Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Rd 4 Perth Glory Vs Newcastle Jets 01/11/14 k/off 7:30pm AEDST

Kutgw Stubs. #InStubbsWeTrust
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Just saw it.

He really seems to have the yips about commanding his 6.

The corner goes deep, he covers his angles, all good.
    But the header into the middle of the six that montano seems to shit his pants over and MacLaine almost ducks to avoid, it's looks like it comes of his back FFS.

Keeper should go straight over/through montano and mclaren to punch that clear.

You can't assume your defender is going to win that header. You must dominate that area (4yards off your line, centre of the goal) and do all you can to meet the ball first..... For me it's the same as the goal v the coasties.
    We have defenders who can't win headers and a keeper who hesitates to go into crowded challenges. God help us.

Fault for goal?
    1% Whoever gave away the corner.
    25% Whoever lost the header from the corner.
    25% Montano. **** me he was less effective than a traffic cone.
    25% Birraz. End of the day he needs to come for that ball and put mclaren and montano on the ground.
    24% the hex on the club.

Banned
    On another note any comments on our general physical fitness levels of the squad??

I know we have had some games played in the graveyard slots for heat but we are not running games out well.

Why also do we seem to have a squad with so many just back from injury and not likely to see 90 mins out etc??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    On another note any comments on our general physical fitness levels of the squad??

I know we have had some games played in the graveyard slots for heat but we are not running games out well.

Why also do we seem to have a squad with so many just back from injury and not likely to see 90 mins out etc??
    In response:
    1. We are shit.
    2. Because we are shit.
    3. Because we are the Jets.

Hope that helps.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Just saw it.

He really seems to have the yips about commanding his 6.

The corner goes deep, he covers his angles, all good.
    But the header into the middle of the six that montano seems to shit his pants over and MacLaine almost ducks to avoid, it's looks like it comes of his back FFS.

Keeper should go straight over/through montano and mclaren to punch that clear.

You can't assume your defender is going to win that header. You must dominate that area (4yards off your line, centre of the goal) and do all you can to meet the ball first..... For me it's the same as the goal v the coasties.
    We have defenders who can't win headers and a keeper who hesitates to go into crowded challenges. God help us.

Fault for goal?
    1% Whoever gave away the corner.
    25% Whoever lost the header from the corner.
    25% Montano. **** me he was less effective than a traffic cone.
    25% Birraz. End of the day he needs to come for that ball and put mclaren and montano on the ground.
    24% the hex on the club.
    Please you have to be the flash to react to the 1st header and come to try to stop a possible shoulder deflection. The whole thing was over in about 2 seconds.

If you dont like the bloke just come out and say it , nit picking on crap like that makes you look stupid , in the end he was our in our top 3 players and kennedy wont get a run for a couple if weeks.

Next youll tell me ben kennedy would of come and stopped it... :-/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger-86 View Post
    Please you have to be the flash to react to the 1st header and come to try to stop a possible shoulder deflection. The whole thing was over in about 2 seconds.

If you dont like the bloke just come out and say it , nit picking on crap like that makes you look stupid , in the end he was our in our top 3 players and kennedy wont get a run for a couple if weeks.

Next youll tell me ben kennedy would of come and stopped it... :-/
    Your ****ing on fire tonight falling for bait aren't you???

I dont know what you mean

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger-86 View Post
    I dont know what you mean
    Thanks for playing

It's about commanding the area and dominating the space directly in front of you. he should have been coming forward to claim the space, not retreating.

Fast as a flash? No, just move forward into the contest, not away from it......otherwise your reflexes need to be superhuman to react to anything that comes out of the contest. The same issue from the coasties winner.

Nothing to do with whether I like him or not. I rate him as our better keeper, see pv4 sig for evidence

Goalkeeping is a playing position where split second decisions either save goals or cost goals. Nit picking is needed.

We seem to be accepting of mediocrity across the park, I'm not well versed in midfield or attacking play so you won't find me commenting on it. But if we want to be anything above 9th spot this year we need these sorts of small "nit picking" errors in defence (and across the park) to be sorted.

Or we could become known as the team whose keeper is hesitant to come to a contest and constantly concede in the same manner week after week.

You might also notice I attributed 75% of the blame not to the keeper.

BK might very well have made the same error, and birraz may have been one our best, but if being better than bk and in our top 3 is all he needs to do to keep goals out, it's not working.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 02-11-2014 at 12:10 AM.

Fuuckin insipid

Thanks for playing
    Winner winner chicken dinner

Any rangers fan ain't the sharpest tool.

They is just a tool
    Go jetties

What is it with this team? We get a lead and blow it almost immediately afterwards. Reminds me of this...

Thought Kanta was one of our best on ground last night was everywhere he needed to be when defending and done the simple stuff reasonably well.
    But...
    His not Xabi Alonso, those attempted Hollywood type passes are not his thing stick to what you do best, win the ball and move it on simple stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    just lol
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Any rangers fan ain't the sharpest tool.

They is just a tool
    coming from celtic turd lol