Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
ok, good job getting backing up your argument via distorted memories watch TV and having the Ch 9 commentary team over react to everything that went in your precious developing ears.

now, for some cold hard truths about Steve Waugh.

He could bat, i never said otherwise. but hes not the indefatigable 'rock' you all were brainwashed into thinking he was.

Someone to bat for your life?
He has more test ducks than Steve Harmison, Daniel Vittori, Jimmy Anderson and Allan Donald (bhahahahahahha Allan Donald was the ****ing worst).
He has more ODI ducks than Glenn McGrath.
Glenn McGrath was a running joke as a batsman, but lasted longer out there more often than Steve Waugh.

He has the same amount of ODI centuries as noted batting phenom Daryl 'dont hurt me Warnie' Cullinan.
Paul Collingwood has more ODI centuries than Steve Waugh.
Ricky Ponting has TEN ****ING TIMES more ODI centuries than Steve Waugh.
If hes batting for your life, sorry, but you've got the Plague, and its terminal.

As for some sort of rock under pressure?
He continually cracked under pressure. He was involved in a whopping 77 run outs in ODI's, 50 of which he ran his partner out (a record). Yep, thats a guy you wanna trust to be out there with.
Add to that another 27 at test level and it shows a bloke who routinely choked in the moment.

whoops sorry he hit that 4 in that test that day on the last ball. Thats right, sorry he must be an all time boss then.

Come at me with some facts, not your childhood romanticism.

Steve Waugh is a myth.
Gee ****ing whiz

You got some but hurt here

Firstly Waugh had more ducks than McGrath and Donald

Well FMD but I backing those guys barely batted much in ODIs

Ponting has more hundreds well wow what an insight that is. Ponting batted at 3 and played 400 ODIs and Tugger batted 5 6 7 8 etc

You are pulling BS statistics out to aid your argument

As for your Justin Langar love in

Who did he get involved for the Ashes and to help the Australian side ??

Think it was Steve Waugh

Case closed