Thread: Afl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    the problem with the BBL is that it is an ongoing dilution of a sport that will eventually get 'boring' to its current audience.

yeah 20/20 is the business now (apparently) but so was 50 over before that and Shield Cricket before that.

Eventually there will be a 'super 15's or super 10's' spin off and eventually in the future 50,000 people will gather in a stadium to watch each team face one ball each them go home...........but man that one ball will be so freaking exciting.

Football has benefited from having a core set of rules/regulations that remain in place. the sport doesnt 'change' for the quick fix (thankfully the ****ing Yanks and their "bigger goals = more goals bullshit" didnt ever get off the ground).

AFL has done a similar thing with the whole 'super goal' concept getting mass pushback from coaches/players.

League has continually shot itself in the foot with rule changes/video interference that is always the biggest talking point after every game no matter what happens on field.

How many rules have changed in soccer in the last 50 years? backpass and maybe offside tinkering?

AFL is the biggest deal in the country, and is by far the best run sport. they will continue to strengthen while ever league and especially football are bogged down in their terrible governance.

I really like AFL, i don't have a team i just like the game. its a great time going to Melbourne for a big match, but like every sport, the bad can be downright awful.

Cant ever see an AFL team playing here. Newcastle would be so far down the pecking order.

Personally i think the City has done a great thing hitching itself to the V8 bandwagon. now theres a sport that knows what its doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    the problem with the BBL is that it is an ongoing dilution of a sport that will eventually get 'boring' to its current audience.

yeah 20/20 is the business now (apparently) but so was 50 over before that and Shield Cricket before that.

Eventually there will be a 'super 15's or super 10's' spin off and eventually in the future 50,000 people will gather in a stadium to watch each team face one ball each them go home...........but man that one ball will be so freaking exciting.

Football has benefited from having a core set of rules/regulations that remain in place. the sport doesnt 'change' for the quick fix (thankfully the ****ing Yanks and their "bigger goals = more goals bullshit" didnt ever get off the ground).

AFL has done a similar thing with the whole 'super goal' concept getting mass pushback from coaches/players.

League has continually shot itself in the foot with rule changes/video interference that is always the biggest talking point after every game no matter what happens on field.

How many rules have changed in soccer in the last 50 years? backpass and maybe offside tinkering?

AFL is the biggest deal in the country, and is by far the best run sport. they will continue to strengthen while ever league and especially football are bogged down in their terrible governance.

I really like AFL, i don't have a team i just like the game. its a great time going to Melbourne for a big match, but like every sport, the bad can be downright awful.

Cant ever see an AFL team playing here. Newcastle would be so far down the pecking order.

Personally i think the City has done a great thing hitching itself to the V8 bandwagon. now theres a sport that knows what its doing.