Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Rugby League is crap

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    I starting watching it last night and turned it off as i was falling asleep, my god it is boring these days! I don't watch much footy but i thought this was meant to have feeling and be intense. It wasn't near it!
    i thought last nights game was very intense
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    I starting watching it last night and turned it off as i was falling asleep, my god it is boring these days! I don't watch much footy but i thought this was meant to have feeling and be intense. It wasn't near it!
    This is one of the things about it - 20 years ago it was a great game. Tough props, cunning halves, athletic wingers and skillful 5/8s. The toughness was there with minimal subs and fair, tough tackles. And the rules were simple.

Now it is all roided up players who all play the same no matter what position, interchange, you only have to blow on someone to get cited and I have no idea what some of the rules are.

It is now glorified touch footy, only surviving on the one eyed propaganda from News Ltd and Nein.

SOO was Wally and Alfie...once they retired pffft.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    yet another rugby league thug charged with domestic violence

the club, his team mates, the NRL denies it's an issue and the bloke is going to play this weekend

how many other jobs would you be able to repeatedly commit domestic violence (or as it should more accurately be called, violence) and not only not be requested to stand aside until the charges are sorted, but actually supported by your employer and your mates

how low can this disgusting game go?

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    yet another rugby league thug charged with domestic violence

the club, his team mates, the NRL denies it's an issue and the bloke is going to play this weekend

how many other jobs would you be able to repeatedly commit domestic violence (or as it should more accurately be called, violence) and not only not be requested to stand aside until the charges are sorted, but actually supported by your employer and your mates

how low can this disgusting game go?
    innocent until proven gulity otherwise you get a shawn kenny dowell incident where he is crucified by everyone then is found innocent
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Agree...the guy on the news last night who said "as long as he is available this weekend; thats the main thing " ... ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    innocent until proven gulity otherwise you get a shawn kenny dowell incident where he is crucified by everyone then is found innocent
    the thug should stand down until this matter is sorted

but what do you expect from the sort of blokes who hit women and the culture that supports and covers them up?

a violent stupid sport for violent stupid people

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Pretty bad setup. 3 countries as hosts is stupid.

Will be another Australia vs New Zealand final. Aussies with a good side and key injuries avoided assured winners.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Pretty bad setup. 3 countries as hosts is stupid.

Will be another Australia vs New Zealand final. Aussies with a good side and key injuries avoided assured winners.
    3 Hosts??

They ought to be thankful they were able to rustle up 3 teams

World Cup??
    FMD

I'll sit back with interest and watch how the latest push the Knights to again be owned by the fans...there seems to be a fair ground swell at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Only because Dillon and his Herald brethren are pushing it. I honestly don't think they have the fanbase they had 15-20 years ago (though still bigger than ours) to get enough people to part with their hard-earned. The NRL would really need to be convinced by this plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I'll sit back with interest and watch how the latest push the Knights to again be owned by the fans...there seems to be a fair ground swell at the moment.
    I still don't understand where the ongoing funding comes from after they raise the initial capital through the shares purchase.

Same thing worried me when there was talk of the jets doing the same.

Say they have 14,000 members (I picked a random number) a fair chunk of these would be family groups who wouldn't purchase multiple shares and then memberships on top. I can only presume these will be aimed at local business as well.

Are they going to be expected to chip in again in the future, or will the club run on a modest break even budget keeping them as a club making up the numbers.

Call me cynical but I think any sporting team in Newcastle that wants to be successful still needs someone to inject ongoing funds.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I still don't understand where the ongoing funding comes from after they raise the initial capital through the shares purchase.

Say they have 14,000 members (I picked a random number) a fair chunk of these would be family groups who wouldn't purchase multiple shares and then memberships on top. I can only presume these will be aimed at local business as well.

Are they going to be expected to chip in again in the future, or will the club run on a modest break even budget keeping them as a club making up the numbers.

Call me cynical but I think any sporting team in Newcastle that wants to be successful still needs someone to inject ongoing funds.
    I was thinking the same thing. Unless the governing body injects a sizeable amount into the pot each year with respect to Channel 9 / Foxtel money.
    But then you hear a story on the news about the Knights signing a somewhat untested 2 game rookie for 4 years or something for $3.6m and I think might as well call the bankruptcy lawyers in as well.
    What is wrong with this town ? Doesn't matter what the code is the town always pays way to much for unproven talent and offers peanuts to those they should be offering the big money.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 12-12-2016 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post

It'll be like the Jerks memberships where they just kinda auto-renew without you ever fully knowing. And by the time it has auto-renewed you're too lazy to cancel and refund it.
    OK

has anyone got any links to the Knights proposal?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

it was my birthday last month, not yesterday.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Only because Dillon and his Herald brethren are pushing it. I honestly don't think they have the fanbase they had 15-20 years ago (though still bigger than ours) to get enough people to part with their hard-earned. The NRL would really need to be convinced by this plan.
    yeah this. sif gangbang granny army is gonna throw 5hunj in each

Lol Sandow

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Lol Sandow
    A dog is heard continually yapping as the pair fight in a street in front of dozens of onlookers.

'more news as it comes to hand......'
    Seems like I am WRONG