Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
Would agree there WLG.I severely doubt any of these so called squaddies are on the minimum wage or even close to it
Thinking about it some more, how long have BK, Regan and Pepper been at the club? BK 6 years, Regan 5, Pepper 4? Or something like that? Sure, they more than likely were on minimum wage to begin with. But when you see the likes of Jesic, etc being put on 130k by Branko, and take into account inflation, and take into account length of service, bump-ups for captaincy and milestone appearances, contract-renewal bonuses, and think about the fact that potentially some years the lower-end players' contracts were bumped up so we met a certain minimum-cap-usage or something like that. If the likes of BK, Regan & Pepper aren't all on at least 80k by now (what, 25k above minimum for a senior?) I'll be extremely surprised. Hell, if they're each on less than 100k I'll be surprised tbh.

And that's nothing agaisnt those three personally - that's just the nature of the workforce, in my attempted-sensical-thinking.