Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 101

Thread: Superdylans swimming pool thread

  1. #21
    Senior Member militiamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,627
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    ^^ check out this genius with the oxford comma. sort your shit out, mate.
    :brr:
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

  2. #22
    Hamma's best mate Superdylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    SD tell me about them pool chairs mate. They look amazing plus look comfy. How does the texture of the material go against the bare skin?
    Their fairly conformable, but I don't use them much
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Also I bet that football gets a bit of a workout. What kind of pool games are a hit at the SD household?
    Not much

    Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Got a pool yet PV4? One in the works? With all your renovations I'd expect nothing less than water slides, water fountains, and waterfalls.
    Ffs
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

  3. #23
    Pope of Griffology sanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2025
    Location
    Kent, because it sounds like c*nt
    Posts
    4,294,967,295
    f*ck me, I knew I came back for a reason

    Dyl, you deadset flipping legend. What a thread.

    I'm in f*cking tears.

  4. #24
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,412
    Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Got a pool yet PV4? One in the works? With all your renovations I'd expect nothing less than water slides, water fountains, and waterfalls.
    from my house you could nearly throw a stone into the lake. I have a natural, low-maintenance swimming pool.

    Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Their fairly conformable, but I don't use them much
    You don't get some sweet sun-tanning time on those boys?

    You don't play pool games?! What's the point then!?
    OK

  5. #25
    Pope of Griffology sanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2025
    Location
    Kent, because it sounds like c*nt
    Posts
    4,294,967,295
    Hey Dyl, the missus and I are in the process of building a new la casa.

    We have enough room for a pool on our block (if the funds permit) and I was seeking your advice on what pool shape and type would be recommended?

    I was investigating a plunge pool and prefer conrete and tiled, but it's a bit more pricey than the fibreglass I hear?

    Also, shape...would you recommend a roundish model, the bean shape or maybe even the adventurous kidney shape?

    Such a dilemma. Get back to me when you get a chance bro.

    Your biggest fan. Sanch.

  6. #26
    Hamma's best mate Superdylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
    Hey Dyl, the missus and I are in the process of building a new la casa.

    We have enough room for a pool on our block (if the funds permit) and I was seeking your advice on what pool shape and type would be recommended?

    I was investigating a plunge pool and prefer conrete and tiled, but it's a bit more pricey than the fibreglass I hear?

    Also, shape...would you recommend a roundish model, the bean shape or maybe even the adventurous kidney shape?

    Such a dilemma. Get back to me when you get a chance bro.

    Your biggest fan. Sanch.
    Lol I don't work for blue haven mate.

    However I will admit curved pools give a swimming pool more character, especially with a nice garden surrounding one side.

    Fiberglass is good my family pool is a fiberglass one only issue is sometimes it can create hollow interior in the dirt areas filling the pool which we have kinda noticed. Hopefully this won't cause too much unevenness down the track.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

  7. #27
    Pope of Griffology sanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2025
    Location
    Kent, because it sounds like c*nt
    Posts
    4,294,967,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Lol I don't work for blue haven mate.

    However I will admit curved pools give a swimming pool more character, especially with a nice garden surrounding one side.

    Fiberglass is good my family pool is a fiberglass one only issue is sometimes it can create hollow interior in the dirt areas filling the pool. This may cause unevenness down the track, which I hope doesn't happen to ours.
    Cheers for the help man. You really should work for blue haven though, I think you've got something special when it comes to pools.

    What kind of active cleaning device do you use...barracuda?

    Also, you recommend salt, chlorine or neutral?

  8. #28
    Hamma's best mate Superdylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
    Cheers for the help man. You really should work for blue haven though, I think you've got something special when it comes to pools.

    What kind of active cleaning device do you use...barracuda?

    Also, you recommend salt, chlorine or neutral?
    Ours is a salt chlorine which we only have to use once a year apparently. Not sure with our active cleaning device we have it running overnight though which is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

  9. #29
    Pope of Griffology sanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2025
    Location
    Kent, because it sounds like c*nt
    Posts
    4,294,967,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Ours is a salt chlorine which we only have to use once a year apparently. Not sure with our active cleaning device we have it running overnight though which is good.
    Do you find the impact on your electricity bills managable in the warmer periods? I was thinking of having dedicated solar panels for the pool only, but just can't figure out if the cost would be recouped in a reasonable timeframe! lol...sucks balls this pool stuff, hey Dylberry.

  10. #30
    Hamma's best mate Superdylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
    Do you find the impact on your electricity bills managable in the warmer periods? I was thinking of having dedicated solar panels for the pool only, but just can't figure out if the cost would be recouped in a reasonable timeframe! lol...sucks balls this pool stuff, hey Dylberry.
    This I can't answer champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,674
    SD providing the serious knowhow in this thread

  12. #32
    Senior Member seldom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,622
    could do with a few more steps
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

  13. #33
    parksey's mum the_butcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    150,866
    Wow, haven't been on the foz for a long time & this is literally the first thread I read. "Lol I don't work for blue haven mate" was probs my favourite bit.

    I like pools too dyl. Keep up the good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

  14. #34
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    there's some glorious conversation in this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

    he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully itís the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

  15. #35
    Senior Member Schultz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Ours is a salt chlorine which we only have to use once a year apparently. Not sure with our active cleaning device we have it running overnight though which is good.
    The active cleaning is great. Means you can get up in the morning and jump straight in without worrying about leaves, sticks and bugs etc

  16. #36
    in awe of baz GazFish35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,421
    What's your thoughts on lap pools dyl.

    Like sanch, we are looking to build and we have a sloping block, I am thinking of a building a lap pool that's sticks out of the hill....

    Last edited by GazFish35; 17-01-2014 at 10:26 AM.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,036
    One of the most useful threads I've seen in a long time.

  18. #38
    Hamma's best mate Superdylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    What's your thoughts on lap pools dyl.

    Like sanch, we are looking to build and we have a sloping block, I am thinking of a building a lap pool that's sticks out of the hill....

    Funny enough I've been doing 5 metre laps in my pool lately, freestyle, breastroke etc

    Great way to keep fitness levels up fish.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

  19. #39
    Senior Member BodyNovo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    2283
    Posts
    2,537
    sd the peter sterling of the foz
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

    Hail Body!

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    664
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Funny enough I've been doing 5 metre laps in my pool lately, freestyle, breastroke etc

    Great way to keep fitness levels up fish.
    How many of these 5 metre laps would you recommend to increase aerobic fitness?

    Also I only have a 3 metre blow up pool, how many laps of these are equivalent to a 5 metre lap?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •