Page 66 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2687

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I'm talking about what these people are really like not what you think they are like from reading Woman's Day magazine.

I'll put it in these terms - do you think each of those in your list are as good at being a husband and parent as they are in their chosen field ? And by as good I mean world class not average / normal.

The last person the media tried to make out as being worlds best on the golf course and off it was Tiger Woods - and we all saw how that ended.

You are also forgetting about the massive sacrifices these kids parents made to get them to the top - the majority of them would have put their own lives on hold especially wrt tennis, motorcycling, and golf.

Everyone on your list is or was a selfish khunt and to think otherwise is deluded.
    Bang on the money

I'm talking about what these people are really like not what you think they are like from reading Woman's Day magazine.

I'll put it in these terms - do you think each of those in your list are as good at being a husband and parent as they are in their chosen field ? And by as good I mean world class not average / normal.

The last person the media tried to make out as being worlds best on the golf course and off it was Tiger Woods - and we all saw how that ended.

You are also forgetting about the massive sacrifices these kids parents made to get them to the top - the majority of them would have put their own lives on hold especially wrt tennis, motorcycling, and golf.

Everyone on your list is or was a selfish khunt and to think otherwise is deluded.
    Are we seriously debating this further? Casey Stoner was a world class rider who conquered all there was to win on an "unrideable" Ducati. Not even Rossi has matched this. He then retired from racing and holds down (in my opinion) a very stable family. He still performs testing on GP bikes with better lap times than almost all current riders. During his time as no.1 his family travelled with him. You stated that family only "distracts" you. I'll agree that these families would make massive sacrifices but to say that these individuals did not live up to their potential is having a larf.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    **** even Obama.
    Yeah well tell that to the families of Benghazi

cc: q-man
    #hillaryforprison
    #jetfuelcantmeltsteelbeams
    #staywoke

Also, I don't think Dwyane Wade is a good example of a stable family and Casey Stoner hooked up with his team bosses daughter after he'd 'made it', I think Chad Reed is the moto guy you're looking for as an example there.

But yeah I'm glad the Jets fans are upset their 'most together team in the comp award for the month of July' award will be going to someone else this year.

Everyone calm down. Michael Jordan was portrayed as a great father in Space Jam.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yeah well tell that to the families of Benghazi

cc: q-man
    #hillaryforprison
    #jetfuelcantmeltsteelbeams
    #staywoke

Also, I don't think Dwyane Wade is a good example of a stable family and Casey Stoner hooked up with his team bosses daughter after he'd 'made it', I think Chad Reed is the moto guy you're looking for as an example there.

But yeah I'm glad the Jets fans are upset their 'most together team in the comp award for the month of July' award will be going to someone else this year.
    Only used Obama as an example of reaching the "elite" level whilst still holding down a family. Stoner met his wife long after he was no.1

Also Tiger Woods won 5 titles and Player of the year in 2013, well after his marriage breakup.

Injury stopped Tiger Woods.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Everyone calm down. Michael Jordan was portrayed as a great father in Space Jam.
    He left his kids high and dry whilst he chased a rabbit down a hole. **** that guy.

This is getting more off topic than the last time women were brought into the discussion. OK Dunster I agree. Women are distracting/the devil.

Or dare I say it.

Birds are?

Stoner met his wife long after he was no.1
    Yeah that's what I said.

Yeah that's what I said.
    Yeh sorry my bad. Should have added "he stayed No.1 after that"

Only used Obama as an example of reaching the "elite" level whilst still holding down a family.
    and he got replaced by a thrice married self confessed pussy grabber.

Let's face it, Dominic Torreto is the only bloke left in the world who genuinely values family over success.

This is getting more off topic than the last time women were brought into the discussion. OK Dunster I agree. Women are distracting/the devil.

Or dare I say it.

Birds are?
    Good to see you are finally on board - Keep up the good work.

Danny Vukovic anyone?? had potentially his best ever season while his son was really sick and spend alot of time in hospital so all you guys bagging Wayne Brown for potentially being late to pre season for family shit need to grow up
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Danny Vukovic anyone?? had potentially his best ever season while his son was really sick and spend alot of time in hospital so all you guys bagging Wayne Brown for potentially being late to pre season for family shit need to grow up
    Injecting a life threatening disease into Brown's kid to get him playing better football for the Jets is a bit extreme don't you think ?
    Last edited by The Dunster; 28-06-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Banned
    Injecting a life threatening disease into Brown's kid to get him playing better football for the Jets is a bit extreme don't you think ?
    Injecting life threatening diseases into the Jets players to get them to play at a significantly improved level ???

Maybe that something we should look into pioneering

Or even the threat of it to get them to pull their finger out may sufflice

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Why are you worried if Brown is late. I hope he is super late and does not turn up. He not exactly set the A league on fire. i think he had what one, two decent games, the rest would not get a start in a decent NPL side.
    fine by me if Brown is late, as long as his wife isn't, that's where the trouble started last time...

though with Lawrie talking about offloading players, do you think Brown could be a candidate? for whatever reason he hasn't lived up to the hype so can't be considered value for money going forward (unless he has a huge form improvement this season, bit of a stretch considering last season though),\

I agree not being assed to make sure you are back in time for the start of preseason isn't exactly showing the new gaffer you're champing at the bit, was kinda hoping that photo of him and Scott Miller having coffee together was due to other negotiations going on TBH...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

I find this thread's rules of workplace management more disturbing than the Member's rules of sex, as explained in the squad thread.

Birds are?
    OK

If Brown can punch / headbutt a gypo in the opening game all will be forgiven.

Last edited by The Dunster; 28-06-2017 at 03:40 PM.

Back on topic..
    I've got a few acquaintances down in gypoland (not pv4) who are frothing up over this article.. haha
    Love it..

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/artic...-him-sign-jets