keeper in the league who IMO was only starting because of no competition and being a local. Birraz is without a doubt, by far and away, the better keeper.

Even when Birraz was in his slump towards the end of the season I still backed him as number 1. But he lost me when the gypos snuck a goal past him whilst he wasn't watching the game. Birraz can train with Socceroos, play against Juve, wipe Buffon's arse for all I care, but until he can bring his best game to the Jets he deserves to warm the pine.

Because the facts are BK at his best > Birraz when he is thinking of Germany.

Banned
    That's just more proof Birraz should be picked.

Seeing as neither of our keepers like to dive the bloke who gets the ball kicked at him as opposed to away from him should get the gig.

I do hope that Birrashitti has learnt from his trip into fairyland at the end of last season and comes back a better keeper mentally.

No doubt it all got to his head and each game was about him, not the Jets.

Jury out.

training and playing with the Allstars against Juve,
    Manny Muscat was in the squad.

Birraz must start. Much better keeper and looks to be in good form.

I think of bigger concern was the way the Juve bloke walked past your boy Madaschi (sry 4 splng) before laying any blame at BK getting beat one on one.

I haven't seen anywhere near enough of either of them to know who is in form but yeah like erryone else on here I just want the best prepared bloke come week 1 to be standing between the sticks.
    Yes agree with this. Got done like a dinner aye.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeen View Post
    Yes agree with this. Got done like a dinner aye.
    Yeah but you won't see much decent knowledge about centre backs on here, with pv4 being 'Team Lucas' and the good Member having a life size Alex Wilkinson head tattooed on his back.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Yeah but you won't see much decent knowledge about centre backs on here, with pv4 being 'Team Lucas' and the good Member having a life size Alex Wilkinson head tattooed on his back.
    Nice Work

Banned
    MARK Birighitti appears to have an opening-round berth securely in his grasp after Newcastle’s 0-0 draw with Central Coast in their pre-season trial match at Mudgee on Saturday.

Birighitti was the Jets’ first-choice goalkeeper for 23 games last season but was dropped for the final four games of that campaign, replaced by Ben Kennedy.

The arrival of new coach Phil Stubbins means the custodian position is up for grabs, but Kennedy’s prospects were not helped when he was unavailable for the trip to Mudgee because of illness.

Stubbins said he felt he had ‘‘two great goalkeepers’’ at his disposal but hinted that Birighitti had edged ahead in selection reckoning for the season-opener against the Mariners in Gosford on October 11.

‘‘He had a very strong game, Mark Birighitti,’’ Stubbins said yesterday.

‘‘He was one of our best performers on the day.

‘‘He’s played the last two games, Mark, but obviously Ben’s a terrific keeper as well.

‘‘But in terms of momentum in terms of the start of the season ... it’s untimely for Ben that he was sick and Mark’s played a strong game.

‘‘To be chopping and changing this close to the start of the campaign is something we would have to debate.’’

Saturday’s result was notable because Newcastle kept a clean sheet for the first time since Stubbins took charge, after losses to Perth, Brisbane and Sydney and last week’s 2-1 win against Wellington.

Stubbins rested skipper Kew Jaliens on Saturday and a new-look back four of Sam Gallaway, Sam Gallagher, Allan Welsh and Scott Neville contained the Mariners.

Newcastle started with a midfield comprising Jeronimo on the right and David Carney on the left, with Taylor Regan and Jacob Pepper anchoring the middle. Ecuadorean international Edson Montano started up front, with Joel Griffiths behind him in support, and they were replaced by Jeronimo and Marcos Flores in the second half.

Stubbins said Newcastle’s pre-season campaign had been challenging because injuries meant his team had ‘‘a different chemistry’’ in each trial game, but keeping the Mariners scoreless was an encouraging sign.

‘‘Central Coast were probably the dominant team in the first half but we made some observations at half-time and, to their credit, our players put that into practice in the second half,’’ Stubbins said.

‘‘The first 30 minutes of the second half I thought we dominated, and to keep a clean sheet was great for us.’’

Newcastle’s last official pre-season hit-out will be against the Young Socceroos at Gosford this weekend, although Stubbins will also hold intra-club practice matches to prepare for the first round.
    BK Loving fanboys on suicide watch

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    No mention of who won in the beep test

I just hope he cares enough to be phased about his performance in a derby,

Thought Biraz was good against the Mariners youth on Saturday. Made a couple of good saves. Although a few did seem routine that he turned into diving speccys, but anyway.

Distrubited from the ground really well at times too.
    OK

So by applauding Biraz and his clean sheet you are also saying the Galloway, Gallagher and some bloke called Al must be picked for round 1 as well.
    You are also saying they should sack the strikers because we didn't score any goals.

In summary:
    MFKS and pv4 are pro-Galloway and anti-Griff.

You pair of Gypos are a disgrace.

Stubbins out.

I just hope ccm play the same bunch of kids and trialists