Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    to impeach Trump, the Dems need to flip 20 (out of about 50) Republicans in the Senate to get a majority. That wont happen.
    They'd also need a big number of them to switch in the House (which they control) to even get it to the Senate.

Totally agree on Americans loving the flag and constitution more than the President. But if you look at the candidates, only one of them is continually and openly campaigning for the 1st and 2nd amendments. Granted it is Republican fodder but America is different in that a candidate needs to inspire people to get out and vote. If Americans think their 'rights' are going to be in danger, thats a good reason to do it. Guess you'd have to ask yourself if Americans would handle a couple of 'untruths' be told by the Pres as long as they got to keep their guns and freedom of speech.

Trump is wrapping himself in the flag and claiming hes the victim of a witch hunt. he points to all manner of evidence (both real and made up hahahaha) to support his case.

Granted once the Dems settle on a candidate their message might be clearer, but Trump isnt being impeached with the numbers the way they are. The talk of it at the moment are in hope of destabilising the numbers post 2020. If the Dems can legit get it done they might try then.

Also of note, when Clinton was impeached, he was allowed to finish out his 2nd term and there were no real long term consequences, and he got impeached for some real shit. There were witnesses, testimony and evidence. Everything against Trump so far is hearsay. Argue it all you want, but there needs to be way more proof to even get close to getting it passed.

Remember, its not a judge or jury that decides this, its the politicians. and if the Dems are gonna go to the GOP and say "we want to off the bloke, heres all we got" then they would look like fools jumping ship to support it.
    I wish I knew how you could see all the information in front of you and come up with the above...

The house vote is sorted. Republicans already know that. So it's going to be fought in the senate in full view of the public.

Everyday they get a new testimony it backs up the original claims. Every time a Republican is asked to answer questions they run away.

I agree that the end game of this entire things is in regards to the 2020 election rather than outright impeachment, but they have just as strong evidence on this one as they did with Clinton's and the Dems want the same outcome. Out of office, without tarnishing the brand anymore than they have to.

My point is that if this makes it to the senate then Trump is in trouble. He will be less impervious to critique from the right if it's coming directly at them rather than filtered through Fox News or left wing media.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I wish I knew how you could see all the information in front of you and come up with the above...

The house vote is sorted.
    ok youre gonna have to point me towards your info because as I have it the Dems have 233 out of the 435 seats in the House.
    They need a 2/3 majority to impeach.
    So they need to sway another 50 odd members of the GOP.
    Where have you read otherwise?
    or have 50 odd republicans already supported this?

or is this not how it works?

EDIT:
    ok im gonna leave my original post up here but it def seems i have my procedures wrong.
    link below is the best guide to how its set up.
    i found it a good read.
    https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/ne...nt/2483700001/

as good as a read this is, it looks like it is a different procedure than Clinton underwent. ill do some more digging as im still not sure on a few things. anyone feel free to drop info on here this stuff entertains me.
    Last edited by plague; 06-11-2019 at 06:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    ok youre gonna have to point me towards your info because as I have it the Dems have 233 out of the 435 seats in the House.
    They need a 2/3 majority to impeach.
    So they need to sway another 50 odd members of the GOP.
    Where have you read otherwise?
    or have 50 odd republicans already supported this?

or is this not how it works?

EDIT:
    ok im gonna leave my original post up here but it def seems i have my procedures wrong.
    link below is the best guide to how its set up.
    i found it a good read.
    https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/ne...nt/2483700001/

as good as a read this is, it looks like it is a different procedure than Clinton underwent. ill do some more digging as im still not sure on a few things. anyone feel free to drop info on here this stuff entertains me.
    I'm not an expert in anyway and I've only got a limited grasp on the entire thing.

But my understanding of the house vote was that it was related more to the rules of the Impeachment enquiry once it got to the senate.

Basically they are agreeing to a fight in the senate, they just want to have some rules in place first. I'm assuming that these rules will be used as dirty tactics by each side and will ultimately leave the result biased and they'll all somehow make money off of the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

The house vote is sorted. Republicans already know that. So it's going to be fought in the senate in full view of the public.

Everyday they get a new testimony it backs up the original claims. Every time a Republican is asked to answer questions they run away.

I agree that the end game of this entire things is in regards to the 2020 election rather than outright impeachment, but they have just as strong evidence on this one as they did with Clinton's and the Dems want the same outcome. Out of office, without tarnishing the brand anymore than they have to.

My point is that if this makes it to the senate then Trump is in trouble. He will be less impervious to critique from the right if it's coming directly at them rather than filtered through Fox News or left wing media.
    If this impeachment actually gets any traction then you do realise Trump is also allowed to get his opponents under oath and they have to cooperate fully otherwise they getting locked up

This won't see the light of day as Trump is probably the cleanest there in Washington

If they had anything on Trump of value they would be using it already if you were not aware of the TDS the left already have with him

I actually hope they do get this shit running because they have given him the 2020 election on a platter and he will also clean up in the house when the Impeachment fails because Trump is gonna expose the corruption from the Democrats and media here pushing this BS

If this impeachment actually gets any traction then you do realise Trump is also allowed to get his opponents under oath and they have to cooperate fully otherwise they getting locked up

This won't see the light of day as Trump is probably the cleanest there in Washington

If they had anything on Trump of value they would be using it already if you were not aware of the TDS the left already have with him

I actually hope they do get this shit running because they have given him the 2020 election on a platter and he will also clean up in the house when the Impeachment fails because Trump is gonna expose the corruption from the Democrats and media here pushing this BS
    Agree Trump's got way less baggage than those supposedly going after him [or Biden] - afterall he's only been in politics a few years - his accusers have been taking bribes for twenty years or more.
    I don't think it's Trump they are after - I think they [certain Democrat factions] want Biden - and this is the best way to take Biden out of the race.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Agree Trump's got way less baggage than those supposedly going after him [or Biden] - afterall he's only been in politics a few years - his accusers have been taking bribes for twenty years or more.
    I don't think it's Trump they are after - I think they [certain Democrat factions] want Biden - and this is the best way to take Biden out of the race.
    If they were really after Biden they would have just got their media mates at the usual suspects to hammer him for the Ukraine thing and his son
    They ain't after Biden that much as they could have buried him with that as there is far more corruption going on there than any of the rumoured shit they are trying desperately to loosely associate to Trump

The Democrats don't want Biden as Presidental candidate because they know Trump would smash him
    He only there raising some cash for himself and playing the game