Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible International Champions Cup in Australia

Possible International Champions Cup in Australia

http://m.afr.com/p/business/marketin...n=Outbrain_cpc

Huge news on 2 parts if this is not just speculation.

1-Some of the biggest football clubs in the world will be in Australia.
    2-Nine Network to spend big money on football and to broadcast it on free to air, could this be the first step into mainstream media/money.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Mixed feelings about it. nine pushing these euroclubs heavily could further reinforce the eurosnobbery some people have, to the detriment of the a-league. I don't see channel 9 bringing overseas clubs here really helping the local game too much.

If its their first push towards trying to get a hold of the a-league, then its a completely different story.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Mixed feelings about it. nine pushing these euroclubs heavily could further reinforce the eurosnobbery some people have, to the detriment of the a-league. I don't see channel 9 bringing overseas clubs here really helping the local game too much.

If its their first push towards trying to get a hold of the a-league, then its a completely different story.
    Agree.

Tread carefully.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I remember reading about this a while ago, here is the article.

International Champions Cup to expand into Asia-Pacific region
    June 23, 2014

First reported in Sportbusiness International, sports promotion company Relevent Sports has signed a deal to take its International Champions Cup (ICC) football tournament to the Asia-Pacific region from next year.

TLA Worldwide plc, an athlete representation and sports marketing group, and Nine Live, a wholly owned Australian subsidiary by Nine Entertainment Co, will organise, promote and deliver the offshoot event from 2015 to 2018.

Participating teams and the host country for the tournament have yet to be announced.

“With this agreement TLA has made a significant move to diversify its activities into the world’s most popular sport,” said TLA Worldwide chair Bart Campbell.

“TLA will play a central role in bringing some of the world’s most widely followed clubs and iconic brands to one of the most dynamic regions of Asia. We are delighted to team up with Nine Live who have market leading regional expertise.”

The ICC is currently played in the US and was formerly known as the World Football Challenge. Many top European sides participate in the tournament as part of their pre-season tours.

This year’s edition features Real Madrid, Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City, AC Milan, AS Roma, Inter Milan and Olympiacos in matches across 12 North American cities. The tournament final will be held on 4th August at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium.

http://sportsbusinessinsider.com.au/...acific-region/
    They hadn't confirmed if Australia would host. The 2013 version included LA Galaxy, the 2014 version does not, I wouldn't hold out any hope of HAL representation, easy way to avoid 250k fee per game.

The 2013 version also had one of the games hosted in Spain, nothing to say they will host all games in Australia, if anything I'd imagine you might be better hosting this in south east asia, there is a reason that teams have been conducting pre season tours in asia for a while now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

I'm not sure how there's any downside to this. Any money they throw at football is money not being thrown at thugby league.

People thought the LA Galaxy & All-Star games would negatively affect the A-league. Didn't happen.

I'M GULLIBLE!

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/mcg...medium=twitter

Poor AFL having a bitch that they can't use a stadium they don't for a few days, FFS this blokes need to get over themselves.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

They need to make tickets cheaper for, and first available to a-league and npl club members

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    They need to make tickets cheaper for, and first available to a-league and npl club members
    Nice idea but I am expecting pigs to fly before that happens.

These things are all about profiteering and they will easily sell the tickets a few times over. There won't be any discounts.

Being that it has nothing to do with the FFA fat chance the HAL members NPL clubs are getting dibs first

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    http://m.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/mcg...medium=twitter

Poor AFL having a bitch that they can't use a stadium they don't for a few days, FFS this blokes need to get over themselves.
    http://www.theage.com.au/sport/socce...12-1039ym.html

You want a laugh read the comments.

Shame they closed it before I found it as I could have had a field day stirring those clowns

My friends mum said she might by him and a few friends tickets

Banned

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thread...-july.1072851/

Actually go that for a laugh. **** there are some retarded people in Victory

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thread...-july.1072851/

Actually go that for a laugh. **** there are some retarded people in Victory
    I'm going to need more popcorn to finish reading all of that.

AFL slowly realising that while they are a big fish in a ridiculously small pond, that pond is now rather close to the ocean.
    Go jetties

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    AFL slowly realising that while they are a big fish in a ridiculously small pond, that pond is now rather close to the ocean.
    I think the AFL have known this all along hence their constant soccer bashing.

Some of their fans though are clearly living in the land of the cuckoo though about how significant there game is in relation to ours.

Its good after all these years to have the code actually landing a few blows against them for a change. Hopefully it turns into a bonafide arse whooping soon.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    I think the AFL have known this all along hence their constant soccer bashing.

Some of their fans though are clearly living in the land of the cuckoo though about how significant there game is in relation to ours.

Its good after all these years to have the code actually landing a few blows against them for a change. Hopefully it turns into a bonafide arse whooping soon.
    i also think a lot of football fans don't seem to realise that afl is the biggest sport in this country and it holds a great deal of power
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    i also think a lot of football fans don't seem to realise that afl is the biggest sport in this country and it holds a great deal of power
    this.

really getting sick of the code warriors on all sides. if the roles were reversed, MFKS would be up the front burning effigies of ron barrassi.

Banned
    It has less power and influence than it thinks it does. It is just the bigger bully at present.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    this.

really getting sick of the code warriors on all sides. if the roles were reversed, MFKS would be up the front burning effigies of ron barrassi.
    Rather naive attitude. These Afl clowns and the dog molesting lot have spent years putting shit on our code and holding it back in our country.

Think we are not at war watch as these clowns make more and more effort to sabotage our game whilst they have some degree of superiority as they are absolutely shitting house bricks at our game and what effect it will have on their insignificant codes.

Can't wait to dish up the payback for the years of shit dished out from these clowns.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 14-08-2014 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Homophobic rubbish

Can't wait to dish up the payback for the years of shit dished out from these clowns.
    Do you plan on living til you're about 650 years old?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG