Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans rep committee (discussion allowed) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeen View Post
    Thats way too much effort for the club to deal with. You've just handed them an idea that really should've been implemented yonks ago. Nup sorry, nexxxxxt
    yeah ive had this idea for ever but thought it would be a bit silly. now that Plague Jnr has started playing its been a real eye opener as to how much fun these little dudes have every weekend, and just how organised and hard working the local clubs are. to reward them and at the same time give the kids an even bigger reason to play football should be something the Jets are actively chasing. sadly though, my little dude has met more Jets at dineaway that he has through any official channels.

oh and to be totally fair, every time my little dude has approached any of the Jets they have been so great to him. always saying hello, high fiving (Heskey and Tiago gave him large ones) to craig goodwin crawling under a rack at coles to retrieve his toy car. they are a great group of embassadors for our city i just wish the club would showcase that a bit more.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Big Issue Sort the shit out with that dickhead on the PA and **** the music off and **** off anything they do with the way the club ****s around with noise hindering NTUA.

This needs to be got right.
    ^ agree...... And at least if PA bloke still yapping just before NTUA starts maybe he should urge the crowd to put their scarf up above their head and sing along........
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

A few years ago some guys on the southern hill started regularly brining inflatables to the last home game. We promoted it a bit in theJetstream. I think we pushed for a 'retro' day too.... And the club ran the old boys day last season.

I reckon regular themed match days that let the crowd have fun might be a good culture to build. Not one each week, but significant games each year, like 1st home game, last home game, etc

I'm thinking of suggesting that 'inflatables day' should be a permanent event on the last home game.
    And that 'old boys' day also needs to be a regular fixture.

Thouhts?

Old boys day yes. Very very much so
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Big Issue Sort the shit out with that dickhead on the PA and **** the music off and **** off anything they do with the way the club ****s around with noise hindering NTUA.

This needs to be got right.

Have a real go member. But yes i do agree.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    A few years ago some guys on the southern hill started regularly brining inflatables to the last home game. We promoted it a bit in theJetstream. I think we pushed for a 'retro' day too.... And the club ran the old boys day last season.

I reckon regular themed match days that let the crowd have fun might be a good culture to build. Not one each week, but significant games each year, like 1st home game, last home game, etc

I'm thinking of suggesting that 'inflatables day' should be a permanent event on the last home game.

Thouhts?
    You just want SD to bring a blow up pool.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post

Thouhts?
    I'll have to check but i'm pretty sure that Men of Football plan to have their old boys day on the last home game of each season.

I think we should look at how baseball does opening day in the US. We don't have to do it exactly like that but I like the idea because it tries to set a tone for the season and welcome the supporters back to the stadium. The idea is to turn the precinct around the stadium into a bit of a festive atmosphere, maybe stalls, bands, temporary bars etc.

Have sent my agenda items through:
    Supporters Forums, increase Jets visibility in Newy & Hunter area, coaching clinics, pregame stuff (inc ground announcer)
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Have sent my agenda items through:
    Supporters Forums, increase Jets visibility in Newy & Hunter area, coaching clinics, pregame stuff (inc ground announcer)
    There is a distinct lack of pools in your agenda items.
    OK

I also mentioned inflatables day, forgot to put that down
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

last one from me

last 2 home games (results maybe have something to do with it) a lot of players have trudged around the field and just clapped from a distance and than gone straight up the tunnel. the kids of today already have to support a poor on the field performance team the least they could get is a photo and a high five. i also saw a select few go straight up the tunnel without going round.

take griff for example bloke did the whole field took every photo and signed every autograph.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    last one from me

last 2 home games (results maybe have something to do with it) a lot of players have trudged around the field and just clapped from a distance and than gone straight up the tunnel. the kids of today already have to support a poor on the field performance team the least they could get is a photo and a high five. i also saw a select few go straight up the tunnel without going round.

take griff for example bloke did the whole field took every photo and signed every autograph.
    Thanks Body. The agenda item for tonight's meeting has already been submitted and I don't believe it was on Gaz's and definitely not on mine. If it's not raised tonight, we'll raise it next meeting or if the opportunity arises.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

NTUA was given a better run before the game. A few people around me took it up. I think its good to have the MC rev up the crowd for it until people get used to singing it.

The only issue was that we were singing it and waiting for the players to walk out the tunnel, but they didn't come out and by that time most people, including me had lost interest. They need to coordinate the song with the player entrance so that the players are walking out just as the first verse is being sung. It's too late by the time you get to the sax solo.

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    NTUA was given a better run before the game. A few people around me took it up. I think its good to have the MC rev up the crowd for it until people get used to singing it.

The only issue was that we were singing it and waiting for the players to walk out the tunnel, but they didn't come out and by that time most people, including me had lost interest. They need to coordinate the song with the player entrance so that the players are walking out just as the first verse is being sung. It's too late by the time you get to the sax solo.
    I think the walk out is based on the TV, isn't it?

i know on field performances aren't up for discussion

but just sneak in some griff for captain coach any chance you get

thanks

Hail Body!

They did try by starting the song a second time when the players came out.

It was a much better effort from the club, just need to work on the timing.

But the crap music in the lead up to the game either needs to go, or be turned down.

the mc bloke just can't stop talking, honestly cut the music, and let the atmosphere look after itself.

i was in the ground for the whole hour before kickoff and it was terrible

this is why people only arrive 5 mins before kickoff.

Hail Body!

did they play NTUA at half time as well or was I hearing things?

Banned

I dont think we should need to coordinate this. Besides its too tricky with tv lineups.

We should sing it knowing the players are about to come then we can cheer them as they come out. O/S teams put their anthem on pregame no worries.