Thread: New Ownership 2023

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    I have a go at a lot of members and they have a go at me, take it on the chin and move on. You said you had feedback that red and blue stripes were not wanted, where did that feedback come from? Maybe make decisions that improve the club and not your popularity with your mates
    That feedback came from the storm of opposition when HSG arbitrarily changed the colours in 2010 when they were looking to add the knights to the portfolio. I organised the phone/email feedback protest that shut down the HSG office.
    Then more feedback when Martin Lee owned the club and Lawrie was inundated with requests to bring back the gold. I (and JeterPool) were on the fan committee back then as well when it was discussed. Hey presto, gold alternate jerseys started appearing again.
    Then finally in 2021 Mattiske announced the club was "returning to our roots" with gold as our primary colour.
    I'm fairly certain there were also a number of fan surveys over the years that overwhelmingly voted that gold should be brought back as our jersey colour.
    The main issue over the years was our shit kit suppliers who could never find the material in the correct colour.

Is this enough feedback?
    Last edited by furns; 12-04-2024 at 10:56 AM.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast