Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Socceroos Asian Cup Squad

Banned

Socceroos Asian Cup Squad

Being that we are what 6 months from the Asian Cup how about we have a dick pulling contest for Foz bragging rights

Lets see who gets closest to naming the correct ACTUAL squad Ange will pick in 6 months time.

Just looking at the recent WC a lot changed over the first 6 months of 2014. Who would have thought Taggz Bailey Wright etc would go and Wilkshire Rogic etc wouldn't go

(WOULD MENTION LUCA$H BUT BAR WLG EVERYONE ELSE THOUGHT HE WOULDN'T )

WC They name 23 and last Asian Cup it was 23 so assuming the squad total to be 23

Spira is out injured for an estimated 4 months so it'll be interesting to see whether he recovers in time.

Whether Sainsbury, Good & Williams recover and find gametime for their clubs will play an obvious large part in if they come into the squad. You've also got Jovanovic (sp), Mrcela (sp) and others who were rumoured for a WC spot and didn't get a look in, so if they keep improving we might see Ange have a look at them. We've also got players like Madaschi who are filling the A-League, possibly in an attempt to get back in Ange's vision.

Kruse is apparently back from injury.

Ryan Edwards has apparently been hugely impressing in trials for Reading - if he maintains form and appearances we may see him come in.

Taggz and Brillante, it's hard to say, depends if they get game time at their clubs or not. Realistically, Taggz probably shouldn't have been included in the squad to begin with, so unless he finds gametime and goals at Fulham I can't see him being brought in again. Also depends largely on your Cahill, Kennedy, Juric type players and whether they stay healthy and in form.

One of the notable omissions from the WC squad IMO was Ruka. Will be interesting to see whether he does enough to get in.

From the WC squad I would drop Wilko for sure, I just don't rate him and it makes me sick to my stomach that the esteemed Member rallied so passionately for his inclusion, smh.

Overall though, there are a HEAP of player movements at a club level that I think could change the whole plan, nearly on a weekly basis.
    OK

Banned
    Firstly **** OFF with the Alex Wilkinson Shit Bloke is Gypo Scum

Just couldn't allow that to slide through unchecked

I honestly don't see a future for Jesus under Ange. Even Timmy doesn't quite fit the Ange style of play but Ange not being a dumb **** like GVE for example at least uses his players strengths rather than rigidly jamming square pegs into round holes. Going forward I see the play evolving under Ange and there will be a lot less aimless balls into the middle looking for Timmy as he gets closer to pulling up stumps for the Socceroos

Totally disagree with your thoughts on Taggz. The bloke was banging them in every week for a shit side in the HAL. Bloke earned his spot more than other tossers like Vidosic and Troisi who done **** all in the back end of last season.

The bloke really should have been right up there for the Johnny Warren medal but the pundits would rather give things like that to that diving German in Brisbane who gets owned everytime he plays Newy I might add.The bloke done everything asked of him last season and form like that should always be rewarded with opportunity aka otherwise you have BS like what happened to Kale

Also you are implying that Juric is somehow a better player than a bloke who is basically a younger clone of Griff.

The words COMPLETE BULLSHIT can not come out of my mouth quick enough

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Firstly **** OFF with the Alex Wilkinson Shit Bloke is Gypo Scum

Just couldn't allow that to slide through unchecked
    8 weeks ago you were singing such a different tune, MFAW.

Spira is only sidelined for 10 weeks as his surgery went well, from reports. Good news.
    OK

Still have this terrible feeling that Taggs will vanish in the next six months.

Banned
    Ryan
    Langerak
    Galekovic
    Franjic
    Spiranovic
    Davidson
    Good
    Kruse
    Jedinak
    Leckie
    Milligan
    McKay
    Oar
    Cahill
    Taggart
    Bresciano
    Brillante
    Halloran
    Bratten
    Troisi
    Rhys Williams
    Wright
    Rogic

Would personally leave a few of these out by having a Gypo culling but that's the way I think we will go injuries not withstanding

Banned
    Official statement from Preston North End Friday 25th July 2014.
    In April of this year a number of our players were very publicly arrested in connection with a wider investigation into ‘spot fixing’ in football.

