Page 31 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Yep bloody good question for club management to answer. They were quick to bring up they were looking for a replacement but knowing management this was probably just another bullshit line to keep the membership renewals ticking over with no real intention of looking into one.

Pretty piss poor effort from the club on this particular issue.
    Looking for, and finding a suitable option, can be two very different things. Good players aren't currently free agents for the fun of it. Ernie said to phernz in the preseason jerkstream interview that Griff & Lawrie approached all other AL clubs about potential loan signings and nothing was offered to them.

We also have to remember that injury replacements need to be a similar position to the injured person, and be on the same or less wage. Sheppard & Wessi both consume very low cap space for us, so we are scraping for low paid players of quality better than the likes of Kwabs or Mitch Austin as easy examples.

It is also worth noting that insurances may or may not kick in for the wages of Sheppard & Wessi whilst injured, but I'm near confident the club still needs to pay at least their super during that time. So whilst an IRP doesn't count towards the cap, it counts towards money leaving Mr Lee's hands - something he has openly said he wants to pull back on. Injury replacements are not free, however much dreams are.

If suitable options presented themselves to the club, I have no doubts that Lawrie & Griff will do everything they can to get them to the club. Whether it be lack of choice, or lack of money, or a bit of all of the above, I don't necessarily believe they are not putting in a genuine effort with what resources they have to improve our squad.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Have people forgotten that we have no money and are still for sale? We need to worry about not folding up as a club, not about injury replacements.
    I had this convo with a cousin after our loss the other day..
    I was distraught, pissed off, frustrated, wondering why the team hates us, etc etc... All the usual post-game feelings.
    He said to me "Well, what were you expecting?"
    And he was spot on.. What was I expecting? To win? To play well? To achieve something? What an idiot..

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Looking for, and finding a suitable option, can be two very different things. Good players aren't currently free agents for the fun of it. Ernie said to phernz in the preseason jerkstream interview that Griff & Lawrie approached all other AL clubs about potential loan signings and nothing was offered to them.

We also have to remember that injury replacements need to be a similar position to the injured person, and be on the same or less wage. Sheppard & Wessi both consume very low cap space for us, so we are scraping for low paid players of quality better than the likes of Kwabs or Mitch Austin as easy examples.

It is also worth noting that insurances may or may not kick in for the wages of Sheppard & Wessi whilst injured, but I'm near confident the club still needs to pay at least their super during that time. So whilst an IRP doesn't count towards the cap, it counts towards money leaving Mr Lee's hands - something he has openly said he wants to pull back on. Injury replacements are not free, however much dreams are.

If suitable options presented themselves to the club, I have no doubts that Lawrie & Griff will do everything they can to get them to the club. Whether it be lack of choice, or lack of money, or a bit of all of the above, I don't necessarily believe they are not putting in a genuine effort with what resources they have to improve our squad.
    That is all well and good but it was THE CLUB who said they would search for a replacement and as such have come up with naught. If it were a money thing as we all know it is why make the statement in the first place ?. It was nothing more than a con to ensure the club appeared pro active to those who had not renewed membership. To believe anything else would be also believe it was Berts choice not to replace Zane and not budget related. Another example of the club pissing in our pockets.

Whichever way you look at it it is a piss poor effort to lose one of your key play makers and second striker and not have them replaced, The results are the evidence of that. We are literally a one man band in the creative dept and opposition coaches only need to mark Dimi out of the game.
    Last edited by 380; 06-11-2019 at 03:51 PM.

How much money do we think Wes and Shep are on? Not a significant amount from what I've been told. Even then we would be using the insurance money but that would only cover a portion of the wage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I had this convo with a cousin after our loss the other day..
    I was distraught, pissed off, frustrated, wondering why the team hates us, etc etc... All the usual post-game feelings.
    He said to me "Well, what were you expecting?"
    And he was spot on.. What was I expecting? To win? To play well? To achieve something? What an idiot..
    Then there is no point us continuing to support the club if we don't have hopes or expectations of it getting better. Then worst thing is that we've had that little taste of being competent recently and we don't want to return to being shit for another 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    How much money do we think Wes and Shep are on? Not a significant amount from what I've been told. Even then we would be using the insurance money but that would only cover a portion of the wage.
    I would estimate less than 200k combined for Wessi and Sheppard.

We would need minimum that value to get one player worth considering.
    OK

I would estimate less than 200k combined for Wessi and Sheppard.

We would need minimum that value to get one player worth considering.
    Use that to get Zlatan here for a press conference to deliver truth bombs.

"Zlatan come and look, but Zlatan not play for Mickey Mouse club with no money. Zlatan more value than whole of A-League"

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Use that to get Zlatan here for a press conference to deliver truth bombs.

"Zlatan come and look, but Zlatan not play for Mickey Mouse club with no money. Zlatan more value than whole of A-League"
    "Zlatan refuses to go to University for any reason because Zlatan already knows everything"
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

So Bobby isnt good enough to deplace a makeshift LB but good enough to play for his country. Explain that one Ernie ffs
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    So Bobby isnt good enough to deplace a makeshift LB but good enough to play for his country. Explain that one Ernie ffs
    Burns has played U21s for Northern Ireland (5 caps)

Koutroumbis has 2 caps for Australian U23s.

Not a lot between them.

Also, according to Wiki and no further research (so could be BS), he had his breakthrough playing attacking midfield, and is described as primarily a central midfielder who can also play left back and as an attacker.
    Mostly likely has been forced to play left back due to being a young up and comer who is left footed.

Because Johnny K aint Irish innit?

In the jerkstream preseason interview between Phernz & Lawrie, Lawrie said there was a preseason game that hit from memory high 20s in temp and bobby "expired" due to the heat. Maybe the dude isn't up to sunny arvo games with temperature? You'd have to take that issue up with his recruiters if that is the case, which Lawrie basically said was himself in this instance.
    OK

In the jerkstream preseason interview between Phernz & Lawrie, Lawrie said there was a preseason game that hit from memory high 20s in temp and bobby "expired" due to the heat. Maybe the dude isn't up to sunny arvo games with temperature? You'd have to take that issue up with his recruiters if that is the case, which Lawrie basically said was himself in this instance.
    If thats the case the we have failed recruitment once again
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Where is the injury replacement for Wessi and Shep? A simple question especially now that Arroyo is out

Not being signed because Lee is trying to reduce spend.

Why is that even a question?

Not being signed because Lee is trying to reduce spend.

Why is that even a question?
    I've been saying this for weeks now but people can't seem to get their heads around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

If thats the case the we have failed recruitment once again
    When have we actually succeeded in recruitment in the last 10 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    When have we actually succeeded in recruitment in the last 10 years?
    The season we made the GF the second time and Id say season 1 and two of the aleague and thats it

love at first sight