Page 144 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Whats everyones feeling for season 2016-17 in terms of recruitment?
    Which imports should we resign?
    If we win the league all of them..

If not, FOLD THE CLUB!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Nord
    Trifunovic

Maybe leo

Alivodic needs to score a few goals between now and end of season. Otherwise no.

Poljak is here for next season but would sign him for longer.

Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    Nord
    Trifunovic

Maybe leo

Alivodic needs to score a few goals between now and end of season. Otherwise no.

Poljak is here for next season but would sign him for longer.
    I agree.
    I would keep nords and trifunovic.

Unsure on leo, he has class but injury concerns and his age are a worry.

Alivodic as harsh as it appears would probably have to go. Not enough goals or assists.

Need to resign biraz and Hoffman. But biraz may leave overseas on a free.

Whats everyones feeling for season 2016-17 in terms of recruitment?
    Which imports should we resign?
    lets come back to this at the end of the season
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    lets come back to this at the end of the season
    That sounds pretty smart. Wait til the end of the year and risk losing any good players for nothing or resign them at a higher rate. Good call

That sounds pretty smart. Wait til the end of the year and risk losing any good players for nothing or resign them at a higher rate. Good call
    I think he means us discussing on the forum, not the club attempting recruitment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

A potential new owner makes it had to realistically discuss now. I mean if the New owner wants to spend the whole cap, concessions and marquees then I wouldn't be keeping any of triffo, Leonardo or enver. I'd also be thinking of better Aussies than we have, James holland etc.

send em back, send em back

If we did get new owners I would definitely shift some shit around in a big way. I personally would still keep Triffo and Leo on board, if Trif ends off scoring over 10 goals come season end then he's worth retaining, and Leonardo with a full off-season is definitely worth retaining. What would change is that I would cull 2 players who's contracts aren't over, but that I feel we could get better value out of there positions

So, the empty spots in my team would be either a winger/attacking mid depending on how you wanna use Leo, a midfield spot as I would remove Poljak, a LB spot and a spot at CB cause I'd get rid of Daniel Mullen. I would move both BK's to outside the cap, re-sign Birraz, Hoff and Lundy as well. Make Nobby a marquee, sign James Holland as a marquee in the midfield. Look overseas to a foreign LB, which puts us at 4 foreigners, sign Clut from Roar and then sign Rhys Williams as the CB replacement.

So, our team would look like this:

Birraz
    Foreign LB - Boogard - Williams - Hoff
    Holland - Uga
    Leo - Clut - Nobby
    Triffo

Bench: Haliti, Cooper, Kanta, Cowburn, BK

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    If we did get new owners I would definitely shift some shit around in a big way. I personally would still keep Triffo and Leo on board, if Trif ends off scoring over 10 goals come season end then he's worth retaining, and Leonardo with a full off-season is definitely worth retaining. What would change is that I would cull 2 players who's contracts aren't over, but that I feel we could get better value out of there positions

So, the empty spots in my team would be either a winger/attacking mid depending on how you wanna use Leo, a midfield spot as I would remove Poljak, a LB spot and a spot at CB cause I'd get rid of Daniel Mullen. I would move both BK's to outside the cap, re-sign Birraz, Hoff and Lundy as well. Make Nobby a marquee, sign James Holland as a marquee in the midfield. Look overseas to a foreign LB, which puts us at 4 foreigners, sign Clut from Roar and then sign Rhys Williams as the CB replacement.

So, our team would look like this:

Birraz
    Foreign LB - Boogard - Williams - Hoff
    Holland - Uga
    Leo - Clut - Nobby
    Triffo

Bench: Haliti, Cooper, Kanta, Cowburn, BK
    That's got 7th written all over it.
    Nobby worth keeping but still within cap. I like where your heading with the Aussies. As I said, if we got a decent owner, triffo and Leo gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    That's got 7th written all over it.
    Nobby worth keeping but still within cap. I like where your heading with the Aussies. As I said, if we got a decent owner, triffo and Leo gone.
    So essentially, what you'd change is that Nobby stays under the cap, and you'd sign two different foreigners at the left wing and striker position, with one of them or the LB being the marquee instead

So essentially, what you'd change is that Nobby stays under the cap, and you'd sign two different foreigners at the left wing and striker position, with one of them or the LB being the marquee instead
    I'd explore the option of removing poljak. Ideally someone like holland, possibly Rhys Williams replacing him.
    Plenty of left backs getting around the league that are stuck behind more established ones that we could tap into.
    Marquee spots to be used in the attacking 4

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    I'd explore the option of removing poljak. Ideally someone like holland, possibly Rhys Williams replacing him.
    Plenty of left backs getting around the league that are stuck behind more established ones that we could tap into.
    Marquee spots to be used in the attacking 4
    For me I'd even accept someone like Steven Lustica as a better starting midfielder then Poljak

What LB from other teams would you try poaching?

For me I'd even accept someone like Steven Lustica as a better starting midfielder then Poljak

What LB from other teams would you try poaching?
    Ben Garrucio
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

sack everyone.
    sign Griff.
    the rest will take care of itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Ben Garrucio
    I wouldn't say he's the best available, Cowburn is probably as good as he is in that position

No way should we keep Trifunovic around. The guy is absolutely rubbish with the ball at his feet, cannot hold it up to save his life and shows zero composure. He doesn't run hard, is too slow to get in behind the lines and contributes zero when defending.

But he's scored nine goals?

Let's look at how he scored those. Penalty, tap in from 1 yard (that he hit the keeper on), a couple of good headers, penalty, header, penalty, one on one with the keeper that the keeper got a good hand on, penalty.

It's important to note that he created a grand total of ZERO of those penalties himself.

So basically, on three occasions across the entire season he's showed a good ability on the air. Is this really what we want out of our import striker?

It's impossible to count how many chances he's absolutely butchered, although there's been a good number of one on ones where he's either been caught from behind because he's hesitating, or has just plain fluffed it.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more suited to the Jets he is. Make him marquee.

Also, Alivodić no longer looks like a a guy that's played football before.

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    No way should we keep Trifunovic around. The guy is absolutely rubbish with the ball at his feet, cannot hold it up to save his life and shows zero composure. He doesn't run hard, is too slow to get in behind the lines and contributes zero when defending.

But he's scored nine goals?

Let's look at how he scored those. Penalty, tap in from 1 yard (that he hit the keeper on), a couple of good headers, penalty, header, penalty, one on one with the keeper that the keeper got a good hand on, penalty.

It's important to note that he created a grand total of ZERO of those penalties himself.

So basically, on three occasions across the entire season he's showed a good ability on the air. Is this really what we want out of our import striker?

It's impossible to count how many chances he's absolutely butchered, although there's been a good number of one on ones where he's either been caught from behind because he's hesitating, or has just plain fluffed it.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more suited to the Jets he is. Make him marquee.
    I'll pay all that honestly, didn't think about those goals till after and sorta realised that from a strikers perspective his goals aren't quite what you'd want.

And watching this game he isn't the best footballer, I'll stick by Leo being good though
    Last edited by Mark325; 07-03-2016 at 11:32 PM.

Ben Garrucio
    Yeah garrucio, murnane, Galloway from victory