Page 31 of 79 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: The endless (and probably pointless) GK debate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Post reported to Clementine Ford.

#stopexploitingmeimtryingtoexploitmyself
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I agree, we need to point the finger less at the below-standard players and instead blame the people who sign them.
    OR...
    The other way to look at it is, if some of those figures are correct, based on performance, do some of our players need a reality check??

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    or

maybe you could lighten up a little?
    No, look at what you are saying..."Every club needs a whipping boy for the fans to get stuck into when things aren't going well"...that is a form of bullying at it's worst. Target a player and make them a scapegoat when the team is not performing....really plague what do you hope to achieve with that???
    Do you feel satisfied yelling abuse at a player....your own player.... you don't like with your big tough mates?
    Must feel great walking out of the stadium at the end of the game kowing you have "given it" to your own player.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    No, look at what you are saying..."Every club needs a whipping boy for the fans to get stuck into when things aren't going well"...that is a form of bullying at it's worst. Target a player and make them a scapegoat when the team is not performing....really plague what do you hope to achieve with that???
    Do you feel satisfied yelling abuse at a player....your own player.... you don't like with your big tough mates?
    Must feel great walking out of the stadium at the end of the game kowing you have "given it" to your own player.
    Except, yanno, I didn't say that.

Be better.

Cheers,
    Plague.

Except, yanno, I didn't say that.

Be better.

Cheers,
    Plague.
    I vote plague for forum whipping boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I vote plague for forum whipping boy.

I don't think you're ready for this jelly.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

I don't think you're ready for this jelly.
    I just had yoghurt. Don't think it would go well with jelly.

You may be right but hey, even BK saved a shot at goal once and before he left, I think Gallaway made a tackle.

Don't know how old you are or if you have a son but how would you feel if your son was playing for his hometown and his own supporters treated him like a "whipping boy"???
    I know this was aimed at another story but...

Pretty sure he isnt at our club. and he isnt the only one who isnt up to aleague standard. cant hide the facts. I dont think this is a whipping.

Birraz isnt fazed
    Last edited by hawk; 23-06-2015 at 12:29 AM.

Pretty sure it was me not Plague that made those comments. Since day one of the Jets it has always been the case that some vocal fans have actually targeted a player they didn't think was good enough. Mind you the people targeting the players have never played professional sport in their lives and live in a football fantasy world.. and so on.

Elrich used to get an absolute pasting by these people [ many of whom are regulars at games and on the forums because according to them he wasn't even good enough to play state league.

Denni was another player that lot targeted and many others.

The best part though is when the player comes good in their eyes and they think their abuse was responsible for making the player try harder... hence they take credit for the player improving - delusions of grandeur and so on come to mind.

My comments were directed at those, people not Hoffman. It's called taking the piss. The fact you missed the joke is a worry though.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 23-06-2015 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    My comments were directed at those, people not Hoffman. It's called taking the piss. The fact you missed the joke is a worry though.
    outrage runs only at full speed, with its eyes closed and its mouth wide open.

We shall overcome.

outrage runs only at full speed, with its eyes closed and its mouth wide open.

We shall overcome.

Yeah, so back to Birraz. Bloke is lucky he gets to prove himself to yet another coach. Am I wrong in thinking both times he's been dropped he's straight away started to look to an overseas move instead of fighting to retain his spot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Yeah, so back to Birraz. Bloke is lucky he gets to prove himself to yet another coach. Am I wrong in thinking both times he's been dropped he's straight away started to look to an overseas move instead of fighting to retain his spot?

No you are not wrong. His lack of interest body language every time he has been dropped had me not caring one way or another at his return.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Disagree. He saw stubz was a mug and wanted to bail. Should be praised for his genius. Saved our arse time and time again had a rough patch and the knives are out from the plebs

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I don't reackon.
    Everyone reacts differently to criticism. Unless people know first hand from training etc he may have been busting his ass but couldn't get back in.
    All horseshit aside he was not in good form when he got dropped then BK was solid enough in those early days to prevent him coming back.

But also Stubbs being a complete nonce probably screwed his confidence anyway.

I'm more than happy for Biraz to be back and fighting for his place. If it raises the standard of all our keepers then that can only be a good thing.

JP De Marigny "discovered" BK in 2005.....nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    JP De Marigny "discovered" BK in 2005.....nuff said.
    Right then, found my next whipping boy.

JP OUT!
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I don't reackon.
    Everyone reacts differently to criticism. Unless people know first hand from training etc he may have been busting his ass but couldn't get back in.
    All horseshit aside he was not in good form when he got dropped then BK was solid enough in those early days to prevent him coming back.

But also Stubbs being a complete nonce probably screwed his confidence anyway.

I'm more than happy for Biraz to be back and fighting for his place. If it raises the standard of all our keepers then that can only be a good thing.
    This.

I am very interested if BK will raise his efforts in training etc to actually attempt to regain number 1 or if he'll just go through the motions until Biraz drops himself again.

Because speaking to people involved - BK did sfa for his own cause, to the point where no one thought he even cared or even acted professional, and it all kind of just fell in his lap last year.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I am very interested if BK will raise his efforts in training etc to actually attempt to regain number 1 or if he'll just go through the motions until Biraz drops himself again.

Because speaking to people involved - BK did sfa for his own cause, to the point where no one thought he even cared or even acted professional, and it all kind of just fell in his lap last year.
    Not easy to act professional when khunts aren't paying your wages on time.
    You also have to remember he's had a lot on his mind with respect to his mother.
    Professional or not it would have to get you down at times regardless.

Talking about being professional. What could be more unprofessional than so called "people involved" questioning BK's professionalism with someone not within the playing or coaching group. That's just more evidence of how ****ed this club really is.

Everyone cries out for more professionalism but it's wall to wall 12 year old girls whining about who the best boy band are for this week.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 23-06-2015 at 11:19 PM.