Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emerging Jets Job

Emerging Jets Job

Heard that GVE has secured the job .......... shock - not !!

Conformation from Northern.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

It was supposed to be announced last week. I wonder what the delay was.

Not knowing the full recruitment process I cant really comment but it would be great to know who also applied and I guess more importantly who else was approached by them about the post.

I guess with confidentiality agreements etc we simple fans wont get to know that but my gut instinct is very negative towards this having been a fair and proper process.

In all fairness GVE like him or not is well and truly qualified for the position.
    -Former NSL assistant Coach
    -Former A-League assistant Coach
    -Former AIS Head Coach
    Former A-League Head Coach

I can't see anyone else with better credentials applying for the job.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    In all fairness GVE like him or not is well and truly qualified for the position.
    -Former AIS Head Coach

Agreed extremely well qualified - My posts was simply about how open the process perhaps was thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by NewFM 2014 View Post
    Agreed extremely well qualified - My posts was simply about how open the process perhaps was thats all.
    Fair point it's been the worst keep secret that he was getting the job.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

why does it need to be open? this is a private company, they can hire anybody they want using any process they want. may not be the best way forward for the company, but they can drive the company into the ground any which way they wish.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    why does it need to be open? this is a private company, they can hire anybody they want using any process they want. may not be the best way forward for the company, but they can drive the company into the ground any which way they wish.
    Wow amazing how people read a post but then reply with something totally different and not consistent to the topic ....

I am sorry but who said on this thread that it must be OPEN ? I think you will find we / I were discussing how it would have been interesting as fans to know who else was in line for the job and also that due to confidentiality we simply would never find this information out .....

And regarding your other point - agreed they are doing a very very good job off driving thus private company (as you put it) into the ground and I have every faith that they will continue to do so.

I am sorry but who said on this thread that it must be OPEN ? I think you will find we / I were discussing how it would have been interesting as fans to know who else was in line for the job and also that due to confidentiality we simply would never find this information out ...
    happy to concede the point if that is what you were discussing, but to be fair, you did say this...

My posts was simply about how open the process perhaps was thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    happy to concede the point if that is what you were discussing, but to be fair, you did say this...

Thats ok mate no worries. My point i think is fair and for its worth I dont think GVE is a terrible appointment for this type of role - he is certainly qualified for the post , i just question how much of a stitch up it was thats all.

If they ever said the process was to be open and transparent.... Which I think they did, then the process needed to be open and transparent.

However who would want the world knowing they went for a job, and didn't get it. So long as the people who applied or wanted to apply feel the process was fair there's not much to complain about I guess.

Good appointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Banned
    ****ing DISGRACE

This bloke needs to be kept as far the **** away from any kids in this area.
    The bloke has NFI

Hopefully Griffo scores a hatty this week and Farina gets sacked and GVE gets the Smurfs top job

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    -Former AIS Head Coach

It aint about the x's and o's, its about the Jims and Joes.

a very wise mentor once taught me that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

****ing DISGRACE

This bloke needs to be kept as far the **** away from any kids in this area.
    The bloke has NFI

Hopefully Griffo scores a hatty this week and Farina gets sacked and GVE gets the Smurfs top job
    agree
    You know who would have been great for this position....Kasey Wehrman!
    He is involved with the Roar Youth team now but when he was here he was coaching some NNSW (u13/14's) side that used to play down Sydney mid-week. From what I heard the kids loved him and the parents spoke very highly of the way he handled himself and treated the kids. Just from the way he played you knew the bloke had a good football brain....but now we are stuck with Van Ego developing the Youth of this region....way to go Palmer, Middleby and co!

The position was advertised and the candidate selected by a panel with representation from northern, the jets and FFA. Apparently he was the best candidate that applied.

Only short term anyways. He said he regards himself as a first team coach in the A League so first chance to go back to that he will do a runner on the Emerging Jets.

Lets just hope that comes soon for the sake of the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Porett View Post
    The position was advertised and the candidate selected by a panel with representation from northern, the jets and FFA. Apparently he was the best candidate that applied.
    For me that's half the problem for a position such as this they should be head hunting someone not just taking whatever unemployed reject puts their hand up to avoid the centrelink queues until another head coaching position becomes vacant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

The Emerging Jets program reminds me of a turtle head... you know the turd that you can't quite squeeze back in? Now it's a fully fledged steaming pile of turd with GVE getting the glitter ready.