Page 39 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Yeah i did because even though they always change style, It was interesting and sounded fresh. This just sounds boring and uninspired
    Pretty sure I've only heard their first two albums, so I shouldn't comment too much..
    My roommate and I have extremely different tastes in music, but often I get exposed to more Linkin Park than I'm used to.. haha
    Whenever we are playing ping-pong/bitchgoblets/skittletits (drinking games on the pong table) there is usually music on in the background and we have ONLY JUST come to a happy medium which is usually Muse or Foo Fighters (although I like the old, and he likes the new)..
    Everything else is too heavy for him, or too radio for me..
    Swings and roundabouts, innit..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Pretty sure I've only heard their first two albums, so I shouldn't comment too much..
    My roommate and I have extremely different tastes in music, but often I get exposed to more Linkin Park than I'm used to.. haha
    Whenever we are playing ping-pong/bitchgoblets/skittletits (drinking games on the pong table) there is usually music on in the background and we have ONLY JUST come to a happy medium which is usually Muse or Foo Fighters (although I like the old, and he likes the new)..
    Everything else is too heavy for him, or too radio for me..
    Swings and roundabouts, innit..
    Muse and Foo fighters are really good. The Foos are amazing live as well
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Mignight Oil with a massive tour planned.... (I will be in Sweden, not my usual switzerland when they have a gig here)
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Mignight Oil with a massive tour planned.... (I will be in Sweden, not my usual switzerland when they have a gig here)
    I hope they play all the old surf tone songs rather than the political shit they started from 10to1 onward. We used to see them at War and Peace at Parramatta in the late 70's and they were untouchable as a live act back then.

Last edited by The Dunster; 17-02-2017 at 07:49 PM.

Often have a peak at this and other late 70's aussie bands on the tube. the catchy riff during the verse yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Often have a peak at this and other late 70's aussie bands on the tube. the catchy riff during the verse yeah.
    Kevin Borich Express, Matt Taylor / Chain, The Saints, Radio Birdman, Dragon... the golden years of Aussie music.

Hey Grim, you see the latest "Making of - Part 3" for the new Mastodon album?
    The teaser riff for the song Andromeda.. My balls are about to fizzzzzzzzz...

Fancy spending all that money on guitars and amps only to saturate it with so much processed distortion you wouldn't be able to tell a Marshall from a Matchless or a Gibson from a Squier.

I even saw a Black Face Super Reverb in the shot - I own one - it's not for metal - unless you connect it to a pedal or two - which makes me ask again ? What's the point?

Hand these blokes a BC Rich and a Rectifier like a Mesa Boogie please and leave the nice instruments to those that actually need them.

Don't get me wrong - I think these blokes are good. But what a waste of gear.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 22-02-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Fancy spending all that money on guitars and amps only to saturate it with so much distortion you wouldn't be able to tell a Marshall from a Matchless or a Gibson from a Squier.
    Hahaha.. It's not all distorted Dunster.. Just the tough bits..
    I love your view on it though.. (no sarcasm from me at all!)

I agree that some bands do go over the top with a heap of unnecessary sh!t, but to simplify these guys to a BC Rich and Mesa Boogie is a bit much.. (I see it all the time around the place, dudes with 6 string basses that only play one string on it )
    I don't think all of the gear is actually theirs either, I am assuming its mainly the studios, however could be wrong (Whenever I've had to record, we have had to use our own instruments with studio/producer/personal gear, haha)..

I'm not sure how much of their stuff that you have listened to apart from these 5 minute snippets, but there is a LOT more to them than just open note distorted chugs or gutteral growls..
    While not having a clip, I kinda feel this song is a massive "walk in the bush" for them and just constantly changes (not so manic or insane as a Mr Bungle sort of thing, but definitely progressively)

Last edited by Bon; 22-02-2017 at 04:03 PM.

I think I'd throw Mastodon into the Prog Rock genre more so than simply Heavy Metal. If Black Sabbath and King Crimson spawned a child it would probably be a lot like Mastadon. That vocal sounds a lot like early Ozzie Osborne.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    keen
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Hey Grim, you see the latest "Making of - Part 3" for the new Mastodon album?
    The teaser riff for the song Andromeda.. My balls are about to fizzzzzzzzz...

That is ****ing lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Got tickets to Sydney and Hunter Valley. Stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Got tickets to Sydney and Hunter Valley. Stoked.
    Would there be any atmosphere at Hope Estate though given the venue and the wine sipping f-wits you would be surrounded by ?

Oils were always best in a small venue which held 500 or less when you were ripped off yer tits on micro dots.

Prices are not too bad though.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 24-02-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Would there be any atmosphere at Hope Estate though given the venue and the wine sipping f-wits you would be surrounded by ?

Oils were always best in a small venue which held 500 or less when you were ripped off yer tits on micro dots.

I'm planning on wearing 2 jumpers & spraying beer all over myself to make sure I get the proper Oils experience (yes,seriously) at Hope Estate

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    I'm planning on wearing 2 jumpers & spraying beer all over myself to make sure I get the proper Oils experience (yes,seriously) at Hope Estate
    Perfect.

I remember going to the Oils on the Redneck Wonderland tour at the Workers Club.
    Mental.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Probably my most hated band ever.

Actually might be tied with Cold Chisel.

Either way, I think they are garbage.

the intro to US Forces is a banger tho

tell ya what tho old man dunster is right on something, radio birdman and the saints are deadset bloody national treasures on a clive palmer scale