Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018/19 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    We also lost Jack Duncan. I feel that's a loss.
    If we didn't have Moss I would agree

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Riley scored a great goal but didn't do much else.
    yo.
    yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

im with you on lot of stuff but have to disagree here.

Mcgree and Ugaboogas combination dominated games last year. Their work in the middle made so much space for the front three and as solid as the Uga/Kanta combo was they didnt have the same mobility.
    granted it took a few games to get going but i think we'll miss him this year.

also, **** Riley McGree.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    yo.

Mcgree and Ugaboogas combination dominated games last year. Their work in the middle made so much space for the front three and as solid as the Uga/Kanta combo was they didnt have the same mobility.

also, **** Riley McGree.
    Agree 100%. He caused the same problems vs us in the FFA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    yo.

also, **** Riley McGree.

Personally I wasn't a huge fan of what he brought to us. But i'm not an expert and could be very wrong. Let's just agree that he isn't as big a loss as Nabbout.

He scored 3 goals against the Mariners, a worldie against City which was hugely important, and 1 more against Victory about a month earlier.

I am hoping that Ridenton can compliment Uga as a box to box midfielder and give Vargas more space to score those goals we will lose from McGree. Mcgree was a great dribbler but I didn't feel confident with him defensively.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

We also lost Jack Duncan. I feel that's a loss.
    I'm backing Moss to be as good as Duncan. If we can find a half decent 28 yr old back up keeper and give them a chance i'll be ok. If Moss gets injured we can bring back an older keeper as an injury replacement like we did last year.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Maybe we can convince the other Puskas award contenders that they will also score great goals in the A league if they come to the Jets now McGree is gone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Personally I wasn't a huge fan of what he brought to us. But i'm not an expert and could be very wrong. Let's just agree that he isn't as big a loss as Nabbout.

He scored 3 goals against the Mariners, a worldie against City which was hugely important, and 1 more against Victory about a month earlier.

I am hoping that Ridenton can compliment Uga as a box to box midfielder and give Vargas more space to score those goals we will lose from McGree. Mcgree was a great dribbler but I didn't feel confident with him defensively.
    Think you are talking out your arse on McGree

For a 19 year old kid there is a lot to like

He is a fantastic player for this league and I would rather we had him this year than everyone else in our club bar Griff Vargas and Dimi

Kid wont be staying in the HAL long time

He is a fantastic player for this league and I would rather we had him this year than everyone else in our club bar Griff Vargas and Dimi

I already admitted that my dislike was more a personal view than a logical one. I just didn't rate him as that important.

We will see how good he is this year and see if he moves on to bigger and better things.

Mcgree was the type of midfielder Newcastle had lacked since Nicky Carle. Massive loss for us this year!

Dont forget he is only here on loan from Club Brugge and is only here because they dont have room for another foreigner and they dont want to lose him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by foti68 View Post
    Dont forget he is only here on loan from Club Brugge and is only here because they dont have room for another foreigner and they dont want to lose him.
    I am surprised though that Bruge didnt have him do a pre season with them before letting him go to City

You would think a couple of months training in Belgium with better players be better for hm than training in Oz

It does put some question marks on how much they rate him if they sending him back sight unseen more or less without assessing his improvement levels

Quote Originally Posted by foti68 View Post
    Oh man I got so excited for a scoop when I seen that you posted in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    I could be wrong but I thought we extended Thurgate, meaning this year he stayed as a scholarship player but then moved onto a full time contract for next season. I could be wrong though, just how I interpreted it.
    Lawrie confirmed on Twitter that it's a 3 year full senior contract.

McGree moved to Melbourne to be closer to his girlfriend.

This is a club for men not soft cocks. I'm glad he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    McGree moved to Melbourne to be closer to his girlfriend.

This is a club for men not soft cocks. I'm glad he's gone.

I’m not too fussed about not getting McGree on loan.
    Unless Melb City get exclusive access to negotiate a contract if Brugge let him go, there’s not a lot of medium-long term benefit.
    Pay overs for a player that’s not yours, develop and say see ya later at the end of the season..doesn’t make a great deal of sense.
    If he was available to buy or for 2 years, then I’d be keen on him.

Anyway, where’s this striker?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Anyway, where’s this striker?
    Yeah, that "4-5 days" has turned in to 13 reeeeeeeal quick..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Yeah, that "4-5 days" has turned in to 13 reeeeeeeal quick..
    You guys are so impatient.

It's not like it's been 3 months or more of off-season for them to be looking for a player.
    It's not like they're trying to find a semi-decent player to fit into multiple roles, who won't be our "main striker".
    It's not like they're trying to find a foreign player on a tight budget.
    It's not like they're trying to find a player at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    You guys are so impatient.

It's not like it's been 3 months or more of off-season for them to be looking for a player.
    It's not like they're trying to find a semi-decent player to fit into multiple roles, who won't be our "main striker".
    It's not like they're trying to find a foreign player on a tight budget.
    It's not like they're trying to find a player at all.
    Shouldn't you be down in the snow?
    Get out of here and stop talking such sarcastic sense..

“We are looking into a few players of decent pedigree. Until a deal is done we won’t be announcing anything but be assured we are looking to bring in at least 1, if not 2, marquee caliber players who can play in the attacking third”

Vs

“We are looking to bring in a few players of decent pedigree. We are still finalising things but you can expect an announcement in 3-4 days time”

Most people, while impatient, don’t really expect It to happen overnight. But telling people it’ll be announced in a matter of days just puts pressure on and makes the fans question things if there’s nothing.