Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 1903

Thread: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    If they continued that style and Ollie didnt work on his voice he wouldnt have a voice left, He was using bad technique for years apparently
    Well yeah, and admittedly they probably wouldn't be anywhere near as big or popular as they are now either..
    The whole "sellout" argument that's been going on forever with bands..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Well yeah, and admittedly they probably wouldn't be anywhere near as big or popular as they are now either..
    The whole "sellout" argument that's been going on forever with bands..
    That's just a copout from salty fans on the most part IMO, But then if you don't change it up you get bands like Nickleback who get hated anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

That's just a copout from salty fans on the most part IMO, But then if you don't change it up you get bands like Nickleback who get hated anyway
    You reckon? I don't know.. Bands can change their style without being considered sell-outs..

Nickelback, I'm not defending them. I don't rate their music, but they are successful. I don't know who, but someone is buying their fvcking albums..
    I would say people (at least, in my circle of friends) hate Nickelback for a lot of reasons, like their style, their songs, their attitude, their crap picture frame clip, their look, the singer and his poodle haircut, being best friends with Pantera but not being heavy, haha the list goes on and on..
    People wouldn't necessarily hate on them for sounding the same on every album cause the Foo Fighters are damn successful and pretty widely loved..

You reckon? I don't know.. Bands can change their style without being considered sell-outs..

Nickelback, I'm not defending them. I don't rate their music, but they are successful. I don't know who, but someone is buying their fvcking albums..
    I would say people (at least, in my circle of friends) hate Nickelback for a lot of reasons, like their style, their songs, their attitude, their crap picture frame clip, their look, the singer and his poodle haircut, being best friends with Pantera but not being heavy, haha the list goes on and on..
    People wouldn't necessarily hate on them for sounding the same on every album cause the Foo Fighters are damn successful and pretty widely loved..
    Foo Fighters change it up though. Maybe not dramatically but enough to make each album fresh IMO
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Foo Fighters change it up though. Maybe not dramatically but enough to make each album fresh IMO
    AC/DC have been making the same album since 1975. As Angus said - it paid the bills.

Bring me the Horizon got to the top by always jumping off a scene right before it dies out and wherever they end up is almost always the next big thing. Jumped from Deathcore to Postcore to Alternative Hardcore and then to basically Pop Metal on the latest album. They have continued to polarise their older fanbases but keep finding new fans every album.

Whereas bands like Foo Fighters stayed exactly where they started and honed that sound for a few decades. (Although they did just record a Bowie style dance rock album, lmao, so even they got bored of it eventually.)

Both are huge, but took different approaches. I'd say whatever keeps you getting paid is the best way to keep you making music if that's what you want to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Is this the worst song ever created? It must at absolute least be close to the top (bottom) of the pile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

Is this the worst song ever created? It must at absolute least be close to the top (bottom) of the pile.
    I'm 47 seconds in, and already loving it.. You disappoint me Mr Baggins, I was expecting a LOT worse..
    It's so bad that it's amazing.. haha

White-trash Bodycount with an attempt at Steel Panther lyrics?
    Last edited by Bon; 25-11-2021 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

Trump should have used this for his election campaign.

I like it - guitar kicks arse.

New song out from Nekrogoblikon..
    Taking silly comedic goblin-metal to the next level..
    (If the odd stuff isn't for you Stanny, skip straight to 3:10 to get to some tasty riffs, hahaha)

The wiggles how good

Good Things line up looks good

love at first sight

New Mastodon song is awesome..

Good Things line up looks good
    Yeah, doesn't look too bad Stanny!
    I think it would only be Gojira getting me to fork out for it though.. also interested to hear Punk in Drublic in its entirety..
    Perhaps the low chance that Deftones might play some old stuff too.. or maybe even to see what Soulfly have been doing for the last 20 years..

Silent Planet and Currents will be playing at the Cambo this Saturday night..
    Perfect timing to head on over after the Jets game..
    I expect to see you there Stanny...

Silent Planet and Currents will be playing at the Cambo this Saturday night..
    Perfect timing to head on over after the Jets game..
    I expect to see you there Stanny...

Sadly work weekends these days so will be going home after Jets game, Plus short of dosh after selling my left kidney for blink tickets this week. Was defs keen for silent planet, Ive heard abit of them and digging it so far

love at first sight

Well as I said on the Jetstream (or will say when it releases tomorrow morning) I fell down a rabbit hole in the offseason on yewwtube of reaction videos of overseas people to our aussie artists. I am someone whose musical tastes are very wide ranging, but must admit I think I underappreciated at the time how good we had it here in the 80's and 90's with our bands and singers. I was too busy being into TripleJ alternative stuff (and EDM/trance/electronica) at the time to give more than a passing interest to the more rock stuff.

If you want to lose yourself in people being absolutely blown away by John Farnham - search for the reaction videos on his performance of Help that he did live with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. I didnt really came across it until recently and Ive never appreciated the vocal range that man has. He really should have been a worldwide star except he didnt want to be away from his family.
    Then again, the American record labels apparently "couldnt do anything" with either him or Barnsey. Stupid.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Been on a Fear Factory and Devin Townsend binge lately and these guys kept randomizing on Spotify radio after a playlist was done. I'm very happy to have stumbled upon them although its a bit late as they have recently broken up.

I looked through the thread and noticed they were mentioned like 10 years ago a few times....if only I had seen it earlier.

Not actually a musical question per se but who would be the modern-day equivalent of Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. Not musically but as the band or performer name on a t-shirt worn by some mong that couldn't name more than three songs by that band or performer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Not actually a musical question per se but who would be the modern-day equivalent of Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. Not musically but as the band or performer name on a t-shirt worn by some mong that couldn't name more than three songs by that band or performer.
    Definitely bands like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Rolling Stones and Nirvana.. Actually, i realise these probably aren't the "modern day" equivalents that you might mean.
    Pretty sure they sell shirts like that in your K-Mart or Jay Jays or places like that which are pretty accessible for your average Joe..
    It also doesn't help when you see articles online like "the new celebrity trend, band tees!" (google it)

I remember a few years back, being in the Cambo and saw a chick with a Blind Guardian shirt on.. My mate (who was a big fan of theirs) proceeded to grill her about her fave songs and then went mental when she had no idea who they were.. haha