Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 09 | Sydney FC v Newcastle Jets | Friday 4/12/15 ko 740pm

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    This is another one of those nights where I speculate about my life decisions. That was another dreadful performance. We deserve the wooden spoon! Whatever Miller is trying to get to work clearly doesn't. He has no plan B. Sydney were cutting us to pieces. Yes injuries in defence hurt us but before you get through defence you need to get past 6 other players. We deserved to lose 5-0 and would have if Holosko wasn't a dud. Why do I keep watching these blokes play?
    In fairness Miller did have a plan b. He moved to 3 at the back which I thought was going to be suicidal but turned out ok.

The positive difference when Cowburn came on was immediately noticeable
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Take Brosque out of Sydney's line up and shuffle one of their midfielders into centre back alongside their third choice centre back and they would no doubt have looked just as woeful as we did last night.

Kitto was a complete failure tonight and why he wasn't hooked for Cooper to replace I do not understand.

Cowburn must get a start next week surely ? The kids doing everything right and totally looks like he belongs in the team.

I'm not that worried about the result though. Of all the losses against Sydney over the years that was one of the least painful.
    But I guess the thing is take Brosque, Jurman, Ryall and Ninkovic out of their team and they bring have to adjust like we did. They have the luxury of bringing in Smeltz, Faty, Anderson and O'Neill to cover. Most other teams would be in our predicament with square pegs in round holes.

The injuries are killing us at the moment and it reflects on how we've managed our salary cap. But we knew this year was going to be like it (a building year). In saying that the emergence of Jackson is something positive to come from the situation.

The still doesn't make it easier to watch or take. And Cooper must have done something really bad to still not get a look in
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Our best 11 is a good side. Unfortunately when we are missing our 2 CBs, who are ball players, and Leonardo it makes for an amazingly different game.

Depth was always going to be an issue.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    Our best 11 is a good side. Unfortunately when we are missing our 2 CBs, who are ball players, and Leonardo it makes for an amazingly different game.

Depth was always going to be an issue.
    Sure we have depth issues

But to call our best XI a good side is complete and utter bullshit.

Our best XI is not as good on paper than any Jets side we have had in the last 10 years.

It ain't even close

We have the worse best side on paper in the HAL bar the Gypos maybe

As for our depth issues. Complete and utter bullshit that it is anyone's responsibility than the clubs management.

We still are spending at least the minimum of the salary cap so we ain't that far behind the likes of Nix Adelaide Roar etc in player payments. Compare the value they get from their squads and what we get

All I know is there are a few blokes in our squad who are definitely paid well above what the market rate would be for them.

Seriously where the **** is our $2. something million going to???

I not seeing the quality players

Agree with member, in that there are a few players we are paying massive overs for.

Thankfully, at least 1 of them is coming off contract at the season's end.

Of course, wasting extra money on unworthy players has a trickle-down effect, which we are seeing in the squad's lack of quality in depth especially.

Miller and co can only play with the cards they've been dealt to a certain extent. I will say I was happy to see substitutions made before the 80th minute this time, giving the new players half a chance to assert themselves

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Agree with member, in that there are a few players we are paying massive overs for.

Thankfully, at least 1 of them is coming off contract at the season's end.

Of course, wasting extra money on unworthy players has a trickle-down effect, which we are seeing in the squad's lack of quality in depth especially.

Miller and co can only play with the cards they've been dealt to a certain extent. I will say I was happy to see substitutions made before the 80th minute this time, giving the new players half a chance to assert themselves
    Playing to the cap means nothing when you consider that Sydney and Melbourne are well and truly over the limit. No way is Sydney not rorting the cap.

It's not been easy for the Jets to attract players either given the financial situation at the club, past managers / coaches, and the fact we are not in a capital city.

if Sydney can get a player for $140k that same player will probably cost twice that much to bring to Newcastle. That is the reality of it all.

