Page 123 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 3502

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

  1. #2441
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brügglifeld's Terraces, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,443
    Timo Werner ist ein Hurensohn
    Amigos Aarau

  2. #2442
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,908
    Hopefully this link works, but this dude does awesome deep dives on the 'business' of football.
    Here is a fascinating look at Liverpools financial results from last year (as well as some comparisons to prev years).
    Pretty much saying this is what happens when you get pretty much 'everything' on and off field right.
    Its certainly making out like Liverpool are an extremely well run club, and set up very well for a sustainable and profitable future.
    https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/stat...14490587570176
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  3. #2443
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,370
    In a game like that with 3 guys getting injured and Rashford limping all game have to say Salah and Mane were ****ing abysmal

    When you need your best to step up ......



    They offered what???

    1 shot at goal on target and 64% of the ball

    Might as well give City the trophy if their big names are gonna offer so little in the title run in
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  4. #2444
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,545
    We are not creative at all.
    4-3-3 has zapped us of our creativity. We need a plan B, and we have no CAM type player who can conjure something.
    We have our pace on the counter and the ability to absolutely rip them, but when teams sit back we have nothing.
    We were a better attacking team last year. Teams caught on to how we play and set up to stop that.

    Our starting 11 ain’t bad, but our subs are well below par.
    When you’re relying on Sturridge and Origi to win games as your leading striker... uh oh.

  5. #2445
    Disgusting from Henderson this morning. Captain gets subbed and doesn't even shake the manager's hand on his way off.

    Disgraceful. Should be sent to the youth team immediately and let go in the next transfer market.

  6. #2446
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Disgusting from Henderson this morning. Captain gets subbed and doesn't even shake the manager's hand on his way off.

    Disgraceful. Should be sent to the youth team immediately and let go in the next transfer market.
    Is this a joke? This seems like quality deflection from a Chelsea supporter after today's efforts.


    Plus... Henderson walked off pissed because he wanted to play and win away at Old Trafford. Klopp told him to come over and he did without argument, shook his hand, they each explained what happened, now it's done. This is how proper clubs sort this kind of thing out. They don't conspire to get rid of any manager that makes them do something other than what they like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  7. #2447
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    5,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Is this a joke? This seems like quality deflection from a Chelsea supporter after today's efforts.


    Plus... Henderson walked off pissed because he wanted to play and win away at Old Trafford. Klopp told him to come over and he did without argument, shook his hand, they each explained what happened, now it's done. This is how proper clubs sort this kind of thing out. They don't conspire to get rid of any manager that makes them do something other than what they like.
    Or take their 300 a week and happily sit on the bench

  8. #2448
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    469
    Up there with one of the worst games of football I’ve seen, and I watch most a league matches each week. Liverpool were dreadful, no spark from midfield, no input from attackers...we were lucky the mancs are rubbish and lacked a couple of their players.

    Seriously think klopp needs to address the front line reserves in the next window.

    But in saying all this still 1 point to of the league.....wouldn’t swap our spot for anyone else’s.

  9. #2449
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,322
    Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    Seriously think klopp needs to address the front line reserves in the next window.
    He had Shaqiri on the bench who was exactly what they needed today to break down a deep defensive line. He has Sturridge to add more movement against slower/mid table defenses. Plus he has Origi if it gets too physical for Firmino. There's nothing wrong with their back up options. Klopp just made the wrong choice in bringing on Sturridge in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  10. #2450
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    He had Shaqiri on the bench who was exactly what they needed today to break down a deep defensive line. He has Sturridge to add more movement against slower/mid table defenses. Plus he has Origi if it gets too physical for Firmino. There's nothing wrong with their back up options. Klopp just made the wrong choice in bringing on Sturridge in the end.
    Dont know about that

    His midfield is workman like and he doesnt have a lot of depth up front

    Tactically Klopp needs some adjustment as teams are just sitting back now and saying well what else have you got and they are being found wanting
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  11. #2451
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    5,368
    What softies we have become....Graeme Souness and Michael Owen attacked on the socials. Souness for doing something Clough, Shankly, Atkinson and others have done countless times. Owen for suggesting something Muscat made a career out of.

