Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: 2023/24 Newcastle Jets Men's Squad

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Expired
    07 Trent Buhagiar Punt

It makes a lot more sense to keep Boogers than punt him. As frustrating as it is to see him miss 5 or 6 chances every single game, he consistently gets more chances than anyone else and doesn't even need a specific style of play to do so.

That said, it would be awesome if we can find someone better, I just have zero faith in us doing that when there's so many other things that need sorting at the same time.

We need 30 goals from the starting forwards, 5 from midfield, 5 from defence and 5 from the bench. That gives us 45, which is all you need to challenge for the league. Boogers solves one of those problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    It makes a lot more sense to keep Boogers than punt him. As frustrating as it is to see him miss 5 or 6 chances every single game, he consistently gets more chances than anyone else and doesn't even need a specific style of play to do so.

That said, it would be awesome if we can find someone better, I just have zero faith in us doing that when there's so many other things that need sorting at the same time.

We need 30 goals from the starting forwards, 5 from midfield, 5 from defence and 5 from the bench. That gives us 45, which is all you need to challenge for the league. Boogers solves one of those problems.
    Swear I also saw he had signed elsewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

If there isnt a player in our youth system who can't do what that filthy gypo does then we need to scrap the whole youth system and start again.

Of all the players leaving he's by far the easiest to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    If there isnt a player in our youth system who can't do what that filthy gypo does then we need to scrap the whole youth system and start again.

Of all the players leaving he's by far the easiest to replace.
    What youth system??

I thought the entire youth set up at the Jets was our first team scouting department finding a few academy prospects from other A League club's at the NPL finals series and offering them a starting gig they most likely don't have the talent to earn elsewhere.

I was sad when I saw the stats, but Boogers was our 3rd best goal scorer this season and 2nd best last year. We SHOULD be able to replace his output very easily if we were a remotely well run club, but we aren't so I figure why lose those goals if we can't replace them?
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Because he's a gypo like your mate pv4.

cheers,
    plague.

Terrible year.

Piss co po goooone

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Piss co po goooone
    Its a shame.. I'm a bit torn on this one.
    Undoubtedly we were a better team with him on the pitch, I rate him and think that he is a great player but unfortunately the bloke is made from balsa wood..
    His injury woes and time spent on the sidelines probably couldn't justify the price tag..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Its a shame.. I'm a bit torn on this one.
    Undoubtedly we were a better team with him on the pitch, I rate him and think that he is a great player but unfortunately the bloke is made from balsa wood..
    His injury woes and time spent on the sidelines probably couldn't justify the price tag..
    This, Not much point having all the ability if your in the grandstand busted more often than not. Hope Victory don't fall behind in there health fund contributions, Theyll be needing it for this blokes bills. Plenty of ability not enough output.

Archie is apparently off to Adelaide. Good for him if it works out, unless he dramatically changes as a player over night though I really don’t see Adelaide offering him much more then what we were able too considering his injury woes

We have also apparently extended Cancar’s contract, signed Susjnar and Weir played a game for I believe Hume City and is confirmed to be gone from the club
    Last edited by Mark325; 28-05-2024 at 06:11 PM.

Expiring 24/25
    01 Ryan Scott
    08 Apostolos Stamatelopoulos
    11 Jacob Dowse
    13 Clayton Taylor
    14 Dane Ingham
    23 Daniel Wilmering
    22 Phillip Cancar *TBC

Expiring 25/26
    27 Nathan Grimaldi
    33 Mark Natta
    39 Thomas Aquilina

New Signings
    ## Aleks Susnjar

Offered Contracts
    17 Kosta Grozos
    19 Callum Timmins
    37 Lachlan Bayliss

Confirmed/Expected Outgoing Players
    03 Jason Hoffman - Retired/NPL
    05 Lucas Mauragis - Central Coast
    06 Brandon O'Neill - Perth
    10 Reno Piscopo - Victory
    20 Michael Weier - Hume City *TBC
    26 Archie Goodwin - Adelaide *TBC

Expired
    07 Trent Buhagiar
    15 Jason Berthomier
    18 Daniel Stynes
    21 Noah James
    25 Carl Jenkinson
    29 Justin Vidic
    66 Zac Bowling

I will be incredibly disappointed to lose Archie, if the rumours of Adelaide are true. We should be looking to promote and retain our local talent and he knows where the goal is - he's got the best minutes per goal rate of any male in club history with more than 10 games (a goal every 130 minutes).

