Page 10 of 129 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2014

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I do agree that he gives us a little bit of something different.

Whether that something different is useful to us or not..
    Agreed
    We don't have someone who can always take too many touches and then gift the ball to the opposition

So GVE dishes out a generic response, as you would expect from any manager. And he gets lambasted for it?

What would you like him to say? "Yeh, Bridges is old as shit and I really wish he would fall on his sword, free up some cap room"

Honestly, I can't see GVE being 1st Team Manager beyond this season, but at least he isn't undermining his players this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    So GVE dishes out a generic response, as you would expect from any manager. And he gets lambasted for it?

What would you like him to say? "Yeh, Bridges is old as shit and I really wish he would fall on his sword, free up some cap room"

Honestly, I can't see GVE being 1st Team Manager beyond this season, but at least he isn't undermining his players this time around.
    How dare you bring up a really good and valid point defending GVE!!!! Someone ban this guy!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    Caught the last few seconds of a segment on NBN news tonight, seemed like GVE was talking about James Brown getting booed? Anyone see it/care to elaborate? It isn't on their website that I can find
    I'm not a Browny fan but the shit he copped from the loudmouth fat cvnts at the rear of bay 57,58,59 was absolutely fukn terrible. These dickheads think they're funny too, but nobody else does.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    I'm not a Browny fan but the shit he copped from the loudmouth fat cvnts at the rear of bay 57,58,59 was absolutely fukn terrible. These dickheads think they're funny too, but nobody else does.
    I sit in the middle section of bay 58 and I didn't hear anything getting yelled at brown?? Things were being said about him but not yelled at him.

Not disclaiming what you're saying, it's just I didn't hear anything. Thought I wasn't listening for it either.

Banned
    I thought the biggest issue was the sarcastic cheering when he got subbed. Not the occasional remark every time Brown ****ed up.

There were remarks being made but not yelled out so half the stand could hear

Play shit, get booed. It's f*cking football. They both need to stop being such softcocks...same applies to everyone on here agreeing with GVE on the topic. Grow a set ffs.

I'd rather be getting booed as a professional footballer than getting praise in my current job.

Brown and GVE need to stop making excuses and focus on sorting their shit out. Stop defending poor performance with ridiculous excuses and start playing well and winning football matches. Then we'll cheer.

You c*nts.

Sanchez on the money again.
    Am darn tootin sure blokes love getting cheered when they score a goal.
    Gotta cop it if you cock up.
    Maybe we should all be quiet for 90 mins as to not inflate/deflate anyone's ego.

FFS why not give them all merit cards after each game "GOOD GAME SOLIDER PAY NO MIND TO THE 8-0 SCORELINE"
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Gve does espouse the virtues of ssgames.

It's like when they took out the diving feature after Fifa 98. Just bury the ugly truths of the game and pretend its all rainbows and tit-flavoured sherbert.

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
    Play shit, get booed. It's f*cking football. They both need to stop being such softcocks...same applies to everyone on here agreeing with GVE on the topic. Grow a set ffs.

I'd rather be getting booed as a professional footballer than getting praise in my current job.

Brown and GVE need to stop making excuses and focus on sorting their shit out. Stop defending poor performance with ridiculous excuses and start playing well and winning football matches. Then we'll cheer.

You c*nts.
    great post
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
    It's like when they took out the diving feature after Fifa 98. Just bury the ugly truths of the game and pretend its all rainbows and tit-flavoured sherbert.
    How ****ing good is tit flavoured sherbert??!

Out: GVE
    In: Sanchez

From Jerks insider

Thomas Moore asks via email: Are we in talks to keep the likes of Goodwin, Heskey, and Jaliens beyond this season?

Robbie Middleby (RM): We’ve already managed to re-sign the bulk of our squad from this season and we’re very pleased about that.

We’re continuing discussions with all of our remaining off-contract players about their futures and our focus is to do what is best for the Club and our Members and supporters.

@Stephen76 asks via Twitter: Any word on Nathan Burns? Is he coming back?

RM: We’ve had a lot of discussions with Nathan and his management and we’ve put a very good offer forward to keep him short-term and long-term at the Club.

Now it’s up to his Korean Club Incheon United to decide where they stand in regards to Nathan and if they want to keep him in Korea for the upcoming K-League season.

