Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Shows Thread

40 years collecting gives you plenty to recycle at my age Furns!

I have enough bloody VHS, DVD, records, tapes, CDs, boxsets, movies, concerts and digitals to keep me entertained whenever there is no live football on. Enough till I fall off the perch.

For example I have every FA Cup final in full right back to 1960.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    At the point where the books end and the TV show takes over, the whole game changed.
    The brilliance of the show was replaced with the same corny shit every other show does.
    dont get me wrong, its really well made TV, the visuals (on their comparative budgets) are stunning.

But last night was pretty weak ass story telling. the way 'all' the major good guys were alive at the end, despite everyone else getting dusted was lame. The good guys all got their 'hero' moment that was no doubt written into their contracts by some wack ass talent agent.
    Couldn't agree more. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it at the time. Visually it was just awesome...... but the more I think about it the worse the story sits with me.

I'm hoping the show doesn't go out with a whimper because its the only ending we'll ever have to the story. Martin is never going to finish the books.

The library scene with Arya was awesome though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it at the time. Visually it was just awesome......
    Watch it, Aren’t you in it ??!?

Obviously I just worked out your username...

GOT can end anytime now. Dont even need the last two episodes, Just end it now. Such a shame its turned into this
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    GOT can end anytime now. Dont even need the last two episodes, Just end it now. Such a shame its turned into this
    yeah when they get so lazy now they forget to remove the coffee the Dragon lady was drinking in a scene says quite a bit about where we all are.

as a Jets fan this type of stuff doesnt surprise me, but geez there are some mad online people out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

also, who gives a dog away?
    **** that guy.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

also, who gives a dog away?
    **** that guy.
    He didn't even give him a cuddle, either.

The more I think about it, the more I burn about the fxxxing plot armour they gave everyone in the Battle of Winterfell. There was no reason to keep Brienne & Missandei alive, at the least. What they should have done is got Jamie to put his heater move on Brienne before the battle, and then mid-battle have him go his hatefilled dialogue and leave Brienne to die then and there - what better way for him to realise he needs Cersei than to ditch the important war midway thru? That way Tormund could have gone all emo drunk rage during and after the battle. The way the whole Jamie thing was actually handled has been far more lame.

A lot of the tension they created last night could have been done without all those major characters, too. Euron is a fxxxing disney pirate.

What is great now though is the magic side of shit is gone, and the Game is back on. The moment Varys hawkeyed Dany, the game was back on and I couldn't be more excited. Shame they lingered on the first two eps that they are now just rushing thru it all, though.

I do like that Dany is going a bit screwloose too, apparently "in the books" she is far more crazy.

When The Hound & Arya were strolling away and he said he has unfinished business at KL, did anyone else feel the earth erupt around you and fireworks lit the sky or was that just me?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Euron is a fxxxing disney pirate.
    I call him Wack Sparrow.
    Seems like I am WRONG

He didn't even give him a cuddle, either.

The more I think about it, the more I burn about the fxxxing plot armour they gave everyone in the Battle of Winterfell. There was no reason to keep Brienne & Missandei alive, at the least. What they should have done is got Jamie to put his heater move on Brienne before the battle, and then mid-battle have him go his hatefilled dialogue and leave Brienne to die then and there - what better way for him to realise he needs Cersei than to ditch the important war midway thru? That way Tormund could have gone all emo drunk rage during and after the battle. The way the whole Jamie thing was actually handled has been far more lame.

A lot of the tension they created last night could have been done without all those major characters, too. Euron is a fxxxing disney pirate.

What is great now though is the magic side of shit is gone, and the Game is back on. The moment Varys hawkeyed Dany, the game was back on and I couldn't be more excited. Shame they lingered on the first two eps that they are now just rushing thru it all, though.

I do like that Dany is going a bit screwloose too, apparently "in the books" she is far more crazy.

When The Hound & Arya were strolling away and he said he has unfinished business at KL, did anyone else feel the earth erupt around you and fireworks lit the sky or was that just me?
    oh, they needed Orange beard guy in there so he can have YET ANOTHER scene where he drinks and ogles the Shiny Stormtrooper lady. Then he just walks off into the sunset? that dude should have been smoked last week, at least then 'some' of the audience would have been sad about an actual character dying in that battle.

