Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans rep committee (discussion allowed) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    GAzFish as the club seems to want to deal with some trivial matters with this.

Can we get the thickness of our cards sorted
    Can we also get the oversized magnet reinstalled.

I think this would be a big win for supporters if these wrongs were righted
    Q clearly demonstrated the card had in actual fact stayed the same thickness, perhaps it was a density issue..... They were however thicker than the WSW foundation and second year card. So I think that's a win. They did invent the cards after all.

I agree whole heartedly with the fridge magnet. I actually glued the cardboard on to the old full sheet magnet as someone on here suggested.

Maybe some think the merchandise and membership packs are trivial, others might feel they are very important.

Haus has hit the nail on the head, and your point further demonstrates the need for the agenda to be equally driven by the fans not just the club.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 05-09-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Robbie Middleby living by the old middle management creed "if you never make a decision you can never make a wrong decision".
    Is he John Tate in disguise?
    One day we'll get someone there who doesn't treat it like a job.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Dreaming if you think we will ever get a CEO who understands what it's like to be a fan. Business types are too detached from reality, and so are ex-players.

Middleby has always backed the fans and facilitated the meeting with the FFA.

Also bought griffo back.
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Dreaming if you think we will ever get a CEO who understands what it's like to be a fan. Business types are too detached from reality, and so are ex-players.

Also bought griffo back.
    Don't want him being a fan. I want him to be a boss.
    He seems to be trying to please everyone.
    No one ever got anything done working like that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post

Also bought griffo back.
    I will also balance that out by saying the bloke walked out on playing for Newy when as a local and the captain of the club to sign for the Smurfs for a few extra coin.

Bloke has lots to repay for that

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post

Facilitating school gala days - in high school rugby league has a large presence, football needs the same.... A Jets Cup based on gala days not knockouts..... For yr3/4/5/6/7/8. Much of this happens for other sports because other sports get into schools better than football can afford to do.... But more can be done.
    This.
    Schools are the biggest particpant base that are waiting to be organised. Youd be suprised how much football isnt played in schools today.
    Weekly PSSA football has dropped alarmingly due to the push for performing Arts and the huge female contingent now in primary schools that
    are not quite as passionate or more likely just havent the time to do this.

Bit off the supporter base but growing the game, Maybe get the Jets on board to help lower rego fees u/6 to u/10 within the 3 local feds.

If taken seriously, could be the great and long overdue catalyst for change in the region.
    If it isn't, it's just another kick in the teeth imo.

Fully agree with the schools thing.
    I remember going home begging parents to play AFL, because some guys in Sydney Swans polos came to my primary school and put on a fun "sport time" instead of T-Ball.
    I also had David Lowe and someone Finch?? maybe... come to my high school on sport day every week and put on a soccer rotation. Year 7 did rotations based on House.
    And from my point of view, these are my two most memorable school sports program memories.

A quick google and i found this (http://www.charlestoe-p.schools.nsw....reward-program)

The Newcastle Jets' new Primary Schools Reward Program is the latest way to encourage your child's friends and teachers to get behind the Newcastle Jets in 2013/14.

The program is designed to help the Jets grow their Membership base and support amongst local families while giving the region's Primary Schools the opportunity to earn a number of exclusive Newcastle Jets rewards.

The more Members each school community signs-up, the bigger the reward!

The winning school will receive an exclusive Gala Day run by the Newcastle Jets which includes a coaching clinic for the entire school, photo and autograph opportunities, competitions including penalty shootouts, who can juggle the longest and other competitions for students to win individual prizes.

The day will also include a BBQ with all family welcome to attend the day.

Every school that participates in the program will have the chance to receive some fantastic prizes. Examples of these include:
    -Certificates
    -Match-day tickets
    -Signed footballs
    -Signed Jerseys
    -Player appearances at schools

BACKGROUND AND AIMS OF THE PROGRAM

Schools, children and families are the heart of our community and a key part of our engagement strategy.

We want to give school children the opportunity to experience football at the highest level from a young age and to encourage them to lead an active and healthy lifestyle.

By empowering schools and allowing them to benefit from promoting Jets Memberships to their school communities, we can provide exclusive educational, merchandise and activity based rewards, plus offer schools priority status within our community engagement strategy.

The overall goals of the program are to:

Increase engagement with schools;
    Deliver exclusive, educational benefits to participating schools' students; and,
    Encourage more families to become Members of the Newcastle Jets.

This could be tailored to primary schools, or younger high schoolers, not just winners of some competition.
    Take a few youth team players to a primary school, just before rego, give them a taste for it, make them fun, give them a generic letter to join a club.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 08-09-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post

A quick google and i found this (http://www.charlestoe-p.schools.nsw....reward-program)

This could be tailored to primary schools, or younger high schoolers, not just winners of some competition.
    Take a few youth team players to a primary school, just before rego, give them a taste for it, make them fun, give them a generic letter to join a club.

