Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans rep committee (discussion allowed) thread.

Reading the minutes after the match, I understand what was happening with the pre-game stuff now. Thought today was a big improvement and seems to match what was discussed in the meeting. Good signs.

One query: why is there no action recorded against"increasing communication..." when the discussion seems to indicate several actions?

Second query: the agenda seems very squadron driven (not having a go). Did the non-squadron/forum members contribute to a great extent? Aware this will probably change over time as they may not have access to a pool of thoughts such as on here.

Ignore the second query, should have read gaz's last post more clearly

Banned
    • Working with schools and teachers and getting players into schools more to get the younger generation interested in football and starting to attend games from an early age

• Having players (non-playing) out the front of the stadium interacting with Members upon entry

• Having more fun and interactive things outside the stadium before the game

• Having junior mascots/Members announcing the player names

• Letting Squadron lead chanting while the team walks out

• Have big poster of the players around the stadium

• Have a team poster put up in the stadium

• Making people aware of where the green and brown colours come from - 35th Battalion- these are our town and council colours, chosen after World War 1

• Having a little bit of history shown on the big screen

• Having the short version of NTUA played, have it played as players are doing the hand shake and not have the ground announcer during the song, all Members to be up and standing with their scarfs during NTUA. Allow the crowd to make noise in lead up and during the walk out – no music to be played.
    Mr Fish all of them are in my opinion great ideas. Some have obviously been raised on the foz but others are new. Who do I need to congratulate?? Not all of them are necessarily from my perspective relevant for me but good for the kids and building gen next.

Disagree with the one about getting out on the pitch. Can see why some would want it but we just got the thing fixed FFS

Disagree with the NYL W League idea also. The games are free to members anyway now. Those who go put money into local clubs coffers at the canteen and also watching back to back games although fun in Summertime sitting around at 2pm in the heat watching the W League/ NYL and then hanging around to 7pm watching the HAL in the heat. Thanks but no thanks

Might be a better idea to get the club to put them on at better times weatherwise and actually promote them better to the Members than they currently do

Just an idea: when RBB comes into town can we put them up in the upper eastern grand stand. Anyone wearing WSW merchandising on the day directed upstairs in eastern upper grand stand. And keep them there for at least 20 minutes after full time.
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Success is not a value, it is an outcome. Youth Development is not a value, it is a process. Community is not a value either, it is human interaction. Their stated values sound muddled.

It seems that missing from their set of vales, compared to the ones I proposed ie. Humility, Effort, Ambition, Respect and Teamwork are Humility, and Teamwork (assuming they mean Ambition when they say Success). Kind of speaks volumes that they would leave those two out, as they are the two main problems I see with the club, along with a clear lack of Ambition.
    Last edited by hausmann; 06-12-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Ok, as stated elsewhere my views on 'mission statements' and 'core values' are well known so I won't go over them again.

HOWEVER:
    It was great to see the 'action required' from our fearless marketing gurus is that the values are posted on the Jets website.

Or did I miss the part about anyone in the entire ****ing organisation actually implementing and honouring them.
    Other than that kudos to you lot for giving a shit.
    **** this club, they don't deserve you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

an online fan forum with stubbins can't come soon enough.

I want him to explain his decisions and what he brings to the club

Banned
    Issue for your next meeting.

The dickhead with the microphone pre game is getting worse. Last nights effort was despite being the same shit much longer and much louder from him.
    Complete and utter crap from the club to expect 10k of hardy souls to listen to this shit. It is ruining my match day experience and I am sure many others. I just cringe and try and block it out until he shuts up and ****s off

Can you get the club to get something done on this front before I start asking people for a whip around to hire a sniper.

It was raised last meeting. More than happy to raise it again.

Can you email to them too, the more they see the issue as pissing off the fans the more likely it is to change.

It's been big problem for a long time.
    My five year doesn't want to go to games because the pa hurts her ears.

It was a different dude last night. Maybe he didn't get the memo.

That countdown rubbish before kickoff is 20/20 Big Bash farcical $hite

At least they are playing NTUA after the coin toss, handshaking etc. and post game with the 3 points was great too

The stadium on the squadron side singing NTUA after the final whistle was pretty epic.
    Go jetties

The countdown to kickoff is a Friday night a-league thing, not a club thing.

Apparently the FFA and fox seem to think a countdown to the first game of the weekend is a good idea.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    The countdown to kickoff is a Friday night a-league thing, not a club thing.

Apparently the FFA and fox seem to think a countdown to the first game of the weekend is a good idea.
    Am Aware of the countdown thing and can cope with that.

It was the 10-15 mins of shit coming from him before that that bothers me

Member, was there any "clear air" at all last night?

We'd asked them for at least a few minutes of peace and quiet

Banned

Only for him to pause to breathe.

In all seriousness the shit in the past that got this issue raised was nothing compared to last nights performance. It was the longest/most intense effort yet at what they are doing with this activity.

Being a cynical bastard I may not be far off the mark in saying it was done on purpose along the lines of we have had some complaints **** it we will go for twice as long and be twice as loud and twice as annoying as punishment for moaning.

Either that has occurred or the message raised at the last meeting has not been addressed from the clubs perspective and the issue has got worse by someone not being told to back off on it at the minimum

Might have had more to do with the 10 year anniversary deal. Guess we'll know after the next home match just before NYE

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    The stadium on the squadron side singing NTUA after the final whistle was pretty epic.
    Came across on the TV as well when I was watching the replay.

There was a plan to quiet it down at the previous home game, but when security evicted a bunch of the supporters in Bay 60 for having GA tickets there didn't seem to be much point unfortunately.
    And I hadn't raised it further prior to this game as they had their own 10yr anniversary stuff already planned, and tbh I was flat out with work anyway.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I sat down in B35 and there were quite a few willing to join in some chants including ntua. Get a cell member in each bay

There was about 90 minutes of it last night, but none before kick off. I had to shout to talk to the person next to me. Was ridiculously loud, louder than its been for a long time.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out