@soccer_joel asks via Twitter: What is the situation regarding the coach for next season?

RM: We still have half of the current season left to go and Gary is under contract for the remainder of that period.

We’ll continue to assess what the best thing is for the Club is going forward, but it’s an important decision and not one we’re going to be rushed into.

@BIG_BIG_SHOW asks via Twitter: Is there a minimum nominal figure the Jets will look for when negotiating with overseas clubs for transfer fees?

RM: We assess each player transfer on a case-by-case basis and there are a number of factors to consider.

You need to look at things like who the player is, what Club is looking to buy them, what country the Club is from and how long the player has left on their contract just to name a few.

You have to take all those things into consideration before you make a decision on how much a transfer fee should be worth.

@mkyrwood asks via Twitter: Why do the Jets persist with GVE, and why does he persist with out-of-form players, while Heskey and Bridges are benched?

RM: As I said earlier, Gary is our current coach and has a contract until the end of the season and we’ll continue to assess the coaching situation during this time.

Emile has had a few injury problems, which has limited his impact this season, but he is back to full fitness now and was able to start last weekend’s game. Hopefully we’ll get to see his quality on display during the second half of the season.

We also expect Bridgey to play his part over the coming weeks, especially while we have a few players away on international duty.

Bridgey has made a good impact when he has come on late in games and he’s a great weapon to have on bench because he can create something out of nothing.

Ryan Clark asks via email: How would you evaluate the performance of the team at the halfway point of the season?

RM: I’d say we’ve been inconsistent. I think we’ve had some really, really good wins and have played some good football in patches.

At other times, we’ve been disappointing in games that we’ve been expected to win. We seem to do well against the better teams, and not so well against the teams we’re expected to beat.

If we were able to get that consistency, we’d be a top three or top four team, which is what we expect from this Club and that’s the focus for the rest of the season.

Frank Davies asks via email: What’s your opinion on four of our key players being taken away at a key point in the season to represent Australia at the AFC U-22 Tournament?

RM: It’s always an honour to have players from your Club chosen to represent their country, but the scheduling is obviously not ideal.

To lose players for a tournament that is not a qualifying tournament for the World Cup or the Olympics is very disappointing, but there’s not a lot we could do about it once they were selected.

With the way the Club Participation Agreement was set-up when the A-League started, Clubs have no say when it comes to letting their players go to tournaments like this.

It’s something that I’ve spoken to other Clubs about and it needs to be addressed with the FFA.

@soccer_joel asks via Twitter: How likely will we extend Joel Griffiths' contract?

RM: We had discussions with Joel about that when he first signed with the Club and we’ve got a good understanding of where things lie in the short term and long term.

At the moment, we’re just looking forward to getting Joel back on the pitch and watching him play for the Jets once again.

Nathan Brown asks via email: The youth team seems to be doing quite well this season. How encouraging is that for the Club?

RM: Like last season, the youth team has been doing very well and that’s something that we pride ourselves on.

We’d like to keep promoting the junior talent in our region and it’s something we’ll continue to put a lot of a focus and resources into over the coming years.

There’s a number of local young players who have impressed this season, such as Michael Kantarovski, Nick Cowburn and Kale Bradbury just to name a few, and they’ve all had the opportunity to train with the first team as well.

Our mantra and philosophy is to have a couple of players each season graduate from our youth team into our first team and with our Emerging Jets program in place, hopefully we’ve laid the foundation for that.

Great work from Middleby doing his research and reading the foz. Throws in a bit of Kale love in the hope of avoiding a spray from the Member.

"We had discussions with Joel about that when he first signed with the Club and we’ve got a good understanding of where things lie in the short term and long term."

Why does he even bother with these Q & A's… those sorts of answers just make me want to poke my eyes out. FFS ANSWER THE ****ING QUESTION PROPERLY OR JUST SAY 'I DON'T KNOW'

"Bridgey has made a good impact when he has come on late in games and he’s a great weapon to have on bench because he can create something out of nothing."
    what an idiot

lol joel 31 cockin' the hamma

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    lol joel 31 cockin' the hamma
    what??

Forgetting the fact that GVE yanked Brown off straight after his error.
    GVE is giving Brown another chance and he wants us all to go easy on him. So anyone in Melbourne, please remember, no booing or boourns etc.

GVE OUT.