See this is a big problem. Again, it's the "hey, you guys do something for us THEN we'll do something for you".
    Should be the other way around. Get out to the schools etc then make the kids WANT to be fans.
    Spend money to make money etc etc etc.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Wanderers a have a school ambassador network of over 200 schools - a mailing list of teachers they can send info/promotional stuff to for distribution to the kids, instead of just emailing the school and it not getting passed on to a staff member who as a football fan will action things.

Each ambassador school is invited to play in zone based gala days run by the club, all schools need to do is turn up. Winners of each gala day progress to another gala day, winners if that progress to play a curtain raiser final. Comp runs for mixed teams in yr5/6 and a boys and a girls comp for 7/8.

It came from my school getting pumped 22-0 in bill turner cup, now they get to play a seeded gala day where they get to enjoy themselves a bit more.

Wsw offer clinics and school visits to ambassador network schools, schools simply nominate to receive a visit. Club works to ensure a stratigic and fair spread of suck visits across their network.

No competitions or membership drives to "earn" or "win" a visit, being on the ambassador list is all schools need to do. It's been a huge success.

In the September before wsw had played a game they sent three coaches and two youth players to a community event we ran at school, the afl forgot to turn up, and the panthers sent two blokes who turned up late and looking hungover. At tgat stage no one really new who wsw were, but five staff bought season tickets on the day, and about 400 kids got two youth team players to sign their foreheads and on "rugby league" school in rugby league heartland got converted to a "football school" .....

And wsw expect nothing from the schools except a chance for them to come in.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 09-09-2014 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Wanderers a have a school ambassador network of over 200 schools - a mailing list of teachers they can send info/promotional stuff to for distribution to the kids, instead of just emailing the school and it not getting passed on to a staff member who as a football fan will action things.

Each ambassador school is invited to play in zone based gala days run by the club, all schools need to do is turn up. Winners of each gala day progress to another gala day, winners if that progress to play a curtain raiser final. Comp runs for mixed teams in yr5/6 and a boys and a girls comp for 7/8.

It came from my school getting pumped 22-0 in bill turner cup, now they get to play a seeded gala day where they get to enjoy themselves a bit more.

Wsw offer clinics and school visits to ambassador network schools, schools simply nominate to receive a visit. Club works to ensure a stratigic and fair spread of suck visits across their network.

No competitions or membership drives to "earn" or "win" a visit, being on the ambassador list is all schools need to do. It's been a huge success.

In the September before wsw had played a game they sent three coaches and two youth players to a community event we ran at school, the afl forgot to turn up, and the panthers sent two blokes who turned up late and looking hungover. At tgat stage no one really new who wsw were, but five staff bought season tickets on the day, and about 400 kids got two youth team players to sign their foreheads and on "rugby league" school in rugby league heartland got converted to a "football school" .....

And wsw expect nothing from the schools except a chance for them to come in.
    R u talking about the Western Sydney Wanderers Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    R u talking about the Western Sydney Wanderers Cup?
    yes. among other things

I hope some people from here ended up sticking an application in for this committee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

let's name some names here. I hope Gaz put his hand up, gets on, and is highly successful in implementing the changes he advocates.

I am fairly confident that gaz and his application will be well looked into.

Someone I know suggested that he would be a top appointment to the committee and that the club would be absurd not to appoint him.
    Last edited by Blackmac79; 18-09-2014 at 03:18 PM.
    Go jetties

Lol. Thanks for the support.
    Icac have called already!

Eoi closes tomorrow.
    Get your names in!
    Last edited by GazFish35; 29-09-2014 at 06:17 PM.

When this committee gets up, I would love it if at some point we looked at celebrating the Emerald & Cinnamon of the Newcastle flag. The history of the flag colours (given that the 35th battalion formed in 1915 it can be made as part of a centenary celebration) and the symbolism of the crest are quite interesting and still very relevant today. If kids could take the flags home and keep it might be a good education tool for them about their city/region.

I think a lot of novocastrians are a bit ignorant of why E&C was chosen for the away strip. It would be good if the supporters, club mass produced the newcastle city flag to be waved at a game. I'm thinking a small soft plastic flag like those mini Australian flags people have on Australia Day.

Maybe the Newcastle City Council or a sponsor could help subsidise the production of these, with a sponsor getting to print their name on the flag and the players could wear the Emerald and Cinnamon on the ground.
    Last edited by hausmann; 09-10-2014 at 10:20 AM.

Indeed - I still remember the pre-NRL Newcastle league team playing in E&C in the late 70's !

e&c flag.jpg

squadron has had this flag the last half of the season big 3x3 flag. has the kb crest on it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

we had a city of newcastle crest standard/fence banner too.

if its missing, i blame Q