Page 78 of 242 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Get serious about racism. Start dishing out bans to backwards fans and players who deem it their right to denigrate those that aren't the same as them.

AFL and all sporting bodies have a chance to act in a manner reflective of the ugliness that fuels racism
    Yeah your big problem though is that whilever your Eddie Maguires etc are in positions of power within these organisations ain't shit getting done about nothin.

Banned
    So those that choose to boo him because they think he is a complete prat who publically humiliated a 13 year old kid who said an offensive term to him are racist now??

The same term he has most likely heard plenty of times in the past and done nothing about.

From what I see he picked a pretty soft target there to make his stand against.

He chose to publically humilate a child to push an agenda when he could have dealt with her and the matter with a little more class.

Publicly humiliate?

It was the indigenous round last year on the 20th anniversary of winmar's stance against the shit he copped.

He called the kid out by pointing to her and having security deal with it.
    It happened in a public place, how foes he deal with the incident in any other way..... Other than ignore, which he shouldn't have to.

He then announced the girl needed to be supported and didn't blame her, rather he pointed out her actions were a product of the society she's growing up in that has continued to send a message that what she did was okay.

He didn't publicly humiliate her. She did that all herself.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    He chose to publically humilate a child to push an agenda when he could have dealt with her and the matter with a little more class.
    Hey Member I'm just looking up 'how to handle getting called an ape with class' should I use google or bing?

Oh dear member.

Those who choose to boo him because of a racist little girl, are supporting and saying it's ok for little girls to grow up racist. Maybe that little girl might think before calling an aboriginal an ape next time? Maybe instead of having another systemic racist in our society we have a person who actually thinks before they act in the future.

Goodes should always call out racists be they 13 or 99.
    Go jetties

Beckham was booed for 3 and a half year at every ground (Even Old Trafford) after being sent off V Argentina @ France98.......it stopped when he scored that free kick which send the "Hereditary Enemy" ( ) in 2002 WC.........fair enough skin colour was never in the picture in that example.....but the point is: As a sport figure you must be strong enough to block anything happening outside the pitch (Skin Colour or not involved).......What's the difference calling Hutcho all sort of names (Except he deserves it ) and what Goodes has been called (? Skin.....and??).....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Beckham was booed for 3 and a half year at every ground (Even Old Trafford) after being sent off V Argentina @ France98.......it stopped when he scored that free kick which send the "Hereditary Enemy" ( ) in 2002 WC.........fair enough skin colour was never in the picture in that example.....but the point is: As a sport figure you must be strong enough to block anything happening outside the pitch (Skin Colour or not involved).......What's the difference calling Hutcho all sort of names (Except he deserves it ) and what Goodes has been called (? Skin.....and??).....
    Because Beckham could have avoided his sendoff.
    Hutcho could avoid being a **** (although he has no choice for being a gypo).
    Unless i missed something Goodes didn't get to choose his skin colour.

Also: so which profession should cop it and which shouldn't?
    go on, name them.
    id like to know where your cutoff point is.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

The difference is hutch or becks weren't booed for standing up for a culture that has been ostracized and forced to live on the fringes of society since their lands were stolen from them.

The most common defense of the booing is that 'he's a dickhead'

What's he done to deserve being labeled a "dickhead" other than to go against the grain of mainstream Australia and have the balls to stand up to the shit thrown at him and his culture? Have I missed him glassine someone in a pub? being done for dui? abusing refs? taking drugs? Beating his wife? What's he done to be labeled a dickhead or any other label that's been thrown at him besides being a proud aboriginal.

Why does standing up against the way aboriginal Australia has been treated for over 200years mean you get labelled a dickhead?

goodes has tried to shine a light on some of the darkest problems we have as a nation..... And the media and the white majority do what they always do, tell him to shut up.

It's an embarrassment that so many Australians can't see how poorly this whole situation reflects on us all.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 30-07-2015 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Publicly humiliate?

It was the indigenous round last year on the 20th anniversary of winmar's stance against the shit he copped.

He called the kid out by pointing to her and having security deal with it.
    It happened in a public place, how foes he deal with the incident in any other way..... Other than ignore, which he shouldn't have to.

He then announced the girl needed to be supported and didn't blame her, rather he pointed out her actions were a product of the society she's growing up in that has continued to send a message that what she did was okay.

He didn't publicly humiliate her. She did that all herself.

Also should be noted the girl spoke to Goodes the next day and apologised. Id be pretty sure in thinking she has never called any black man an ape since.
    also, when he did the "racism has a face" press conference he didn't name her. in fact she has disappeared from view, her mother should probably follow suit. Not sure why but 2 years on and all of a sudden THATS what the booing is about?
    why did it stop for 2 years if everyone was so outraged at his treatment of the girl?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Because Beckham could have avoided his sendoff.
    Hutcho could avoid being a **** (although he has no choice for being a gypo).
    Unless i missed something Goodes didn't get to choose his skin colour.

Also: so which profession should cop it and which shouldn't?
    go on, name them.
    id like to know where your cutoff point is.
    All professions ......the key is be strong enough to ignore the idiots....(very difficult to achieve but prob the best way to silence them)
    Dare to Zlatan

All professions ......the key is be strong enough to ignore the idiots....(very difficult to achieve but prob the best way to silence them)
    well going off our current example:
    Goodes reacts to the girl. Girls apologises and seems to be not very racist anymore.
    Crowd boos, everyone says chill, crowd keeps booing.

I don't think your strategy is working on that one boss.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    well going off our current example:
    Goodes reacts to the girl. Girls apologises and seems to be not very racist anymore.
    Crowd boos, everyone says chill, crowd keeps booing.

I don't think your strategy is working on that one boss.
    Yeah but you forgot the War Dance champ
    Dare to Zlatan

if no-one says anything, behaviour ends up deemed acceptable.
    When does it become okay to make a stand? Or should all behaviour no matter how abhorrent simply be ignored?

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing

And what was wrong with it?

A dance to celebrate a goal that also celebrates his culture in a round of football dedicated to celebrating his culture.... Done towards fans who were giving him shit......good on him.

Plenty of players have reacted to fans taunts before, why can't he?
    Or is that fact he used a cultural dance to do it that has so many up in arms? It's the only difference I can see.

I actually like the guy, he reacted the way he reacted and he did the war dance.....and whatever else he did..... I got no problem with.......What I'm saying is: that's why he is being booed and by reacting the way he did it's like fuel for the idiots ......He would have ignored it, then we would not be talking about it now.....he chose not to and here we go
    Dare to Zlatan

So it's his fault?

so high fives, pointing to the sky, screaming your heart out, ripping your shirt off, sliding on your knees, group hugs, falling to the ground, and fist pumps are ok after scoring a goal.
    but a traditional dance celebrating your culture during indigenous round isn't.

gotcha.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Ah ok. I get it now. Goodes is to blame for the racist attitudes of a few in the crowd. Everything is his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Ah ok. I get it now. Goodes is to blame for the racist attitudes of a few in the crowd. Everything is his fault.
    i dunno, i think a lot of the blame should go to his ancestors too.

yanno

for being so indigenous.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    So it's his fault?
    I'm not trying to tell who's wrong who's right, we both know who's wrong anyway..... I'm only telling you why we are in the situation we are in..... There was 2 ways to go about it: The way it happened and there we are talking about it (and it's good) or my point is he could have gone the other way, ignore it and we wouldn't be talking about it now ( and to me it seems a better way to silence the idiots in a long run).... It will always be difficult to educate the idiots it's better to ignore them (and that might even be a way to start to educate them?)
    Dare to Zlatan