We can never ever be competitive in this league under the current rules - regardless of our ownership situation.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 05-12-2015 at 10:24 AM.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    There just seems to be zero accountability in this team.
    Drop off your man - no problem.
    Poor pass - don't worry about it.
    Don't push back in defence - that's ok.
    Terrible cross - better luck next time.
    Don't push on in attack - we get that you're tired.

So frustrating!
    so true

it's now 3 wins in 9, miller being exposed as a one trick pony who has no real rhyme or reason to his play and plays favourites with the players.

we're going to be lucky to make the finals.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    so true

it's now 3 wins in 9, miller being exposed as a one trick pony who has no real rhyme or reason to his play and plays favourites with the players.

we're going to be lucky to make the finals.
    How can it be any other way ? None of us have the $20m or so it would take to be competitive for one season let alone the next five seasons.

Just on marketing alone the Big clubs have us nailed due to their exposure through fox and SBS.
    We don't have the ability to change the rules with respect to marquee players to suit us and so on.
    Under a salary cap with minimum wages and no marquees we would be a lot more competitive. But nobody wants that so it would seem.

So we either get used to not winning or keep whining about shit we can't fix without a shit load of money.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 05-12-2015 at 10:29 AM.

this was never* a problem when Con was in charge.

*shhhhhhhhhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Sure we have depth issues

But to call our best XI a good side is complete and utter bullshit.

Our best XI is not as good on paper than any Jets side we have had in the last 10 years.

It ain't even close

We have the worse best side on paper in the HAL bar the Gypos maybe

As for our depth issues. Complete and utter bullshit that it is anyone's responsibility than the clubs management.

We still are spending at least the minimum of the salary cap so we ain't that far behind the likes of Nix Adelaide Roar etc in player payments. Compare the value they get from their squads and what we get

All I know is there are a few blokes in our squad who are definitely paid well above what the market rate would be for them.

Seriously where the **** is our $2. something million going to???

I not seeing the quality players
    Everyone has a right to an opinion, I guess.

that game says more about how far sydney are off the wagon than it does about us tbh

We just need to accept that there are four clubs in this competition, especially the way Fuxsports goes about things. Roar is the fly in the ointment but the rest of us are falling off the pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    We just need to accept that there are four clubs in this competition, especially the way Fuxsports goes about things. Roar is the fly in the ointment but the rest of us are falling off the pace.
    "We need to accept that some clubs are better than others except for the ones that are good for other reasons and the ones who perform above and beyond expectations then we can just pass this off as an anomaly and go back under our tin hats and moan that the world hates us and it's not our fault we are such trash"

Good speech my breh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    We suckers propping up the comp forever. get used to it. As said earlier our top side is most others bench side and its been that way for years. wake me up when its going to change.
    Last edited by hawk; 05-12-2015 at 11:17 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    Everyone has a right to an opinion, I guess.
    An opinion is one thing.

I am just calling you on your bullshit claim that we have a good first choice side.

I would trade every other clubs playing roster bar the Gypos for ours in a heartbeat.
    I am sure Millertime would too

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    We suckers propping up the comp forever. get used to it. As said earlier our top side is most others bench side and its been that way for years. wake me up when its going to change.
    Enjoy your long sleep then Hawk

Not changing anytime soon. We are 3-4 years away from getting a title contending side

Enjoy your long sleep then Hawk

Not changing anytime soon. We are 3-4 years away from getting a title contending side
    You should be too busy Karma Sutrasizing your new bird to be worried about this football shit Member.

An opinion is one thing.

I am just calling you on your bullshit claim that we have a good first choice side.

I would trade every other clubs playing roster bar the Gypos for ours in a heartbeat.
    I am sure Millertime would too
    And dribbling is another

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    You should be too busy Karma Sutrasizing your new bird to be worried about this football shit Member.
    Will be soon enough ***

Not really worried about it too much. I am pretty certain she is gonna kill me at some stage ***

Mediocre Newcastle is good for the league.

We still get 10k crowds. Nobody else is missing out. Ffa wins all round.
    Go jetties