That said, he's made 47 appearances in all competition so far. He's started 6 of those and hasn't yet made the full 90 minutes. I felt towards the end of last season he really struggled to get himself into games when he came off the bench. Perhaps our formation doesn't best suit his attributes?

There's always been concerns around his body's durability and I just don't think Stanton rates him. Maybe a move is best for his career at this stage but I can't help but think if we don't sign this overseas striker OR Stama heads overseas then he's right back at the top of the pecking order again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I will be incredibly disappointed to lose Archie, if the rumours of Adelaide are true. We should be looking to promote and retain our local talent and he knows where the goal is - he's got the best minutes per goal rate of any male in club history with more than 10 games (a goal every 130 minutes).

That said, he's made 47 appearances in all competition so far. He's started 6 of those and hasn't yet made the full 90 minutes. I felt towards the end of last season he really struggled to get himself into games when he came off the bench. Perhaps our formation doesn't best suit his attributes?

There's always been concerns around his body's durability and I just don't think Stanton rates him. Maybe a move is best for his career at this stage but I can't help but think if we don't sign this overseas striker OR Stama heads overseas then he's right back at the top of the pecking order again.
    He's got ability that will never be in question. My concerns with Archie is and this is just my opinion he struggles to run out a full game. Throw in these apparent issues with his frame and durability i think stay or go is a muchness of a muchness.

Adelaide have a good record with youngsters so perhaps when its all said and done that is his best move.

Torn.

If Stanton doesn’t rate him and he thinks he will get better opportunity elsewhere, good on him.
    He’s at the age when he needs to be playing. Can’t be happy with a cameo off the bench every week.

Would be great to keep some local talent around, and help garner some community support etc.
    Rightly or wrongly, a lot of people seem excited to see him play, and always comment about “Archie”.

If he heads to Adelaide, goodluck to him. No hard feelings on this one.

Lucas Mauragis, Brandon O’Neill, Trent Buhagiar, Reno Piscopo, Jason Berthomier, Daniel Stynes, Archie Goodwin, Michael Weier and Carl Jenkinson will depart the Club following the conclusion of their contracts

Expiring 24/25
    01 Ryan Scott
    11 Jacob Dowse
    13 Clayton Taylor
    14 Dane Ingham
    23 Daniel Wilmering
    22 Phillip Cancar *TBC

Expiring 25/26
    27 Nathan Grimaldi
    33 Mark Natta
    39 Thomas Aquilina

New Signings
    ## Aleks Susnjar

Offered Contracts
    17 Kosta Grozos
    19 Callum Timmins
    37 Lachlan Bayliss

07 Trent Buhagiar - Unknown
    15 Jason Berthomier - Unknown
    18 Daniel Stynes - Unknown
    25 Carl Jenkinson - Unknown

Expired
    21 Noah James
    29 Justin Vidic
    66 Zac Bowling
    Last edited by Mark325; 29-05-2024 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Griff once said the best career move he made was to get away from Mum's home cooking and learn to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Griff once said the best career move he made was to get away from Mum's home cooking and learn to grow up.
    Yep this. Learn how take care of all your own personal admin such as cooking, cleaning washing n ironing the list goes on.

It's good for some although the other Goodwin had chronic homesickness and was much better at home with mum in Adelaide. If we have a team next year, I don't think the club should be carrying players like Archie and Piscopo anyway, plenty of young fit players just waiting for a chance
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Expiring 24/25
    01 Ryan Scott
    11 Jacob Dowse
    13 Clayton Taylor
    14 Dane Ingham
    23 Daniel Wilmering
    22 Phillip Cancar *TBC

Expiring 25/26
    27 Nathan Grimaldi
    33 Mark Natta
    39 Thomas Aquilina

New Signings
    ## Aleks Susnjar

Offered Contracts
    17 Kosta Grozos
    19 Callum Timmins
    37 Lachlan Bayliss

Expired
    07 Trent Buhagiar
    15 Jason Berthomier
    18 Daniel Stynes
    21 Noah James
    25 Carl Jenkinson
    29 Justin Vidic
    66 Zac Bowling
    Michael weier back playing for Hume city tonight vs south melbourne. Surely another A League club will pick him up.