Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller - He's Out (pg 25)

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    he's shite tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Miller is only here until the new owners take over. So twenty more years tops.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Did anyone see the Leicester v City game this morning?
    Did anyone see what happened around the 60min mark?
    Did anyone see Ranieri, and his £17m squad against a £309m squad comfortably holding a 0-0 draw?
    Did anyone see at the 60min mark, knowing a point would take him equal top of the EPL, Ranieri decide he didn't want a draw, so he subs on a 2nd striker and tries to win the damn game.
    So while a bunch of you would have cried into your weet-bix about squad sizes and money, a coach showed some balls and went out there to win the game regardless of what others thought of his squad.

Ranieri just clowned all of you defending Miller and his cowardly tactics.
    Accept it, the bloke demands way more courage from his players than he's ever willing to supply himself.
    Raneiri isnt focusing on defence

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Raneiri isnt focusing on defence
    thats for the training ground tho innit?

10k not signing up to watch him play shirts v skins
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    "It’s how you measure the game, ultimately. You can call it parking the bus, or you can call it defensively organised and structured.
    To defend well is actually harder than to attack, because it takes intelligence and understanding of each other’s roles.
    Whether you classify it as parking the bus or clever defending in the middle third, it doesn’t really affect my thought process.’’
    **** Me Dead

Hahaha, brilliant.

Oh wait, that's really Miller saying that?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Hahaha, brilliant.

Oh wait, that's really Miller saying that?
    Yep that's Miller being quoted.

That's actually defining how to have your team play like cowards.

FMD

Defending well is harder than attacking

Yep I suppose he is right particularly if you operate a 10 man defensive unit and invite the opponent onto you every game and refuse to push anyone forward and ask questions of the opposition from time to time.

Makes attack very hard when you stack the cards against yourself like that

If defending is harder, than why doesn't he go for the easy approach every now and then?

Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post
    If defending is harder, than why doesn't he go for the easy approach every now and then?
    I'm starting to think Miller is Captain Obvious' evil twin brother.

Come to think of it, where is the Captain these days?

We are not even considering going to todays game. I mean what is the point when you know he's going to play Milos on his own and park the bus for 90mins ?

The Jets might get lucky but the reality is they are going to give Melbourne a lot of possession in the Jets half and the Jets will be pretty much trying to hold on for 90mins.

Hopefully Melbourne Victory find form and put six unanswered goals into the back of the net. Then maybe Miller will get the wake up call he needs.

If Miller thinks the team is not good enough to play in a positive manner then he should step aside and give someone else a shot.

I still think our roster is piss weak but that's still no excuse for playing like pussies every week.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    We are not even considering going to todays game. I mean what is the point when you know he's going to play Milos on his own and park the bus for 90mins ?

The Jets might get lucky but the reality is they are going to give Melbourne a lot of possession in the Jets half and the Jets will be pretty much trying to hold on for 90mins.

Hopefully Melbourne Victory find form and put six unanswered goals into the back of the net. Then maybe Miller will get the wake up call he needs.

If Miller thinks the team is not good enough to play in a positive manner then he should step aside and give someone else a shot.

I still think our roster is piss weak but that's still no excuse for playing like pussies every week.
    Yeah I'm hereing you, hard to get motivated to go. It's 3pm and the rain stopped about an hour ago. Takes me less then a 5 minute drive to the stadium so suppose I'll pop over and see if Miller has changed anything in the last 9 days. Tell you what if I lived out Maitland or say Toronto way, no way I would be driving all the way over to Broadmeadow to be a glutton for more punishment!

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Yeah I'm hereing you, hard to get motivated to go. It's 3pm and the rain stopped about an hour ago. Takes me less then a 5 minute drive to the stadium so suppose I'll pop over and see if Miller has changed anything in the last 9 days. Tell you what if I lived out Maitland or say Toronto way, no way I would be driving all the way over to Broadmeadow to be a glutton for more punishment!
    I'm from Maitland and have made the trip in. Sucker for punishment I certainly am. I've gotten used to laughing when I'm meant to be crying otherwise no point being a jets fan.

Banned
    Bloke is clueless

Time to go

Clockwork. Well done.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    cya mate
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

I'm not in the "Out" camp yet but like every other fan I'm not happy. The thing that is holding me back is that Miller hasn't had the same opportunity with the squad as Stubbins had the year before.

Stubbins had far more of the cap space to use than Miller had at the beginning of the year. We haven't given him an opportunity to build the squad he wants. And we've had 4 coaches in the last 2.5 seasons and where has it got us? If we just bounce from coach to coach how can we build a squad?

What has me peeved is that we are trying the same thing an expecting different results. Alivodic, Trifunovic, Watson are all out of form. Our tactics are off but that's been debated to death. However, I will add, why are we putting in crosses to the likes of Crowley and Pavicevic? They're young and not fully developed physically so they'll get bullied against a big defender like Delipierre.

The club has lost, or is losing, all of the goodwill it built up in the off season and I blame the FFA. We are now 9 A-League matches without a win which is one away from equaling our worst periods from last year and two away from equaling our worst ever record.

Something is going to have to give soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I agree, Miller is to some extent bound by some of the terrible decisions and squad development of Stubbins at the end of his tenure.

Big issue for me is how much we are (or aren't) being supported by our owners.

By all accounts we are using the lower end of the salary cap margins, sitting more at the minimum spend than the maximum. We aren't using any of the marquee or salary cap exemptions, again presumably to keep costs down.

The biggest failing for us at this point is again our owners. How the FFA can not see how huge the game here could be if they treated it right. To have close to 10,000 members after the basket case that was the Tinkler era should have someone at the FFA realising that if they spend a little, this could be a huge club. Shit, we even have 8,500 to turn up to see a team that hasn't won in 9 or scored in 5. the potential here is huge and if the FFA can't see that with a little forward thinking they could have a huge club that is attractive to buyers and TV ratings.

But no, they stick us in caretaker mode, let us plod along. All that will happen if we continue along this trajectory is the team will continue to struggle and crowd numbers will dwindle. With the FFA's performance of late, I can imagine them doing something completely stupid like merging the mariners and Jets and then wondering why the crowds completely run away.

I'm being swayed here.

worst thing about yesterday was when miller said this

“From where the club was to where it is now, is a great improvement,
    okay it was fine to compare to last year when we were top off the table for 18 hours, but when your results are comparable to last year now that makes no sense. Yes I probably agree with a shitter squad we are performing better but that mentality stinks saying that.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    I'm being swayed here.

worst thing about yesterday was when miller said this

okay it was fine to compare to last year when we were top off the table for 18 hours, but when your results are comparable to last year now that makes no sense. Yes I probably agree with a shitter squad we are performing better but that mentality stinks saying that.
    I read that quote too and shook my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles