Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
The incubation period isn't constant
The rate of recovery is inconsistent

Even if I pay you that

It does not negate that there has to have been plenty of infected people in the country in February and early March . Not every **** got infected in mid March all the same day so we would habe a spike in numbers now

I went to Thailand in early February. The chick on the plane who sat next to me had a mask on and there were plenty of others panicking about Corona

So it ain't like this issue started in mid March
Plenty of Aussies had to have been infected in February but not detected as Corona because that is a logical assumption

Where the **** are the corpses because to have any form of logical consistency this disease would have to have been just as deadly then in February and early March as it is now in Late March and Early April to those infected by it

The Corona just ain't cranked it up 10 notches of deadly all of a sudden has it ??
Aus corona deaths.jpg

Not sure where the spike is that you're talking about.

As for other countries being worried about it much earlier than us. That's partly due to culture and partly due to the fact that the infection curve started much earlier in other countries than it did here. Which is why we have the luxury of being able to look at how other countries handled and are handling things.

As for the death count rising, that's sort of how exponential growth works. The count of people confirmed as infected has grown exponentially. Logically there would be a correlation between the amount of people infected and the amount of people having serious / life threatening cases. Additionally, the more people are infected, the more people that are at risk (elderly, health compromised etc) that are going to contract it.