Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Anyone heard the rumour about Scarlett Johansson being named as the next James Bond - apparently she's going to be black as well. [it has to be a piss-take surely ?]
    nah man. Blackface is totally taboo and not allowed and anyone who has ever done it in the past should be hounded from their job and publicly shamed until they repent and die*.

*unless you're Robert Downey Jnr for some reason......
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    nah man. Blackface is totally taboo and not allowed and anyone who has ever done it in the past should be hounded from their job and publicly shamed until they repent and die*.

*unless you're Robert Downey Jnr for some reason......
    I did not know anything about Scarlett Johansson wearing blackface for this role. All I heard was that she might be portraying a female Bond who is black.
    Blackface is an entirely different level altogether.
    It's feasible for someone to have light skin and identify as black - much the same as someone with olive or dark complexion can identify as white.

Personally, I think if they are going to go down that road using an african american actress for the role would make more sense.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 17-07-2019 at 03:36 PM.

I did not know anything about Scarlett Johansson wearing blackface for this role. All I heard was that she might be portraying a female Bond who is black.
    It's feasible for someone to have light skin and identify as black - much the same as someone with olive or dark complexion can identify as white.

Personally, I think if they are going to go down that road using an african american actress for the role would make more sense.
    I think you have not seen the joke. 007 do have rumoured plans to go to a black female to portray Bond, but it is some other person who is actually black and female.

The Scar-Jo thing has come about because some magazine or similar interviewed her about her role choices, bringing up how she portrayed a Japanese lady once, and nearly took the role of a transgender man. The quote from her is something similar to her being an actor so should be allowed to play any person, any tree or any animal. The internet has just picked this up and run with it.

I can't confirm if Johansson is planning to join the Area 51 raids or not though.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I think you have not seen the joke. 007 do have rumoured plans to go to a black female to portray Bond, but it is some other person who is actually black and female.

The Scar-Jo thing has come about because some magazine or similar interviewed her about her role choices, bringing up how she portrayed a Japanese lady once, and nearly took the role of a transgender man. The quote from her is something similar to her being an actor so should be allowed to play any person, any tree or any animal. The internet has just picked this up and run with it.

I can't confirm if Johansson is planning to join the Area 51 raids or not though.
    I thought as much hence why I said "Surely this must be a piss take".

Although Felix Leiter has been female, male, black, and white so it would not be the first time that Barbara Broccoli had taken a dump on her father's legacy.

I mean Bond driving a farkin BMW pretty much ended the franchise for me.

Re actors taking on roles of other ethnicities, genders and so on.

Acting: The art or occupation of performing fictional roles in plays, films, or television.

Adjective: Temporarily doing the duties of another person.
    Last edited by Skirt Boy; 17-07-2019 at 04:19 PM.