Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NBA Basketball Thread aka tall man palsy

It started during warm up when some of the Philippine players were using our half of the court to warm-up, as well as their own and we told them to f^&k right off. I think Kickert (Name could be wrong) had a few words with one of them and a bit of argy bargy occured. Philippine Coach was angry at this and told his players to rough us up all game.

A little while later...

Bad foul by them.
    Absolute Cheap shot by Kickert on their player.
    Biff ensues.
    Aussies disgraced themselves will flying kicks and hand bags.
    Philippines players were also pansies in the fight.
    Officials and Coaches from Philippines getting involved was disgusting, also they were the only ones who could actually throw/land punches. (should face harsh sanctions for getting involved with players.)

It was a good thing that our coach managed to hold our players on the bench and they didn't get involved, now we can act like the injured party in this and not the instigator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Go back and watch it, those Filipios weren't scared of anyone.........right up until Luc Longley starts walking through.

Ain't no one dared get in his way. Bloke is a giant in a world of big dudes.

Also: I know its 'the rules' but the shot from behind showing all the Aussies staying in their bench whilst it was 50 v 5 was a bit interesting.

As was the fact that no one went to help the dude on the ground getting pummeled. In fact, it wasnt til Longley got to him that it stopped.

Finally a basketball game worth watching. Both teams should be congratulated for making the worlds most boring sport a little bit interesting.

Anyone likened it to "sockah" violence yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Anyone likened it to "sockah" violence yet?
    well kinda.

they still blamed the folk with the different looking faces and names.

it certainly wasnt the white peoples fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Anyone else actually follow the NBA?

Interesting to see GSW getting poleaxed after losing Durant, Iguodala, Cousins, etc

Add to that Thompson and Curry's long injuries and they will most likely be one of the worst team this year.

With some of the player movements that happened this off season there are several teams with 2 superstars in their team, would be interesting to see Brooklyn with Durant back but the pick of the bunch so far are the Lakers, Bucks & the Clippers with teams like the Nuggets, Celtic, Heat, Rockets, Mavericks all very close behind.

I'm tipping a Clippers v Celtic finals this season with Giannis getting back to back Season MVP's & Kawhli being finals MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Anyone else actually follow the NBA?

Interesting to see GSW getting poleaxed after losing Durant, Iguodala, Cousins, etc

Add to that Thompson and Curry's long injuries and they will most likely be one of the worst team this year.

With some of the player movements that happened this off season there are several teams with 2 superstars in their team, would be interesting to see Brooklyn with Durant back but the pick of the bunch so far are the Lakers, Bucks & the Clippers with teams like the Nuggets, Celtic, Heat, Rockets, Mavericks all very close behind.

I'm tipping a Clippers v Celtic finals this season with Giannis getting back to back Season MVP's & Kawhli being finals MVP.
    I keep up with it. I mostly just follow my team which I feel ashamed to admit who they are we had a killer start to the season but have dipped so hard now. But I keep up with the general league scores and player stats within reason.

The big noise is Dončić for MVP, he is having an unreal season.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I keep up with it. I mostly just follow my team which I feel ashamed to admit who they are we had a killer start to the season but have dipped so hard now. But I keep up with the general league scores and player stats within reason.

The big noise is Dončić for MVP, he is having an unreal season.
    He's a walking triple double. If he can get more consistent with his shooting he'll mount a real challenge for MVP. He and Porzingas are a great double team.