  12. #2452
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,322
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Dont know about that

    His midfield is workman like and he doesnt have a lot of depth up front

    Tactically Klopp needs some adjustment as teams are just sitting back now and saying well what else have you got and they are being found wanting
    I'll simplify the exact point you are trying to make. Liverpool need to sign a CAM.


    My point was related to forwards. They have enough forwards for 3 spots. I 100% agree their midfielders are all different versions of the same player (tireless/good in the tackle/tactically smart/sideways passes).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  13. #2453
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    What softies we have become....Graeme Souness and Michael Owen attacked on the socials. Souness for doing something Clough, Shankly, Atkinson and others have done countless times. Owen for suggesting something Muscat made a career out of.
    **** Souness. He is a deadset idiot and seems to forgotten everything he used to know about football.

    Owen was being a bit rich considering he was a striker and not exactly the strongest striker in his day.

    Happy for both of them to be chased around twitter all day, both are wankers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  14. #2454
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,916,319
    loss or draw against Watford will see the inevitable happen

  15. #2455
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,908
    not only are they NOT going to win the title. they dont deserve it.
    not even in the same stratosphere as Citeh.
    woeful performances when it matters most.

    fold the club.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  16. #2456
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,370
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    not only are they NOT going to win the title. they dont deserve it.
    not even in the same stratosphere as Citeh.
    woeful performances when it matters most.

    fold the club.
    Reminded me of the Jets

    Best part though is that they have trolled their fans for so long

    I was hoping the wheels would have come off in a few weeks time
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  17. #2457
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,908
    they had probably $100m worth of midfielders out there last night in Fabinho and the dutch bloke* and they refused to even pass them the ball in attack. They were either booting long ball after long ball to the front guys or getting the 2 fullbacks to run around Everton to attack.
    I watched Barca/Madrid the other morning, and Pique had more poise and ability than the 3 of them put together and he had the 3 x times Euro champs chasing him around, not ****ing Everton.

    what am embarrassing show that was last night. English football might think its all that, but jesus if they are your potential champions then you need help.

    it would also not surprise me that a sell off happens in the off season, they'll sell Salah, Mane and Virgil because it will be good business.


    also, i understand sending your 'tall timber' up front for set pieces, but why bother with Matip? He cant head the ball, and he was actually getting in peoples way on rebounds. hes better off not being there and leaving the space for the actual footballers to work in. Virgil is a blindingly good centreback though, but hes the one world class player in that squad. that aint enough to win you a title.

    maybe next year then.






    *yes, by leaving him out im valuing Henderson at roughly worth about 25c.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  18. #2458
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    5,102
    It's not their fault. The wind was blowing both ways. Can't beat the wind

  19. #2459
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,950
    I'm starting to wonder whether the pressure of all of this is getting to Klopp. The bits and pieces I've seen, his mannerisms on the sideline shows very little "happy smiling Klopp" of earlier in the season.

    Goals celebrations and reactions aren't joyous. They're more a steely intensity. It doesn't reflect a calmness anymore, a freedom even. It's like everything has unrelenting pressure attached to it because it has to be 100% perfect - there is no room for error.

    The players have to be picking up on these vibes and I wonder whether that's affecting their finishing recently.

    Just a theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  20. #2460
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,908
    as inconsistent as he is, it was telling today that having lallananallla in the team today was much better than having Henderson in the team.

    also, Firminho is the only one of the front three who puts a foot on the ball and tries to play.
    Mane just fires away and in the form hes in its understandable.

    but Salah tried the same trick every time and had the same result every time.

    Burnley were ****ing horrible, and their 1st goal was a joke.

    relegate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •