Page 17 of 79 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: The endless (and probably pointless) GK debate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Newy View Post
    If that was Bk.. the whole forum would be up in arms.... at least he cares.
    Biraz isn't phased because he is better than our tinpot club, destined for greatness and let down by the shambolic play of 7 or so people in front of him.

BK cares because he knows that being a second choice keeper at the shittest club in the league is his greatest ever achievement and it really hurts when he sometimes gets dropped to youth to watch goals get pinged in from 40m without moving a muscle.

biraz needs more fisting

At least we arent agruing about the natural talents of Craig Carter

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    biraz needs more fisting

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Newy View Post
    I counted 3 blunders???
    Surely claims against the coast in the 94th min in 6 yard box... At least punch away...

2 -- gets a good hand to villas shot at the near post but hand is simply not strong enough.

3.. Lack of communication when again he should of claimed or punched away against the nix
    The one against the Nix Sure as shit has us at 1

The effort V heart to blame him is poor form.

When the ball richocheted off Roundabout only two blokes on the park reacted. One was Villa who smashed a low first time shot with some power. The second was Birraz who actually done ever so well to get down and get something on it. To blame him for it still going in is a ridiculous call. The time he had to react was minute and he done what he could. It went in. Credit goes to the world class finish of Villa. Be the equivalent to blaming some bloke fielding in slips for dropping a low diving effort with one hand that comes at pace> Sometimes they stick sometimes they don't.

As for Gypos you are clutching at straws. Ohh the ball ended up where he started is irrelevant. The bloke made the decision not to come very early and headed back to his line. Where the ball ended up after that is irrelevant. It is then up to his defenders in front to clear. The defenders failed to man up and do their job.

If you want to split hairs that way we then blame Kew Jaliens for Nix's 3rd goal. His decision to leave his man to close down Burns gave us no chance of not conceding when he didn't get close enough to Burns to prevent the pass to McGlinchey who had a 6 yard tap in. Sticking with his man the odds were higher they don't score as Burns still has to beat the keeper keep it between the posts and under the crossbar which ain't his strong point!!! but Kew took the keeper out of play with his decision.

Rather Harsh to blame Kew cause if he let Burns run in on goals and shoot the lynch mob would be after him as well.

The bashing that this bloke is copping is ****ing ridiculous. Sure he has work to do on his ability at crosses. The bloke is 23 years old and has a long ****ing career ahead to get there.

I suppose next time one tucks one in just inside the post he will be crucified for not leaning against the post whilst rolling a cigarette and playing the banjo and being in the centre of his goal and not getting there

Get the **** off his case

I swear the Herald are reading these comments and posting articles on the main theme discussed each day.

Tuesday we're talking about the team showing some balls - Wednesday Baartz calls to arms.

Wednesday we're talking about Birraz - today, Stubbins comes out telling the fans to get off his back.

Today, let's talk about the fact Flores hasn't contributed to any goals yet. Lets see how we go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    At least we arent agruing about the natural talents of Craig Carter
    now theres a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The one against the Nix Sure as shit has us at 1

When the ball richocheted off Roundabout only two blokes on the park reacted. One was Villa who smashed a low first time shot with some power. The second was Birraz who actually done ever so well to get down and get something on it. To blame him for it still going in is a ridiculous call. The time he had to react was minute and he done what he could. It went in. Credit goes to the world class finish of Villa. Be the equivalent to blaming some bloke fielding in slips for dropping a low diving effort with one hand that comes at pace> Sometimes they stick sometimes they don't.

As for Gypos you are clutching at straws. Ohh the ball ended up where he started is irrelevant. The bloke made the decision not to come very early and headed back to his line. Where the ball ended up after that is irrelevant. It is then up to his defenders in front to clear. The defenders failed to man up and do their job.

If you want to split hairs that way we then blame Kew Jaliens for Nix's 3rd goal. His decision to leave his man to close down Burns gave us no chance of not conceding when he didn't get close enough to Burns to prevent the pass to McGlinchey who had a 6 yard tap in. Sticking with his man the odds were higher they don't score as Burns still has to beat the keeper keep it between the posts and under the crossbar which ain't his strong point!!! but Kew took the keeper out of play with his decision.

Rather Harsh to blame Kew cause if he let Burns run in on goals and shoot the lynch mob would be after him as well.

The bashing that this bloke is copping is ****ing ridiculous. Sure he has work to do on his ability at crosses. The bloke is 23 years old and has a long ****ing career ahead to get there.

