Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2018 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

Are their juniors and seniors still separated??

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Are their juniors and seniors still separated??
    No but it wouldn't matter I understand that a senior person in the seniors was the ring in

Warner’s bay A grade booted this week, the race for finals is tight with a 5 team comp now

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    Warner’s bay A grade booted this week, the race for finals is tight with a 5 team comp now
    A team in All Age Friday C grade got caught and booted as well. Silly silly boys.

I mean it's only amateur football so i'm really not fussed. The only part that annoyed me was that now teams miss out on playing a game, which is the entire reason we put ourselves through the gruelling training regimes (30 mins of jogging, pass ball to hopefully a team mate, long walk back to showers, beer and 45 mins of mocking each other) isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Not a good idea to do it when the fill in was probably the best guy on the park, and playing in a shirt that doesn’t match the rest of the team

Understand a Kotara player in M Grade punched and knocked out a volunteer ref at Cardiff Juniors yesterday. Anyone know more about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Understand a Kotara player in M Grade punched and knocked out a volunteer ref at Cardiff Juniors yesterday. Anyone know more about that?
    Wouldn't call it a punch (not from where I was watching anyway) but definitely a hard shove straight after Cardiff scored the equaliser with about 10 to go. Ref hit the ground hard and had to go to get scans to make sure there were no fractures etc., thankfully given the all clear on that, so probably just got a bit of whiplash.

Obviously the game was abandoned straight away and the 1-1 result stood. Could have turned ugly but thankfully both teams kept their composure and was only the one player that made a fool of himself. Will never pull a jersey on again you'd hope.

Clubbie referee who is also a qualified referee.Reported to police and heard that player may have been a ring in

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Wouldn't call it a punch (not from where I was watching anyway) but definitely a hard shove straight after Cardiff scored the equaliser with about 10 to go. Ref hit the ground hard and had to go to get scans to make sure there were no fractures etc., thankfully given the all clear on that, so probably just got a bit of whiplash.

Obviously the game was abandoned straight away and the 1-1 result stood. Could have turned ugly but thankfully both teams kept their composure and was only the one player that made a fool of himself. Will never pull a jersey on again you'd hope.
    Punch or Shove shouldn't matter, the player should be given a long stint on the sidelines assuming they ever get to play again.

Everyone bitches and moans about the lack of refs, but still pile shit on them.

Time for people to actually show refs some respect. Seen too many people abusing 14 year old linesman this season.

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Clubbie referee who is also a qualified referee.Reported to police and heard that player may have been a ring in
    If its who I am thinking, he isn't a bad ref either. No problem with it being reported to police.

I was watching some park soccer in Nepean/Penrith District today. Semi final.
    Ref and one linesmen. This was Div 2 all age.
    The two refs had just finished 2 games. So this was their third game.

Main ref, did not care. Pretty much stayed still the whole game. Blew a free kick. Players stood over the ball, he told them to get back and started pacing out the 10yds (was 10ft) and the team took the free kick while pacing it out, they scored. Ref awarded the goal.
    Linesmen was watching the other game on the other field, missed a offside by a good 10 metres, ref was also close by and could’ve easily called it, played on and they scored.
    2-0 half time in a semi due to two mistakes.
    Ref didnt care.

Now, my experience with Macquarie (can only talk for them), at least all the officials try? I mean they get decisions wrong. Everyone makes mistakes. I was watching this think that the ref didn’t care. Got things wrong and didn’t care. Didn’t wanna be there. At least refs in Newcastle seem to care and have passionate people involved.

Reported to police and heard that player may have been a ring in
    if this is the case, id have no problem if the dude is gone forever and team immediately punted.

i know it doesnt 'matter' in most cases but theres a reason why people need to be registered. would also have no problem seeing team captains/coaches given lengthy suspensions as well for allowing unregistered people on the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    if this is the case, id have no problem if the dude is gone forever and team immediately punted.

i know it doesnt 'matter' in most cases but theres a reason why people need to be registered. would also have no problem seeing team captains/coaches given lengthy suspensions as well for allowing unregistered people on the field.
    The problem with unregistered players is there is no real consequence to the team or player.

The club cops the fine whenin reality they have very little control of who walks on the pitch during a game.

Start fining the individuals or team managers and then it will stop.

There needs to be far more protection of referees though. Dissent should be an automatic card and fine. Won’t take long for players to just accept a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    The problem with unregistered players is there is no real consequence to the team or player.

The club cops the fine whenin reality they have very little control of who walks on the pitch during a game.

Start fining the individuals or team managers and then it will stop.
    yeah i totally agree, the clubs shouldnt be ID checking every player on the team sheet every match every week.

coaches/managers/captains know full well if a player should or shouldnt be there, and sadly a lot of teams really dont care if the club cops a whack.

kicking out the actual guilty parties might start to change behaviours.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post

The team does get kicked out, probably doesn't matter to them too much if it is at the end of the season.

Hopefully Cardiff report to LMF that it is a ring in and don't just leave the ref report on the what I hope was a red card issued. Or if the entire thing is ignored because no one tells LMF

The team does get kicked out, probably doesn't matter to them too much if it is at the end of the season.
    Would in this case as Kotara finished the regular season in 2nd so are meant to play semis next week.

I don't get it. Kotara are still down as playing semis next week yet Lambton have been promoted from 5th to what looks like 2nd?
    Does anyone know what actually happens with points / ladder positions when a team gets punted?

Quote Originally Posted by stormypete View Post
    I don't get it. Kotara are still down as playing semis next week yet Lambton have been promoted from 5th to what looks like 2nd?
    Does anyone know what actually happens with points / ladder positions when a team gets punted?
    Yeah it's completely screwed up. Somehow both Dudley and Cardiff got taken out and Lambton and Jesmond put in.

Should be all fixed up once the Kotara issue is sorted, but if they were to get punted then the team that finished 5th would get promoted to 4th and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by stormypete View Post
    I believe when teams are kicked out, all results become forfeits.

Good if you lost to the team being removed, not good if you beat them during the season.

Speaking from All age A Sat experience from and including the game that a team is found to have an ineligible player 3 points and 3-0 win is awarded.
    Previous games stand.