Page 29 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Yeah isn't it funny, in hindsight Middleby was really keeping a sinking ship reasonably we balanced in comparison to now!
    Tinklers scorched earth policy he is operating on does not in anyway make Middleby look more competent.

I will point out the other side here.

If Middleby could have ran the club well Tinkler would have been able to sell the club for better value than is currently available and would most likely have ****ed off by now.

Our shitfest is the culmination of many factors. A hell of a lot of them that could have been avoided if we had competent CEO the last few years

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    If Middleby could have ran the club well Tinkler would have been able to sell the club for better value than is currently available and would most likely have ****ed off by now.

Our shitfest is the culmination of many factors. A hell of a lot of them that could have been avoided if we had competent CEO the last few years
    Maybe he could have run the club well, if Tinkler hadn't actually have been so involved previously. Don't kid yourself that he has only just stepped in.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Maybe he could have run the club well, if Tinkler hadn't actually have been so involved previously. Don't kid yourself that he has only just stepped in.
    Yep his efforts at Nth Qld Fury prove what a great administrator he is.

Yep his efforts at Nth Qld Fury prove what a great administrator he is.
    I thought Dean Hassall was their CEO and Middleby had a lesser role (football chief) in the club after he finished as a player?

In their second season Rabieh Krayem was CEO. Middleby never had that job in the club. Not sure even you can hang the Fury's demise on his head.
    Last edited by sammydog; 06-02-2015 at 09:40 AM.

Banned
    Not hanging their demise on his head. Their failing was down to a lack of capitalisation coupled with FFA failings with expansion.

I just would like someone to list all Middleby's notable achievements whilst in football admin.

You should be able to compile a nice long list to convince me I am wrong and incorrect in my assessment that as a football administrator his qualities are lacking

I just would like someone to list all Middleby's notable achievements whilst in football admin.
    - brought Griff back
    - brought E&C back

I don't need any longer a list tbh. Btw - esad to the 24% who didn't vote E&C.
    OK

Not hanging their demise on his head. Their failing was down to a lack of capitalisation coupled with FFA failings with expansion.

You should be able to compile a nice long list to convince me I am wrong and incorrect in my assessment that as a football administrator his qualities are lacking
    Now if you can list (not from pure speculation) things that he was proven to do wrong?
    Im not saying he is this great administrator. I didn't want him as much as the next bloke (unless that next bloke was you), he was under qualified for such a position. All im saying is if you look at how things have panned out and he didn't do as bad a job as we though. That's not to say he did some bang up job and is the best in the world, so please so take it like that.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Now if you can list (not from pure speculation) things that he was proven to do wrong?
    Im not saying he is this great administrator. I didn't want him as much as the next bloke (unless that next bloke was you), he was under qualified for such a position. All im saying is if you look at how things have panned out and he didn't do as bad a job as we though. That's not to say he did some bang up job and is the best in the world, so please so take it like that.
    Regardless of whether he was responsible for crap decisions over the years, as you said he was under qualified for the position and am glad he is not there anymore. We need someone with ALOT more knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    We need someone with ALOT more knowledge
    which means a lot more money, which tinkler won't give/doesn't have.

Banned
    How things have panned out have no ****ing bearing at all on being in Middleby's accomplishments or are a feather in his cap for holding the place together. Tinkler/Stubbins have deadest lost the plot in the last 3-4 weeks and the fallout from their crazy spell has nothing to do with Middleby at all.

If we had a solid club run well making the top 6 occasionally and being competitive etc do you think this insanity from Tinkler and Stubbins occurs??

The failings of the solid club go back to the money squandered under Middleby's watch with **** all return for Tinkler.

Mitchell Murphy is the new CEO..

New CEO

The Newcastle Jets have appointed Mitchell Murphy as their new Chief Executive Officer.

Mr Murphy is a former CEO of Football Federation Victoria (FFV).

During his tenure at FFV, Murphy delivered a significant turnaround of financial performance, successfully implemented the state’s National Premier League competition, and was a key architect of Melbourne Victory’s Westfield W-League 2014 Grand Final triumph.

Murphy has a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from RMIT and has completed the Australian Institute of Company Directors course.

He has a close affinity to football, with teenage son Samuel a current South Coast regional youth league representative player, while his niece, Matildas’ star Katrina Gorry, is the reigning AFC Women’s Player of the Year.

Newcastle Jets Chairman Nathan Tinkler said he is delighted to secure Mr Murphy’s services.

“Mitchell has immense corporate experience, proven business acumen and brings a first-rate network of high profile contacts to the table,” Mr Tinkler said.

“Mitchell will work tirelessly to interact with the Hunter community and also be a fine ambassador for our club in terms of working closely with sponsors and other key stakeholders.”

Murphy has experience in the FMCG industry and a vast media background, including a decade in senior management roles with Fairfax Media. He is also a former Executive Director (Publishing) of the media industry’s peak industry body, The Newspaper Works.

“The Hyundai A-League continues to go from strength to strength and I’m delighted to be given the opportunity to lead the Newcastle Jets,” Murphy said.

“The superb crowds at the recent AFC Asian Cup games played in Newcastle reflects the region’s affection for the world game.

“It’s imperative our club has a strategic mindset and builds a sustainable winning culture both on and off the field.

“We need to focus on the future and not dwell on the past.

“Developing a strong playing roster and forging long-term partnerships with quality sponsors are obviously of paramount importance.

“I’m looking forward to engaging with the Jets’ passionate membership base.

“Seeking feedback from members and fans about ways to improve the match day experience and the design of our playing strip for next season is high on my agenda.

“I’m fully committed to developing cohesive working relationships with Football Federation Australia (FFA) and Northern NSW Football.”

Mr Murphy will officially commence his role with the Jets on Monday 16 February.

not a bad track record.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    But, But.....the forum told me this mess was completely Middleby's doing. Nothing to do with an owner pulling the strings with no idea.
    lol. good point.

I have never seen so many fans united around one situation. Even Con had for & against.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Mitchell Murphy is the new CEO..
    geez, i swear i saw him die on that hill in Lone Survivor.

[IMG]http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1***511!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/lone22n-4-web.jpg[/IMG]

oh, soz for spoiler.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Murphy's Law innit
    OK

Banned
    Looks a solid appointment in some regards.

The scary thing with this appointment is that Tinkler could actually be serious about running the club well.

This shit recently just might well be his shithouse way of doing things

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Murphy's Law innit
    We're right now cause we have another admin dude. Doesnt matter if we think they are up to level or not

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Murphy's Law innit
    i just hope the Herald pays you royalties when they use that within the next 48hrs.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Looks a solid appointment in some regards.

The scary thing with this appointment is that Tinkler could actually be serious about running the club well.

This shit recently just might well be his shithouse way of doing things
    Yep.

http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/arti...s1g6mafg3s3719