As for this fight between Michael Jackson Pepsi commercial guy and his brother, who cares. one will die, they both will die, neither will die, Little assassin chick will remove her face and kill them both. who cares.

5 min ago hes chopping wood with a bunch of gypos out in the country and all of a sudden hes like "MUST KILL BIG BRO". To think that this is a significant part and MUST be in the final 2 episodes is weak ass.

and dont start me on homie sneaking up on the brothers in the pub walking the streets with a giant crossbow like "yo, nothing to see here, by the way has anyone seen the really famous one handed dude and the dwarf guy i just want a quick word......"

and and and, Queen of Queens and the only good character Cersei is up there on the wall with all the weapons in the world and her one true problem, dragon lady is right there and she's all like "nope, we MUST obey the rules of ceasefire". didnt she blow up a church full of relos and god people and kids? so NOW she follows the rules? nah, he gotta unleash the arrows and take down every last one of them. is she worried about her rep? "oh man, did you hear that Cersei killed someone AGAINST THE RULES, i aint voting for her in the next election"
    Seems like I am WRONG

oh, they needed Orange beard guy in there so he can have YET ANOTHER scene where he drinks and ogles the Shiny Stormtrooper lady. Then he just walks off into the sunset? that dude should have been smoked last week, at least then 'some' of the audience would have been sad about an actual character dying in that battle.

As for this fight between Michael Jackson Pepsi commercial guy and his brother, who cares. one will die, they both will die, neither will die, Little assassin chick will remove her face and kill them both. who cares.

5 min ago hes chopping wood with a bunch of gypos out in the country and all of a sudden hes like "MUST KILL BIG BRO". To think that this is a significant part and MUST be in the final 2 episodes is weak ass.

and dont start me on homie sneaking up on the brothers in the pub walking the streets with a giant crossbow like "yo, nothing to see here, by the way has anyone seen the really famous one handed dude and the dwarf guy i just want a quick word......"

and and and, Queen of Queens and the only good character Cersei is up there on the wall with all the weapons in the world and her one true problem, dragon lady is right there and she's all like "nope, we MUST obey the rules of ceasefire". didnt she blow up a church full of relos and god people and kids? so NOW she follows the rules? nah, he gotta unleash the arrows and take down every last one of them. is she worried about her rep? "oh man, did you hear that Cersei killed someone AGAINST THE RULES, i aint voting for her in the next election"
    Honestly I enjoyed they gave the Wildlings closure. Which was the sole reason to keep Tormund alive.

Bruh we are here to watch dudes swing dicks and swords, both of which will happen in the Clegane Bowl. Don't diss it, just strap in and enjoy the ride.

Cersei is the only one atm that actually deserves the throne. Everyone else is playing dumb.
    OK

Honestly I enjoyed they gave the Wildlings closure. Which was the sole reason to keep Tormund alive.

Bruh we are here to watch dudes swing dicks and swords, both of which will happen in the Clegane Bowl. Don't diss it, just strap in and enjoy the ride.

Cersei is the only one atm that actually deserves the throne. Everyone else is playing dumb.
    Sansa is the smartest but no-one will listen to her. But the end is soo obvious whats gonna happen so she will get what's hers
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

https://twitter.com/daenerysthor/sta...70781711626240

2 things, this video is funny because poor Ramsey cant hide her disdain for how her arc ended, and Dragon lady (even though she looks drunk) is just so so so very sarcastically happy for how hers ends.

also, they said Emo boy didnt go pat his dog because the dog/wolf thing is a CGI character (REALLY, THATS NOT KENNY BAKER IN A ****ING DOG SUIT????) and that having a human/CGI scene was really hard and expensive.
    so they gave up that small moment of actual emotion but they seem to have plenty of budget available for yet another flyby of those 2 assholes and those asshole dragons?
    really?

