Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NEW FM League thread

Didnt Southy disband their junior teams. So other than holding a licence and not currently meeting requirements, what puts them in a better position than other newfm clubs?
    Struggle to see why they should be offered position over other clubs who have ties with junior clubs, wouldnt this hold more weight in the ctireria calcs?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    MNC will definetly be in I'm told
    Good, give the local kids a team to aspire to
    Ridiculous that they have NPL Youth for 4 years than turn them out into a local comp that is even lower std than New FM
    And bring in New England as well, all kids in NNSWF area should have same opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Wouldn't if you removed the New FM from the equation and left it NPL then ZPL make the ZPL the 2nd tier or am I missing something here??
    A-league is the first tier, NPL the second and ZPL the third. Currently NewFM is the third tier.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Kahibah have A grade teams from 12's up but they are still working on a resolution on the ground. I've heard a cost that they'd have to pay to make Kahibah Oval reach standard and it's a huge figure. I'm keen to ask some questions to Northern about how this will all work. I feel like it's a step back if we get rid of the 2nd tier. If they make ZPL go down to 17's then maybe it could work but there's definitely some questions to be answered.
    Like why Northern only want to focus on one area and ignore anything below the NPL and not worry about the skill level.

On the topic of player races, I was at Edgeworth on Saturday night and their player race doesn't have a gate like you'd see at Magic. Do they have to make the same standard or not? I'd love to see a list of the NPL requirements and I'm in the process of getting it off one of the NewFM clubs.
    It's like Adamstown Oval sure there is direct path from the changerooms to the field but I don't even recall that there was and fencing.

I'm sure someone will come along and say there is, which is fine I just don't remember seeing it, not that it is something I look at.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    This I agree with. If we have to go with NPL2 clubs should be given two or three years to get it together.
    They should say that to NewFM clubs and Zone league clubs that might want to make the jump. You have three years to get your house in order and then we will change it not this we are doing it next season.

It can take up to a year to get permission off some councils to be able to start building new structures and another year to get enough funds.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    So, for anyone who cares…..
    Results today from Blackies Oval.
    U/17's 2-1 Belswans
    U/19's 7-0 Belswans
    U/23's 4-1 Belswans
    1st's 3-2 Belswans.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    So, for anyone who cares…..
    Results today from Blackies Oval.
    U/17's 2-1 Belswans
    U/19's 7-0 Belswans
    U/23's 4-1 Belswans
    1st's 3-2 Belswans.
    I care. Another quality set of results for you blokes. Couldn't ask for a better start to the year.

Results at Westy v Lakes were:
    17's: Lakes 3-1
    19's: Westy 3-1
    23's: Lakes 2-0
    1st Grade: Draw 0-0

Have been told fairly even game but Westy deserved the points, even with ten men on the field. Great day for Belswans; now five points clear of Lakes.

never a dull moment with the fking around of our tiered football structure. wish these egomanics would settle on on a specific structure and leave it for a while

And make it so that teams have an achievable chance of satisfying the criteria should they earn a chance. players race? what a joke

Look at it this way;

NNSW is a football federation for this area responsible for administering the game under the FFA. We are putting teams into a national competition (FFA Cup), which may require an a-league team to visit a local Newcastle club to play. Under the FFA requirements, grounds need to conform to a set of standards to satisfy the FFA that our grounds are adequate for an a-league team to play in. They currently do not, with some facilities able to be labelled as embarrassing.

Player races seem to be the hot topic. Player races are required for player and official safety after games under FFA requirements. This is just NNSW telling our top clubs to get their shit in order so that we don't look like a bunch of mugs on the national stage, I'm guessing. I'm willing to bet the same people that are complaining about player races are the same people that complain that Broadmeadow and Edgy getting all the big games in town, with no thought to the fact that the facilities we are providing to teams travelling in a national competition are woeful or unsafe. If I was NNSW, I'd be dead before seeing a team from another federation play at Kahibah or Valentines current facility.

Clubs have had two or three years to get it together. They've known that the criteria would be tightening up for some time. They also have two or three years to get it together...while they play in ZPL. NPL licenses are only current for three years. Clubs will have to re-apply in three years time from my understanding. In any case, I see there being an NPL 1 & 2 with promotion between them. Promotion to NPL every three years.

pretty sure that player races are now off the criteria. . .

I find it funny that player races are mentioned as a prerequisite to get in NPL, yet at most grounds that I remember the players have to walk through the crowd to get to their allocated warm up areas.

I would like to see how the jets or ccm go if they had to spend on maintaining and improving their own facility .

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    I find it funny that player races are mentioned as a prerequisite to get in NPL, yet at most grounds that I remember the players have to walk through the crowd to get to their allocated warm up areas.
    Or in one case leave the facility all together

Quote Originally Posted by amishpanda View Post
    Player races seem to be the hot topic. Player races are required for player and official safety after games under FFA requirements. .
    Of course we have to follow the rules but

In the name of safety? people who can throw a bottle on the race can throw one over a fence where the field in 1m away. If anything they need soft surface from the sheds to the field so players are protected from slipping over. Change sheds, field size, pitch quality, juniors, a grand stand and canteen are the real issues imo.

anyway, I hope more teams get the facilities needed to enable more teams and better comps at the top end.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Of course we have to follow the rules but

In the name of safety? people who can throw a bottle on the race can throw one over a fence where the field in 1m away. If anything they need soft surface from the sheds to the field so players are protected from slipping over. Change sheds, field size, pitch quality, juniors, a grand stand and canteen are the real issues imo.

anyway, I hope more teams get the facilities needed to enable more teams and better comps at the top end.
    It's a simple case of if you want the big games as in the FFA Cup Fox games then the 1 and only thing that's stopping clubs is the quality of their lighting system. Get the lights get the big games.

You don't head to the warm-up area after you double peg some bloke on the pitch or have an altercation on the field, causing the crowd to want to get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by amishpanda View Post
    You don't head to the warm-up area after you double peg some bloke on the pitch or have an altercation on the field, causing the crowd to want to get involved.
    Yep true because the metre high fence and the amount of security around the ground will stop them.

Yep true because the metre high fence and the amount of security around the ground will stop them.

With the Wallsend Derby on Friday I decided to make a short video about the history of the fixture. I know there's a couple blokes on here who don't do Facebook so mainly putting it here in case they want to see it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlzL...ature=youtu.be

As for this week, might as well do tips now.

Wallsend to beat Westy
    Lakes to beat Thornton
    Kahibah to beat Southy
    Belswans to beat Singo
    Cooks Hill to beat Cessnock

Not sure on scores yet. Haven't put that much thought into it yet.

Banned
    FT Wallsend 3-2 over Westy

Wallsend opened up a 2-0 lead in the first half only for Westy to level it with 2 goals in a short time in the first half to take us to 2-2 at the break

Wallsend scored with about 25 to go and held on from there

May sound like a good game but to be honest was pretty mundane affair