At the time, they were bailed with a date for answering bail subsequently set for Wednesday 30th July 2014.

We have today been informed that all of our players have been released from bail and are no longer under any form of formal arrest procedure.

There will be no further comment on this matter.

Read more at http://www.pnefc.net/news/article/pr...AmRbMkMOKWu.99
    So from this Bailey Wright will be in the clear.

Marvelous how the arrest of players generates headlines but the announcement of exoneration is released in a tiny statement

pv4's favourite, Sainsbury, was on SST tonight. He is ridiculously well spoken for a footballer, can tell he got of out gypoland early enough to not have it hinder is mental development. If he isn't one of the first selected (if available), I will be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    pv4's favourite, Sainsbury, was on SST tonight. He is ridiculously well spoken for a footballer, can tell he got of out gypoland early enough to not have it hinder is mental development. If he isn't one of the first selected (if available), I will be surprised.
    Yeah one of the first for sure assuming his injury doesn't get worse. I read something on him saying he is playing through pain each week (still his knee) to be available for Asian cup.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

OMG OMG OMG
    http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/l...-1227076830019

Pending MFAW V WLG in
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    -----------------ryan

franjic---williams--spira----davidson

------jedinak-------brillante

---------------cahill

kruse----------------------------leckie/oar

---------------juric

it's a bit unrealistic with a few of the boys (williams, davidson and brillante) not playing regularly, but, how much better does that look?

i've been thinking today and i reckon playing cahill as a box-to-box man could be the answer. he plays there for his club side and still chips in with goals, plus he would add a bit of bite to the midfield and having him, our wingers plus a genuine striker makes us much more potent in attack and, more importantly, less reliant on him to score goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

If we play 2 holding mids you have to have Milligan in there. He's been way, way better than Jedi for the Socceroos over the last couple of years imo. Either play both of them, or just Jedi (he seemed to do alright on his own).

Franjic, as much as i love him, seemed quite poor last game. You can really tell he's fresh back from injury. I'd be giving Luke Wilkshire a call back up tbh.

I really liked Behich last game - i don't think Davidson has been getting enough game time to warrant that spot.

Love Juric.
    OK

jedinak is obviously going to start there and rightly so, and i'd rather have brillante as he's got a bit more to his game, but it's a tough call when trying to think of a genuinely good partner for jedinak. if we had a "front four" or cahill, the wingers and a striker i definitely think we should play with two holders. if anything, i'd have milligan at centre back ahead of a hopeless case like wilkinson.

franjic i've never really been a fan of so i'd be happy with wilkshire, but i'd say that's highly unlikely.

i made the point of saying davidson hasn't been getting regular matches. behich again is someone i've never liked, but that has more to do with how he comes across personality-wise on the field. he's a little bitch, probs my most hated player in the a-league (which is no mean feat) when he was at heart. davidson on form is better anyway.

Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

What about Massimo?
    I'M GULLIBLE!

bench

not that i don't rate him; i think he's great but he just doesn't have a spot in the side i posted above.

I'd play Burns and Cahill at 9 and 10. To me Burns just has that ability to go at blokes and Cahills late runs might benefit from that.
    Agree Milligan will get picked over Brillante but I'd go with Parkseys idea.

I'm not a fan of Ruka, Ibini or Leckie. Will Kruse be fit? Is he playing?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Not that I would have him in the starting squad but is Curtis Good injury free and playing regularly.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    No he is not and hasn't played in a long while.

Bloke will not be picked at all.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I'd play Burns and Cahill at 9 and 10. To me Burns just has that ability to go at blokes and Cahills late runs might benefit from that.
    Agree Milligan will get picked over Brillante but I'd go with Parkseys idea.

I'm not a fan of Ruka, Ibini or Leckie. Will Kruse be fit? Is he playing?
    yeah i'd be for having burns ahead of leckie. no one has really done anything to warrant securing their spot on the wing since the world cup.

i think ibini has been great for sydney this year but i'm not sure if he has a place in the squad, as leckie, oar, kruse and probs burns will be picked.