Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
I interpreted what he said in that video differently and don't believe he got atheism wrong at all.

When he wasn't being cut off mid sentence and actually given the opportunity to explain himself he said he is an agnostic atheist. He then says the agnostic part is because he cannot say definitively that there is a god, and then says by definition all humans are agnostic then. Then he says, after being cutoff and able to come back to it, that he is atheist as the definition of atheism is the lack of belief in god (google the definition if needed), and his example is when a person with faith says they can't prove god exists he says he does not believe in it.

I found him very transparent with all of that and don't think he got it wrong in any way.

I have also never personally heard the 1000 year burn the books example between fiction and science, but adored it.

For the record i define myself as an agnostic but refer to the TV show Community where they call that out as a lazy mans atheist. And I'm cool being that.
Atheism is from the greek language and translated to "without God". It's the antithesis of Theism which is the belief in a deity.

New Age atheists are trying to soften the original meaning because it is impossible to prove their original argument. They want to have the balls to say there is no god, but they don't anyway to back it up. So instead of admitting they don't know and becoming an agnostic they still make the same argument but then put the onus on the other side to prove that the god exists. Smart move, but it also destroys the entire argument they set out to make.