**** this show.

**** this show.
    Seems like I am WRONG

so they gave up that small moment of actual emotion but they seem to have plenty of budget available for yet another flyby of those 2 assholes and those asshole dragons?
    One I read the other day was Sam laid down and cried during the Battle of Winterfell because apparently they just straight up ran out of extras to throw at him so he just improvised laying down screaming and they were like "yep that'll do, plot armour has him covered".
    OK

love at first sight

Only one more can of corn left to go.
    We've almost done it.

So many questions on what the writers were up to this season.

It's not even close to fair that there was so much carnage at KL as opposed to the severe lack of it at Winterfell. Plot armour can't melt steel beams though yo.

Speaking of which, if anyone sees the angle of the cuts on the Red Keep towers and doesn't realise 9/11 was an inside job I just give up.

These genius writers think it's cool to get Disney Pirate to very easily no-scope a dragon last ep, but then let Drogon get away with all that madness last night? In a world full of fairies, zombies, dragons, green fire & accepted incest, even that was a stretch.

Plaguesey you didn't deserve the Clegane Bowl and I hope you shut your eyes during it.

Mad love to Grey Worm, the only real consistent character in this whole series. Love that dude and I felt every bit of anger, love & loyalty in that spear throw.
    OK

So many questions on what the writers were up to this season.

It's not even close to fair that there was so much carnage at KL as opposed to the severe lack of it at Winterfell. Plot armour can't melt steel beams though yo.

Speaking of which, if anyone sees the angle of the cuts on the Red Keep towers and doesn't realise 9/11 was an inside job I just give up.

These genius writers think it's cool to get Disney Pirate to very easily no-scope a dragon last ep, but then let Drogon get away with all that madness last night? In a world full of fairies, zombies, dragons, green fire & accepted incest, even that was a stretch.

Plaguesey you didn't deserve the Clegane Bowl and I hope you shut your eyes during it.

Mad love to Grey Worm, the only real consistent character in this whole series. Love that dude and I felt every bit of anger, love & loyalty in that spear throw.
    it was pretty meh.

did we need yet another hour of constant dragon flying around torching stuff. we get it, she hella mad. but the whole episode was just that.
    agree with everything re:Wack Sparrow. Worst character ever. Oh yeah ill just swim a good 800m in full bikie leather and get to shore right as one dude and one dude only is standing there and it happens to be someone im keen to throw down with. Lame.
    also, Westeros should send a team to the Olympics they are the best swimmers ever, they will win all the medals.

Grey worm dude is sneaky chubby. heaps out of shape for such an elite warrior. check him out, hes got a pot belly. low energy, sad.

hey who would have thought that the 2 dudes would die fighting each other, huh, who?????? oh everyone? nevermind. Oh and he did the eyesquashing thing. SHOCKER!!!!!

also, what TENSION!!!!! i seriously thought the Littlest Hoho was gonna die from the 75 buildings that fell on her, but she kept getting up every time. its almost like they could have done it just once, and it would have been enough.

The only real surprise was the Queen of Queens going out like that. i fully expected the Littlest Hoho or someone to come flying in with the killshot.

Also, so where is the actual Iron Throne? is it now dust as well or is it in one of the 3 buildings that the Dragon didnt destroy?

also, do Dragons run out of fire? is there some sort of petrol tank of fire that eventually runs out or can they just continually be on full flow 24/7? Mrs Plague tried to tell me that Dragons can just get down like that on the reg but i dont think Mrs Plague has any sort of degree in Zoology or Dragonism so im doubtful.

by tuesday next week this will all be forgotten about so lets live in the moment while we can guys.
    Seems like I am WRONG

if someone is getting into Game of Thrones get them to watch this as it really explains things in good detail.

Seems like I am WRONG

Also, so where is the actual Iron Throne? is it now dust as well or is it in one of the 3 buildings that the Dragon didnt destroy?
    Don’t tell the crazy dragon lady, its stashed in my back shed. To be honest, it ain’t that comfortable.

i just remembered that white horse just showing up at the end.
    why was that white hose there when everything else was torched?
    Seems like I am WRONG