Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 1903

Thread: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I'd like to hear these bands without all the protools and digital plugins bullshit. It's starting to sound like bubblegum pop for teenage girls.

Are you saying this song sounds like bubblegum pop for girls?

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Are you saying this song sounds like bubblegum pop for girls?
    Sorry Stanny, but yes.. It is..

Unfortunate that someone from IKTPQ passed though (played a few shows with them back in the day, good dudes.. Unlike Amity)

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    These blokes can certainly play. Not fussed on the vocals though - but people my age in the 1970's didn't think much about Led Zeppelin either.
    I've been waiting for you to come back to the Music section Dunster!

You got any other early prog style bands to recommend? Along the lines of Yes or Can? Really enjoying that stuff atm..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Sorry Stanny, but yes.. It is..

Unfortunate that someone from IKTPQ passed though (played a few shows with them back in the day, good dudes.. Unlike Amity)
    Can you explain why? I've heard plenty of garbage pop music through my work and don't understand how this Amity track sounds like that

Can you explain why? I've heard plenty of garbage pop music through my work and don't understand how this Amity track sounds like that
    Ahhh mate.. I didn't mean to sound so negative about it..
    I think it's the highly glossed production (which isn't necessarily always a bad thing) combined with the standard basic Amity songwriting formula of melody, angry metal riffs, whiny melody, angry riffs and screaming, high clean whinging melody, breakdown for the kids, finish with melody.. etc etc..

In the end, if you enjoy it and really dig it, thats awesome, go for it.. It's just not for me.
    (I realise a LOT of the music that I post isn't for everyone, which is fine.. Kind of like Grim with his Disc Golf posts.. hahaha)

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Wow.

Ahhh mate.. I didn't mean to sound so negative about it..
    I think it's the highly glossed production (which isn't necessarily always a bad thing) combined with the standard basic Amity songwriting formula of melody, angry metal riffs, whiny melody, angry riffs and screaming, high clean whinging melody, breakdown for the kids, finish with melody.. etc etc..

In the end, if you enjoy it and really dig it, thats awesome, go for it.. It's just not for me.
    (I realise a LOT of the music that I post isn't for everyone, which is fine.. Kind of like Grim with his Disc Golf posts.. hahaha)
    Fair enough, makes sense when you put it like that, I was very late to the Amity train didnt really listen to em until their last album so probs why I love their new stuff soo much
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Wow.
    Shots fired
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

This thread needs more Scottish rock.

I've been waiting for you to come back to the Music section Dunster!

You got any other early prog style bands to recommend? Along the lines of Yes or Can? Really enjoying that stuff atm..
    Genesis - Selling England by the Pound

Genesis - Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
    King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King
    King Crimson - Red
    Jethro Tull - Stand Up
    Last edited by The Dunster; 23-09-2021 at 03:51 PM.

Jethro Tull - We Used to Know. Apparently No member of the Eagles had ever heard this song. I don't believe them.

Jethro Tull are fantastic. I remember listening to Thick as a Brick as a kid and my dad had this amazing brand new record player where the arm went UNDERNEATH. Good times.

Excellent work Dunster and Grim..
    I've got some listening to do tonight, perhaps combined with some drinks or other 'music enhancer'.. haha
    Biffy Clyro - I've heard the name, but never given them a go..
    Am very well aware of King Crimson.. Love their stuff.. One of my biggest regrets was not seeing them live in Munich on my last night in Germany a few years back..
    I grew up listening to a lot of Jethro Tull on vinyl (My Dad was a big fan when younger I think).. I've got an LP here that I picked up for a $1 somewhere..

I've taken a departure from my usual stuff and today am listening to the 6.5 hour marathon that is "Feel Flows" The Sunflower & Surf's Up Sessions 1969-1971 (Super Deluxe).
    Not that I ever had a voice like anyone in The Beach Boys but I wish I hadn't given in to school bullying and stuck with choir and singing.

Fair enough, makes sense when you put it like that, I was very late to the Amity train didnt really listen to em until their last album so probs why I love their new stuff soo much
    Just out of curiosity, Stanny..
    Are you a Bring Me The Horizon fan??

Just out of curiosity, Stanny..
    Are you a Bring Me The Horizon fan??
    Yeah I am, Love everything sepiternal onwards and bits and pieces of stuff before that, That's the spirit is a masterpiece as is the concert and the royall albert hall
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Yeah I am, Love everything sepiternal onwards and bits and pieces of stuff before that, That's the spirit is a masterpiece as is the concert and the royall albert hall
    I knew it!!!!
    From what few singles I've heard, I haven't liked anything after "Count Your Blessings". I absolutely loved their first EP "This Is What The Edge Of Your Seat Is Made For", some good early deathcore..
    From where they started to where they are now is just an immense leap in musical style - which some would argue is good. (I wouldn't, haha)

I knew it!!!!
    From what few singles I've heard, I haven't liked anything after "Count Your Blessings". I absolutely loved their first EP "This Is What The Edge Of Your Seat Is Made For", some good early deathcore..
    From where they started to where they are now is just an immense leap in musical style - which some would argue is good. (I wouldn't, haha)
    If they continued that style and Ollie didnt work on his voice he wouldnt have a voice left, He was using bad technique for years apparently

love at first sight