Page 43 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016/17 Squad Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Also anyone else think martin lee is playing the game a bit with regards to marquees, especially with the talk of ffa marquee fund becoming available to help draw some star power in?
    Im not sure when this fund comes into effect but maybe marty is thinking 'why should i pay the whole amount when i can get the ffa to pay a portion'.
    Either he doing the double bluff to keep expectation down for now by saying no Marquee with the intention of getting one as a surprise later or he just gonna pay the bills and we not getting shit.

Could be just a ruse but I backing we have a tight owner who won't be bringing Zlatan here

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    5 spots left. Gk (likely to be duncan), 2 imports (atleast one of them will be a striker), 2 under 20's left (joice likely to be one of them).
    So yeah either an under 20 leftback or possibly a foriegn leftback.
    I was under the impression that the 3 U/20s weren't included in the 23 man squad but you needed to have at least 3. I could be wrong, most likely I am
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Either he doing the double bluff to keep expectation down for now by saying no Marquee with the intention of getting one as a surprise later or he just gonna pay the bills and we not getting shit.

Could be just a ruse but I backing we have a tight owner who won't be bringing Zlatan here
    That's fine I don't want Zlatan, sure he would be nice but I want titles foremost.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Never the case in the aleague
    Must just be like that in FM... though I haven't played that in over a year, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I was under the impression that the 3 U/20s weren't included in the 23 man squad but you needed to have at least 3. I could be wrong, most likely I am
    You are thinking of the allowance for 3 x NYL players on pro contracts (like Lundy last year). That is outside the cap.

The 3 u20's is a squad requirement and inside the cap.

I think the u/20's are within the cap but just read somewhere that a mature age rookie can be outside the roster limit of 23.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Surely it will be Joice and GK in those spots with two foreign attackers in the remaining slots?
    If we are now signing Duncan then there is no need for a 3rd goalkeeper within the HAL squad.

The issues before was the budget allowed by the FFA was restricting us to 21 players. With Lee on board we seem to be heading for the full 23 man squad which allows us to sign Duncan and still sign the visas and u20's

Unless it's changed, I am pretty sure the squad is required to have 3 GK's so one of those U20's will be a GK.
    No it's always been 2 goalkeepers in the HAL squad. We can always call up the NYL keeper as we have done in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    You are thinking of the allowance for 3 x NYL players on pro contracts (like Lundy last year). That is outside the cap.

The 3 u20's is a squad requirement and inside the cap.
    That's it, cheers
    I'M GULLIBLE!

No it's always been 2 goalkeepers in the HAL squad. We can always call up the NYL keeper as we have done in the past.
    Even in FM? That's where all of my football knowledge is from anyway...

That's fine I don't want Zlatan, sure he would be nice but I want titles foremost.
    Zlatan is the man for titles, has won them at every club he has been at. Pretty sure that he has won League titles at all 7 of the professional clubs he has played at from Malmo to PSG, way more than Messi and Ronaldo.

442 is reporting we have agreed to terms with Duncan

442 is reporting we have agreed to terms with Duncan
    Anyone in the know on his progression (if any).
    I know he barely played for Perth and then benched it for Randers so he hasn't really played for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Anyone in the know on his progression (if any).
    I know he barely played for Perth and then benched it for Randers so he hasn't really played for 2 years.
    Different to BK how?

Different to BK how?
    Better Haircut?

With it being very quiet on the Birraz front, I'm thinking the demand overseas isn't there and I am half expecting an announcement of Perth getting him.

What are Perth's current keeper stocks?

Covicand some young guy thurtell??
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Covicand some young guy thurtell??
    Isn't Covic undecided?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    With it being very quiet on the Birraz front, I'm thinking the demand overseas isn't there and I am half expecting an announcement of Perth getting him.

What are Perth's current keeper stocks?
    Perth are linked with Reddy. Was in an article this morning, tacked onto something about some former Bundesliga youth player who is taking a punt on A-League interest and signing with Olympic or something.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/s...22-gppc64.html

Meanwhile, Perth Glory are understood to be in discussions to sign veteran goalkeeper Liam Reddy for next season after the 34-year-old was released from Western Sydney Wanderers. Should Reddy join the Glory it would be the seventh A-League club he has played for. Young Socceroos goalkeeper Jack Duncan was granted a release from Danish club Randers and is in discussions with Newcastle Jets.

Isn't Covic undecided?
    Is he? not sure he's still there player atm pretty sure. Is he considering retirement?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight