Page 127 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 3064

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

We’ve signed a Georgian midfielder on recommendation from Beka .

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    We’ve signed a Georgian midfielder on recommendation from Beka .
    Source or link?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Source or link?
    "Trust me bro, he's my cousin, he's very good..."

Stevie has left WSW...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Zadkovich has been appointed head coach of Glory for the next 2 seasons. They'll still beat us in Perth, but that's about it

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Stevie has left WSW...
    Wouldn’t be upset if he returned

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Wouldn’t be upset if he returned
    Many would be! Really interesting discussion in this thread

https://twitter.com/jeterpool/status...62435784359941
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Urgakovic signs a 1 year deal with the Nix.

Urgakovic signs a 1 year deal with the Nix.
    Kind of torn on this one. You can never fault his effort and he plays like a true 6. However his passing for us was very inconsistent and was woeful this year for the wanderers.
    I'd probably have taken him back, but I don't think he'd have fit in Pappas system.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Kind of torn on this one. You can never fault his effort and he plays like a true 6. However his passing for us was very inconsistent and was woeful this year for the wanderers.
    I'd probably have taken him back, but I don't think he'd have fit in Pappas system.
    Different systems, he was very progressive imo and would have been immense next to Gus
    Jaliens gives me the horn

UFUKn beauty, not wanted back in Newy, Gus plays better without him
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Just saw that "Ninko" has gone on social media to say he is quitting Sydney..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    to make space for Penha?
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I heard that Sydney were originally letting him walk, until social media and fans absolutely smashed them for it and they quickly asked him to come back to the table and discuss an extension.

So, they obviously want to make room for Penha but might have to keep Ninko in order to keep fans happy, which means someone else will have to go instead.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I heard that Sydney were originally letting him walk, until social media and fans absolutely smashed them for it and they quickly asked him to come back to the table and discuss an extension.

So, they obviously want to make room for Penha but might have to keep Ninko in order to keep fans happy, which means someone else will have to go instead.
    So a team that missed the finals for the first time in years decides to let go one of the key players who didn't perform to the usual standards and they then change their mind because the fans like him? Man, that is nuts.

three released https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/s...shapes-roster/

A-League soccer: Sammy Silvera, Brandon Wilson, Riley Warland let go by Jets as coach Arthur Papas reshapes roster
    By James Gardiner
    Updated June 8 2022 - 7:06pm, first published June 7 2022 - 7:10pm

SAMMY Silvera, Brandon Wilson and Riley Warland will not be at the Newcastle Jets next season as coach Arthur Papas opts for a smaller squad with more high-end players.

Silvera, who was on loan from Portuguese club Paos de Ferreira, scored one goal in 19 appearances and was mainly used off the bench.

Wilson joined the Jets in February on a short-term deal and started eight games in midfield.

Warland, who made 11 appearances, had a year to run on his contract in Newcastle.

Papas intends to strengthen the Jets defensive stocks and, with senior men Matt Jurman and Jordan Elsey contracted, opportunities for Warland would be limited.

"To progress you need to play games," Papas said. "If we are not able to guarantee that, I think it is wise to be up front about it. Riley is quite a young player and I still think he has a future ahead of him. I don't think he would have got the opportunity here that he needs."

The Jets had been in talks with Silvera and Wilson about contract extensions but couldn't come to terms.

"We were trying to find ways to fit them in under the salary cap," Papas said. "We gave ourselves a timeline to try and get it done. If we couldn't get it done, we didn't want to limit their opportunities elsewhere by waiting longer."

Wellington Phoenix pair Jaushua Sotirio and James McGarry are understood to be joining the Jets while the club has also been linked to midfielder Reno Piscopo

"We will have a slightly smaller squad next season," Papas said. "There are key positions where we are looking to bring in established players. Most importantly, we want it to be a bit more balanced from defence to midfield and attack."

Papas remains hopeful of retaining on-loan Brazilian Daniel Penha and said negotiations were continuing.

Penha's parent company Atletico Mineiro are reportedly seeking a $800,000 transfer fee for the creative playmaker.

"Those type of transfer fees are not paid in Australian football," Papas said. "There are teams who have players on those type of wages.

"We are dealing with the agent and have been in communication with Atletico. We are trying to work on another loan deal. He is open to staying. If he doesn't stay it is purely a financial reason and I can understand that. His heart is in Newcastle."
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Bit worried about a smaller squad. Covid ain't going anywhere, a few injuries, a few suspensions could leave us in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    I'm not sad about any of those leaving. None were anywhere near starters, so why not look elsewhere and see if we can unearth talent that might actually challenge for spots? I had high hopes for Silvera, but he was not at the races in games. I'm sure he looked good in training but that's not enough for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Bit worried about a smaller squad. Covid ain't going anywhere, a few injuries, a few suspensions could leave us in trouble.
    I'd take a smaller squad with more quality over a bigger squad with more average players taking up the salary cap. Injuries, suspensions will take a toll - but that's when you give the kids a shot. Fans would much rather see an 18 year old local than a 25 year old kiwi at his 7th club. I'm all for it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    I'd take a smaller squad with more quality over a bigger squad with more average players taking up the salary cap. Injuries, suspensions will take a toll - but that's when you give the kids a shot. Fans would much rather see an 18 year old local than a 25 year old kiwi at his 7th club. I'm all for it.
    Bingo

Play the ****ing kids