I suppose next time one tucks one in just inside the post he will be crucified for not leaning against the post whilst rolling a cigarette and playing the banjo and being in the centre of his goal and not getting there

if I wanted to blame anyone else id be in there thread.. Thought this thread was about Birraz???

My opinion is.. all 3 should and could of been prevented from the goalkeeper...

Communication and commanding his area eliminates 1 and 3...
    as for number 2.. agree.. he does get there.. but once his there.. he has to be good enough to be strong enough to save it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I swear the Herald are reading these comments and posting articles on the main theme discussed each day.

Tuesday we're talking about the team showing some balls - Wednesday Baartz calls to arms.

Wednesday we're talking about Birraz - today, Stubbins comes out telling the fans to get off his back.

Today, let's talk about the fact Flores hasn't contributed to any goals yet. Lets see how we go.
    Blame Couscous. Got to be him

Can't wait til the Caravan plays another slow crap pass to no one and the Member is all like "well, at least he tried."

Do, or do not.
    There is no try.

That's some Yoda shit right there for you pal.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Can't wait til the Caravan plays another slow crap pass to no one and the Member is all like "well, at least he tried."

Do, or do not.
    There is no try.

Not to mention Gallaway, seems in the members eyes birraz can do no wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

Do, or do not.
    There is no try.

Seriously Plague???

Your standards are slipping. I may have to rethink my comment on you being ahead of FR as the best poster on the Foz now

This was my opinion on Roundabout on Tuesday

Caravella is shit

Always was and always will be not good enough for us.

If we were that desperate for a central mid then should have hit up Jobe to come back.

Least the bloke is Newy
    Just don't buy the shit that it is the keepers fault everytime the opposition scores. Half the shit people are coming up with to slam Birraz is alleged evidence of failing with the advent of hindsight and video replays and slow motion etc

Last weekend for the first 92 mins he done a pretty fine ****ing job.

His only crimes were to misplace a 50 yard pass by over hitting it a few yards which got a mention in the foz forum commentary as the game unfolded.
    RATHER HARSH when the blokes in front can't hit a 5 yard pass to a teammate most of the time

The other was to punch a ball he could have caught. Considering he punched the thing 40 yards from goal to the sideline allowing his defence to reorganise then there is really **** all concern yet still he cops criticism.

****s up in the 93rd minute to concede a goal that mattered little to the result and he cops a hammering. The rest of the blokes in front of him that displayed constant ineptness for the first 92 mins that cost us the game are spared from the blame but it is all Birraz's ****ing fault FMD

Just don't buy the shit that it is the keepers fault everytime the opposition scores. Half the shit people are coming up with to slam Birraz is alleged evidence of failing with the advent of hindsight and video replays and slow motion etc

Last weekend for the first 92 mins he done a pretty fine ****ing job.

His only crimes were to misplace a 50 yard pass by over hitting it a few yards which got a mention in the foz forum commentary as the game unfolded.
    RATHER HARSH when the blokes in front can't hit a 5 yard pass to a teammate most of the time

The other was to punch a ball he could have caught. Considering he punched the thing 40 yards from goal to the sideline allowing his defence to reorganise then there is really **** all concern yet still he cops criticism.

****s up in the 93rd minute to concede a goal that mattered little to the result and he cops a hammering. The rest of the blokes in front of him that displayed constant ineptness for the first 92 mins that cost us the game are spared from the blame but it is all Birraz's ****ing fault FMD

Member, this is exactly why I'm your favourite poster.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

As "simple" a ball that it looked to catch, also need to take in to consideration the conditions on the day.. It had been raining and was windy as fvck.. Keepers are taught to play it safe, so as baffled as I was with it at the time, I think the big punch was the safest option for him..
    As you said MFAW, for the first 92 minutes, he wasnt bad..

Why are we satisfied with players not being bad? It's not good either.
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Being "not bad", compared to 90% of our other players on the field who were "steaming piles of dogshit" could be considered a good thing?

Maybe if we make that first step to our players not being bad, we can scrape into the top 6 and get knocked out the first week of finals. Then when we hit our stride and start being good, we can aim to make top 4!

Nah. Birraz was lucky he had his giggling groupies at the shops with him the other day. Just seeing his smug face shopping at 12pm instead of being on the paddock fixing his **** ups made my blood boil.

****ing shape up or ship out.
    Go jetties

****ing shape up or ship out.
    Great, squad of 3 under the Blackmack regime.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great, squad of 3 under the Blackmack regime.
    Yeh Ok, Where else in the world would players be able to play with such disregard for the team they play for?

I don't mind the losing it's the not giving a shit that gets me. Birraz is one of those that don't give a flying ****.
    Go jetties